doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: LeFusil WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/08/24 12:54 AM
Looking for a shotgun sling for European style 3/4” swivels. Would prefer a leather sling similar to the one Jeff’s outfitters used to sell. If you have one you’re not using, let me know!

Thank,
Dustin
Dustin,
I bought one of these from this guy, double check on the dimensions because he sells them in 3/4” and 1” sizes. The “sling” part is fairly wide, so I tend to bring it along in a pocket, and put it on if I need it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3023252326...tS&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Not European, but, I don’t care. Works when I’m tired and on the way back to the truck.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: eightbore Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/08/24 09:52 PM
How do they make these for $17.00?? Great looking stuff that guy has.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/08/24 10:21 PM
LeFusil,
I suggest you call up the German Gun Collectors Assn. website and go to the section selling publications, etc, and buy one of their quick shortening slings. I believe the current cost is $37. This is my favorite sling of all.
Mike
Posted By: LeFusil Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/08/24 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Der Ami
LeFusil,
I suggest you call up the German Gun Collectors Assn. website and go to the section selling publications, etc, and buy one of their quick shortening slings. I believe the current cost is $37. This is my favorite sling of all.
Mike

I’m not finding any section that has things for sale🤷🏽‍♂️

Could you post a link to that section please!
Dustin,

https://www.germanguns.com/vb5/forum/new-members-post-here/wtb-wts

You might have to register to get the full picture.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: LeFusil Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/09/24 02:06 AM
Ted,
Maybe I’m a bit downsy at times, but I still can’t find the slings Mike is talking about.😂 I emailed Larry Schuknecht though. He should be able to hook me up. Thanks.

Dustin
Happens to the best of us. I didn’t find any slings, just found the spot I figured they would be for sale.

That sling off the ‘bay isn’t European, isn’t authentic, isn’t expensive, but you know what? At the end of the day, when my ass is dragging and there are three miles of snowy hiking left until I get to the truck, it is a damn nice sling.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Der Ami Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/09/24 03:28 PM
I think the confusion comes from the existence of two different but similar sites. The GGCA website is www.germanguns.com. click on "online store", then "club merchandise" and you should be able to find the slings. The site Larry Schuknect runs is www.germanhuntingguns.com. This site is more for information and history and was founded by the founder of the GGCA, consequently the similarity. Larry is a good guy and is part of the GGCA, so he may "hook you up", if he can't go to the GGCA site.
Mike
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/09/24 04:50 PM
https://www.germanguns.com/product/quick-shortening-rifle-sling/
Posted By: LeFusil Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/10/24 02:40 AM
Thanks Rob. 🍻
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/10/24 02:57 AM
Glad to help, let us know how you like it, I may need that size soon for a no name drilling.
Posted By: Brian Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/13/24 09:33 PM
PM sent
Posted By: Cold1 Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/14/24 07:53 PM
I just got one of the Ebay ones. Its nice for the money! It fits the swivels well and its the right length for me and my Drilling.
Posted By: vh1914 Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/16/24 01:58 AM
Marvin Huey used to advertise simple beautiful 3/4" slings years ago for $37.50. Just a nice 3/4" wide straight sling with burnished edges and brass post/button hole fasteners on each end. Mine has a line embossed about 1/16" in from the edge all the way around. He just said to give him the measurement between the swivels and he would furnish the correct length sling. Best money I ever spent. I don't know if he still offers it but, if so, you won't be disappointed.
Posted By: LeFusil Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/16/24 10:27 PM
Yo! I’ve found what I was after. Thank you fellas for all the suggestions, recommendations and offers. Much appreciated!

Dustin
Originally Posted by LeFusil
Yo! I’ve found what I was after. Thank you fellas for all the suggestions, recommendations and offers. Much appreciated!

Dustin

Where? Give us some details. Probably 1 guy in a thousand will put a sling on his shotgun, let’s see what you got!

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Der Ami Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 02/17/24 06:20 PM
vh1914
The quick shortening sling I recommend above is very much like the one you describe except it has the brass post/buttonhole fastener on one end only. The other end loops through the forearm sling and runs through a slide, so that by simply pulling the slide, the sling will be shortened and out of the way when going through brush, sitting in a stand, or returning the gun to a case.
Mike
Posted By: vh1914 Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 03/03/24 02:04 AM
Yes, Der Ami, I bought one of the quick-shortening slings from GGCA for my Brother-in-Law last year. Very nice. I see where they are offering a braided leather sling now, as well. Good equipment.
Posted By: oskar Re: WTB- shotgun sling for 3/4” swivels - 03/03/24 05:13 AM
When I went to Germany, a stop at the Franconia Store filled my need for narrow slings for my drillings, muzzle covers and really nice QR hunting leads for my dogs.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com