doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Graham Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/11/20 02:49 PM
Right trigger pull trips right ejector, and left ejector. Left trigger pull triggers left ejector, and only the left, as it should.

The ejector goods are essentially encased in a "box" portion of the iron, and it seeming what's going on is difficult.

If anyone has experience with this system, which I don't think is a very good system, please share. If the issue can't be resolved, it will need to have to parts removed to render an extractor gun instead.

Thanks.
Posted By: Hammergun Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/11/20 05:26 PM
Take it apart and clean and inspect. Perhaps a burr or peened area on the more often used right ejector is catching on the left ejector.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/11/20 06:14 PM
Agree- had that happen with Smith 12 bore 2E--RWTF
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/18/20 08:55 PM
Decision has been made to make this an extractor gun. Which component is the right to remove on these to do so. The forend will not go on without the kickers being in the cocked position. I was thinking the ejector sears, but that would leave the kickers still impacted by the ejector springs, so I am asking here.
Posted By: mc Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/23/20 03:22 PM
Why don't you repair it correctly as an ejector gun? if you truly want to learn how to repair vintage and antique sxs this is a good place to start don't give up and de-value this vintage gun fix it so it functions as it should.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/23/20 03:26 PM
The owner wants it as an extractor gun. Not for me to decide differently. It doesn’t devalue the gun in any way, unless he loses the parts.
Posted By: mc Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/23/20 03:48 PM
Yes it does it's a broken ejector gun look at prices of ejector v extractor guns.i wonder how many times the parts have been lost.buy am extractor gun leave the ejector parts in the gun they came from.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/23/20 05:10 PM
I disagree. I can always be switched back. Regardless, the owner wants what they want, and that ends the discussion.
Posted By: mc Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/24/20 04:04 AM
Send it to some one who can fix it correctly
Posted By: keith Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/24/20 04:14 AM
Originally Posted By: mc
Send it to some one who can fix it correctly

+100

A few years ago, a friend told me that he went to pick up his gun from a local gunsmith. He described seeing a high grade Fox 20 gauge gun with extensive engraving and gorgeous wood and checkering.

This gunsmith had just finished cutting the barrels to 18.1 inches, because that's what the customer wanted... a Cowboy Action gun.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to work on guns.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/24/20 06:28 AM
Give it a rest. As stated, repeatedly, the customer wants it to function as an extractor gun. It’s their gun, and their choice. It is an heirloom, and they want it to function to suite their preference, and nothing to do with who has worked on the gun.
Posted By: Dogfox Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/24/20 12:34 PM
"The customer" infers you now have a 01 Ffl to work on guns for profit. Also that you don't accept guns, receivers, frames for work from those in another state without having that Ffl. Hey remember just a few years ago you were selling that 20 gauge ejector Fox gun, it was too hard for your wife to open and cock? and you couldn't figure that out? Not that many years ago. You've come a long way.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/24/20 02:35 PM
B. Graham has done some first class work on a few of my guns and I have bought some of his "sympathetically" restored classics. His restorations remind me of the ideal to which Tony Treadwell aspired. I don't know the status of his gunsmithing education or FFL status presently, but I'm pretty sure he's still keeping his day job. When Bill refers to his "customer" it's probably because he does part time work for a gunshop/gunsmith...Geo
Posted By: skeettx Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/24/20 04:57 PM
You can effect an extractor gun by replacing the V-springs with weaker ones that will only lift the hulls

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1001560

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/remington/shotguns-rem/1900-hammerless-eje

Mike

p.s. you can give this option a try using a LARGE Bobby Pin cut to length and shaped.

https://www.amazon.com/1907-Matte-Bobby-Blonde-NHC006/dp/B0746SF9WP
Posted By: mc Re: Remington 1900 Ejector Issue - 02/25/20 04:23 AM
I thought he was looking for information on having both ejector working in the original post. it's to bad that problem couldn't be solved I would advise you to never ever ever try to repair a Parker ejector.remington is a piece of cake by comparison
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com