doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: C.R. Sides batavia leader - 05/25/18 09:04 PM
I turkey hunt with a batavia leader. Although in nice condition with lots of color, its not a high end shotgun. BUT, it fits me to a tee and shoots where I'm looking. With those marvelous long chokes. I noticed the safety is getting hard to put on and take off, so thought a little maintenance in that area is called for. Assume I have to take the butt stock off given the location of the safety, but that is an assumption only, and I need advice on how to take the stock off. I have the trigger guard screw and the one under it out already. What's next?

Charlie

thanks
Posted By: SKB Re: batavia leader - 05/25/18 09:36 PM
Make sure the locks are cocked and remove the screws(3) holding them in, gently tap the action on a soft surface and the locks will fall out. Then remove the screw under the top lever. Might be more that is what I can see from google images.
Steve
Posted By: C.R. Sides Re: batavia leader - 05/25/18 10:02 PM
thanks Steve.

I've owned a couple LCSmiths but never been in a sidelock before.

Charlie
Posted By: C.R. Sides Re: batavia leader - 05/29/18 04:35 PM
Got the trigger guard off, the locks out, screw under the top lever out, but the stock would not come off. It loosened up quite a bit, but felt like something was still holding it to the frame/trigger plate. Closed the top lever and the safety seemed to be working much better. With the locks off, I could get a little oil to the under side of the safety and it is working well now. Thanks for your help. I am now a side lock mechanic expert.

Charlie
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com