doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Graham LC Smith firing pin selection - 11/20/15 03:10 PM
Where do folks like to get their firing pins for hammerless 12's? I have a 1904 and 1902. I see some folks making new ones, but it looks like they are for post-1913 guns. Yes?

I was going to take one pin out of the 1902 to replace a funky one in the 1904, which is working one that I shoot. One brass set screw came out OK, the bushing does NOT want to move. Tips and tricks for getting the bushing and set screws out?

Thank you.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: LC Smith firing pin selection - 11/20/15 08:11 PM
If the stock is off, I would put some penetrating oil like Kroil from behind where the back of the firing pin sticks out. I would have the receiver facing down and a way to keep the Kroil from running out.

If the stock is not off, try putting some Kroil using a flux brush or some small brush around the set screws and bushings and let it sit over night.
There is most likely crud in the threads stopping both from coming out.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: LC Smith firing pin selection - 11/23/15 06:24 PM
Originally Posted By: JDW
If the stock is off, I would put some penetrating oil like Kroil from behind where the back of the firing pin sticks out. I would have the receiver facing down and a way to keep the Kroil from running out.

If the stock is not off, try putting some Kroil using a flux brush or some small brush around the set screws and bushings and let it sit over night.
There is most likely crud in the threads stopping both from coming out.

Thank you. Will give that all a try shortly.
Are there folks who make new pins for pre-1913 guns, or are NOS and used typically what people find for replacements?
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: LC Smith firing pin selection - 11/26/15 01:20 AM
I've got a pair of pins for a 12 gauge pre-1913 Smith-send me a e-mail on the PMS if you are interested. RWTF Numrich has them in stock part no. 520640 at $14.10 each. I have a pair, as new as "miked" against specs. in Brophy book- $29.00 for both shipped USPS in Conus- prepaid. RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com