doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: K. Messerschmidt FS: Charles Boswell SLE, circ 1908 - 04/17/23 07:49 PM
Charles Boswell

12 bore Sidelock Ejector, no. 15869
Made in 1908 for a Mr. N. Gilbey

Barrels:
26" Sleeved in 1979
2 1/2" chambers
Chokes: 1/4, 3/4
Wall thickness: 30, 27
Reproofed in 1951 and 1979 (sleeving)

Weight: 6lb. 8oz

Stock (replacement)
LOP: 14 5/8"
Highly cast off for the right hand shooter
rest of measurements to come

Chris Batha now owns the rights to Charles Boswell and was kind enough to send me copies of the original sales log.

Asking $5,000 Open to reasonable offers

[img]https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-gauge.cfm?gun_id=102281252&cdn_bp=1[/img]
Posted By: pipeliner Re: FS: Charles Boswell SLE, circ 1908 - 04/18/23 09:25 PM
Pictures of the sleeved line.regards
You can only really see it in direct sunlight. I'm happy to email you photos and/or videos. I'm not sure how to do it easily here. Of if you're on Facebook, I can add the photos to my post in the SXS Shotgun Society, or in the Fine Guns group. My Facebook name is my full name, Karl Messerschmidt
Posted By: pipeliner Re: FS: Charles Boswell SLE, circ 1908 - 04/20/23 04:08 AM
Looked at the pictures on facebook.Sleeved work perfect.
Posted By: pipeliner Re: FS: Charles Boswell SLE, circ 1908 - 04/22/23 02:51 AM
You going to keep the Lang.?
I think I'm only selling this one. The original plan was to bring 5 over from the Holts auction, and sell three. Except that I fell in love with them while waiting for them to arrive (4 months). So I've committed myself to at least sell one. This one doesn't fit me well, so I've decided let it go.

I'll get more of the others up on Facebook later. The Lang will be really nice with a little work. It needs to have the top rib re-layed. I'll have that done, plus I think it will look super sexy with fresh case hardening. It was originally, but brushed bright later. I hope to have Doug Turnbull do it.
Re: sleeving job.... Agreed. Couldn't ask for much more.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com