doublegunshop.com - home
It was my pleasure to have known Bernie for a short time and to see his collection of 4 bores, 8's and 10's.
http://www.10gauge.com/photos.html
May he rest in peace.
I never had that pleasure, but I am saddened by the loss of any enthusiast of double guns. The link you posted clearly shows the fun he was having, David.

I pray that God lets him continue, however that may work.
Thanks, he was a good person. One story he told was of a 8 gauge L.C. Smith Grade 4 that was at an auction. He went to the auction and was looking at the gun and one of the auction people said to him "are you going to bid on that gun", he reply was "no I am going to buy it". He did and this Grade 4 was only one of two made, and he owned the other one. Both are consecutive serial numbered.
I had the pleasure of knowing Bernie though my mothers cousins husband Jim Stahl who got Bernie into gun collecting. Bernie was a good guy who could tell stories for hours
Yes, Jim Stahl was Bernie's good friend and I got to know Jim through Bernie, a great person.
Bernie was a good friend and a fellow big bore collector.
OMG

I was just trying to get a hold of Bernie as I always do when I know I have something he would like. None of his numbers were working and just by chance I come across this post. Bernie was indeed the best kind. I will miss him.

can someone tell me how I can get in touch with his family to pass on my condolences? I have his home number but it does not appear to be working.

thx Sean
does anyone know how i can get a hold of Jim Stahl.

thx Sean
Sorry Sean for not responding sooner as I just happen to look here.

Jim Stahl eightbore@hotmail.com
When Bernie was in New Jersey bidding on the Grade 4 Smith eight gauge, I was on site at the auction house in the Shenandoah. When the hammer went down, I called Bernie to congratulate him. He had no idea how I knew it was he that bought the gun. Who else would it have been?
Bernie Was a good guy . I always enjoyed speaking with him. I am saddened by his passing. I will Shoot some rounds through my eight bore this holiday weekend and Think of Him.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com