doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Graham Forend attachment + bite and loose - 05/03/19 01:23 AM
I’m curious about a Parker style forend clasp. I can pry the forend off without too much effort. I’d like to take a look at the bite between the lever and hook, but the lever is not attached to the iron itself. It is held to the iron with single screw with wood in between. I need to see what’s happening with the wood out of the way. How to do that is the advice needed. Thanks.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Forend attachment + bite and loose - 05/04/19 06:46 PM
I would shim the clasp the same thickness as the wood inbetween the the iron and clasp, then you would have just the iron and clasp to attach to the barrels. Is this for a hackett (Trojan) or higher grade?
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Forend attachment + bite and loose - 05/04/19 06:53 PM
It’s an English gun, the lever/clasp is like a Parker.
Posted By: james-l Re: Forend attachment + bite and loose - 05/05/19 02:01 AM
from the photos it is not like a Parker; more like a Fox. On a Parker the locking part is in the forend tang, on a Fox it is part of the lever.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Forend attachment + bite and loose - 05/07/19 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: james-l
from the photos it is not like a Parker; more like a Fox. On a Parker the locking part is in the forend tang, on a Fox it is part of the lever.

Thanks. I’ve not had a Fox like that before, so that didn’t come to mind.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Forend attachment + bite and loose - 05/07/19 02:48 PM
The problem (loose side-side, and weak clasp) was solver with:

1. a small amount of material added to the inside the area that the forend hanger passes through
2. a small amount of material added to the tip of the clasp hook.

Thank you.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com