doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: susjwp Locks for gun cases - 03/11/19 09:07 PM
Does anyone know where here in the US or abroad in the UK I could purchase those old style gun case locks, the push button or hinge lever type?

thanks,
John
Posted By: damascus Re: Locks for gun cases - 03/12/19 09:20 AM
I dont know of a modern maker of the Victorian style of push button gun case locks other than Bramah locks of London though you would need lots of cash for one of their locks. My method of obtaining a case lock is to purchase a case in near scrap condition on eBay etc. Strip the lock out and cut a new key but it all takes time.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Locks for gun cases - 03/12/19 12:42 PM
I may have a set from an older handmade mahogany case- felt lined-- I'll take a look and see what exactly they are- I did- and they are not quite what you are looking for-- "Gave it a shot"! RWTF
Posted By: mark Re: Locks for gun cases - 03/12/19 02:09 PM
A friend bought an old suitcase off Ebay just for the lock. In his case he even got the seller to remove it and just ship the lock.
Posted By: susjwp Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/05/19 11:24 AM
Thanks all. I located a source in England, AbbyEngland. A family operated business that manufactures both the hinge type and push button gun case locks in brass.
Posted By: simcgunner Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/05/19 02:03 PM
lots of brass case restoration hardware manufactures on the internet.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/06/19 01:10 AM
Also try Lee Valley (in Canada).
Catalog on line.
Posted By: damascus Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/06/19 01:29 PM
Strange I was under the impression Abby where suppliers of Horse tack etc.
Posted By: Gunter Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/06/19 02:46 PM
I had a look at their website last night - they seem to have one or two locks that are just the ticket!
Not sure about prices though? I didn't want to open an account/register to just see their prices.
Has someone done so and knows what they are charging for a proper guncase lock?

I redid an old Motorcase some ten years ago and couldn't find any proper locks, so I did what someone here suggested earlier
- bought an old scrap case and used the locks and other bits from that.
Hell of a lot of finicky work though!

Good to know that there is a supplier - just in case (no pun intended!) one needs a proper lock again.

Regards
Gunter
NRA Life 1974
Posted By: Igorrock Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/06/19 06:23 PM
Abbey Saddlery“s "Guncase Push Nozzle Lock Brass" costs £91,13. Other locks about £20 per piece.
Posted By: susjwp Re: Locks for gun cases - 04/07/19 02:25 AM
I just received their hinge lock. Cost 10£ shipping to the NY plus 20£, but it is well made, solid brass and will fill the bill on an oak and leather I am making. Came with rivets, key, of course, and arrived via royal post in three days via registered mail. I should have purchased the right hand rather than the left but it will work. Maybe I,ll order another and fit two, more secure for a double gun case. The push button is a bit pricey but what other alternative do we have. other than buying a junker from Holts or some other outfit.

Follow up. The hinge is not offset as are vintage but flush.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com