doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: xkkat krieghoff TRUMPF Drilling parts - 03/18/24 10:53 AM
Greetings from OZ I am working on the above piece The VEE spring that works the snap action is broken
Just wondering if there's anyone who would have spares for this gun The spring is a Scott style.
I,ll give it a few days then get some steel and make one if I can't get a replacement There other small issues around the right barrel, The sub-cal insert installation has been, botched and the locating pin is damaged, also the RH side firing pin is bent apart from that its all good Regards to all Terry Hilton
Posted By: Der Ami Re: krieghoff TRUMPF Drilling parts - 03/18/24 03:08 PM
Terry,
I gave you a suggestion on your other posting above. The locating pin in the insert barrel might be repaired by refining the damaged area, if not, it can be replaced. The firing pin can likely be annealed, straightened, and rehardened. If not the old one can be used as a sample to turn a new one. The top lever springs in German guns are often pretty much standard and springs from other guns are often close enough to be modified to fit. I have a German single shot "tip up" rifle that came to me with one side of the spring broken off. As a "stop gap measure" I "jammed" a broken leaf of another spring from my junk box into the "v" of the broken spring. I haven't had a need to make a correct replacement after 30+ years of use(this depends on where the break is).
Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com