doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: waterbug LC smith safety spring - 03/23/17 06:12 PM
I am searching for a 3 position safety spring for my LC Smith. IT is a 1028 FW field grade. It can be origional or fabricated. Thank you for the help. Mike
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/23/17 06:37 PM
I obtained kits from Numrich to convert both my Elsies from 3 position to 2 position safeties. Both mine are regular frame. I have the 3 position parts from both guns around here somewhere. I don't intend to re-convert them, so if any of the parts are of use to you, I'll be glad to pass them along. I think however, that the safety spring was re-used and not a part of the conversion kit...Geo
Posted By: skeettx Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/23/17 11:47 PM
Hello waterbug
WELCOME on your FIRST posting smile

Yes, shows "sold out"
but call them anyway

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/520930.htm

George, please tell me if the kits are still available.

Mike
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/24/17 01:36 AM
I think NE GP. Which I believe means, New England Gun Parts, although I am not sure about that, might have the safety spring you need. I recently got some LC parts from him. Service was good and the price was fair. He was on ebay. I just tried to find him again but he didn't pop right up.

George was there a particular reason you switched your Elsies over to a two position safety? Function issues with the 3 position? or something like that. Just curious.

Swampman

Swampman
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/24/17 07:41 PM
Mike I do not know whether the conversion kits are still available, but it was only last year,I think, that I got mine.

Swampman, I switched because I hate 3-position safeties. The original 3 position safeties worked just fine, but I found myself constantly flicking the switch back and forth because I could not tell whether I was all the way back or all the way forward, or in the middle. This of course would not apply to more intelligent shooters...Geo
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/26/17 12:28 AM
George,

I believe I shall join the world of those less gifted. I am going to switch my duck gun over.

Swampman
Posted By: waterbug Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/27/17 02:27 PM
I will gladly purchase the 3 position spring if you still have it. I think I will try and keep the three position for now and perhaps if the replacement spring is unattainable then I will go the conversion route. This is the final piece to a somewhat DIY restoration. Thank you so much for your help.
Posted By: waterbug Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/27/17 02:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your help with this and the welcome to the forum. This is my first SXS and I absolutely love it. It was in incredibly poor condition when it came to me. This spring is the final piece before I can reassemble it.
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/28/17 12:49 PM
Waterbug,

I have found the acquisition of double guns to be an delightfully incurable malady. I shoot them and hunt with them and it makes what I'm doing just a little more fun. I have one piece of advice. If you get to the point that your vault has magically become full and you say to yourself I need to get rid of some of these guns to make room, stop. I have the perfect solution, take a breath, head over to your local sporting goods store and buy another vault, problem solved. I can't say that this will work for you but it sure has for me. Congratulations.
Swampman
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: LC smith safety spring - 03/28/17 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: waterbug
I will gladly purchase the 3 position spring if you still have it. I think I will try and keep the three position for now and perhaps if the replacement spring is unattainable then I will go the conversion route. This is the final piece to a somewhat DIY restoration. Thank you so much for your help.

waterbug, as I posted before, the spring works with either the 2 position or the 3 position safety, so I just used the original spring, and don't have a spare. The conversion kit for the regular frame won't work for the featherweight though. The spares I have are for the regular frame...Geo
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com