doublegunshop.com - home
I purchased it in mint shape. I know it's nothing special other than a rock-solid USA made utilitarian SxS. That is why I got it. I have removed the ejectors and lightly polished the channels, rods and face. The springs were shiny with no corrosion. Inside the box lock same condition. Question to you SxS experts, would a light polish on the breech face where ejectors make contact also assist in smoothness? It still has the black satin finish on it. Firing pins look mint. Thank you, Tom
With the barrels off and the ejectors in place and down, push on the ejector stem ends with one finger, gently until they move outward. If you can feel no resistance to them first moving, there is none from the bluing. If you do, only the areas where the sides of the ejectors are making contact would need polishing to alleviate it, most likely.

Nothing wasted on what you are doing. It is one the main things many doubles made at the lower price levels are lacking. Handwork. It's not the only thing many lack, but it is a biggie. It's admirable to do this kind of work, and it also helps prepare you for moving up into working on the better grades of guns.

SRH
Thank you Stan, it is responses such as yours that still give me faith in these forums. A decent well-thought out response.

The ejectors are very smooth now since I did the polishing. I ordered a 3/56 gold bead for the front. The existing front and mid bead are silver. Will be a nice contrast to my aging eyes. I'll try that before I go the fiber-optic route.

Thank you again, Tom
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com