doublegunshop.com - home
I have Weaver screw in chokes on a Model 12 that I am going to take to the skeet range this weekend to try out for the first time. It was supposedly owned by some elderly man who had it sitting in his closet for years. The gun is like new and was choked WS-1 but he installed the Weaver screw in chokes years ago. Have any of you ever had/used them in a gun? I had never heard of them before. How old are they?
Made in the '50s and early '60s. They were made by The W. R. Weaver Scope Co. in El Paso, Texas. The Weaver system was similar to the Cutts system except that the compensator body has holes instead of slots.
Add a little weight for a quicker swing.Don't lose any chokes as they are getting harder to find.Best part about them is you can get the guns with them on the barrels for a few hundred less than a factory gun and they work.
I'm on the road and away from my research materials, but I think they came out just before or just after WW-II. They were still being offered into at least the late 1960s.

The best game shot I ever watched used a short barrel A5 with a Weaver Choke. He was a Navy Hospital Corpsman I hunted with while I was stationed in San Diego. He got his two-day limit, 24 Doves in one box of shells when we went to Gila Bend, AZ.
I have a solid rib Model 12 16 gauge that has a Weaver choke system. Works fine, but makes the Cutts look attractive.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com