doublegunshop.com - home
Also posted on NE site.
Been waiting a year for this.
Chapuis Series 3 7x57R with Leupold VX-R 2x7 scope.
8 lbs 1 oz. with scope. 21 3/4" barrels.
I sent the scope to the factory so that they could regulate the rifle with it.
Haven't shot it yet but now that the snow is almost gone and I can get to my range, Ill be testing it out with Hornandy and Prvi Partizan.
will keep you all posted. As you can see form the factory target, it shoot pretty nice.

Nice rifle. Bud's is offering Norma 'Oryx' 156gr 7x57R ammo at $55/box.
I have had many years experience with 7x57R in a HEYM, and my favorite ammo is RWS with 173gr H Mantle bullet.It was regulated with this bullet, but handloading with bullets as light as 162gr. worked well.Much lighter bullets, however didn't work too well.Individual groups were acceptable, it was just that they were centered too far from the Brenneke(other barrel)point of impact. Just a thought.
Mike
The test target that came with his rifle lists Norma 'Oryx' which appears to be available from Buds Gun Shop. Considering cost of ammo today the asking price is not unreasonable.
Nice rifle! Congratulations!
I bought Hornandy for $17 a box.
Another poster here tested it in his 7x57R Chapuis and it regulates perfectly with it. So I should be good to go. The Privi is also supposed to regulate close to the Norma
The gun is beautiful, I hope it has many stories to tell in the future.

I bought a couple of boxes of the Privi 139r for my 7x57R J P Sauer drilling and was impressed with it. I had just installed the scope and this was the first trip to the range at 100 yards.

Try a box of Sellier & Bellot 7x57R with the 173 gr. SPCE about $17-20 a box. It may surprise you.
Crap it looks like they cut down a hell of a nice tree to make the stock.
have you shot any game with them? I have heard that S&B bullets don't hold together very well on game>. I sure would like some first hand experience to verify that.
so far, the Prvi 139 Gr loads seem to group better than the Hornady 162 gr. The last Prvi group I shot at 100 yards put all 4 in 2". the Hornandy makes two distinct groups with each barrel with about 2 inches between groups on the horizontal and about 3" on the vertical for dispersion. still need to do more testing.
Hornady does the same in my Valmet 412 and BRNO. It groups in a different spot than other ammo but it is consistent
Here is how it shot with Privi 139 Gr.
Nice scope though I never cared for 30mm tube. I'm buying 1" AR-1 3-9x40 with green firedot reticle. Great $400 scope seldom picked because of AR designation. Perfect blend of reticle type plus illumination and cap-less target style turrents to.
I went with the 30mm for the european styling. In retrospect now, I should have put a 2.5x8 VX III on it!!!!!
Brian,
"Form Follows Function", the 30mm tube will help in the late afternoon, don't sharpshoot your first decision.
Mike
A knowledgeable friend told me the S&B jackets are soft. They shoot well out of my BRNO double and my Meffert drilling.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com