doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ML How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/29/06 02:03 PM
I want to put a leather covered recoil pad on one of my L.C. Smiths. Could anyone give me any instructions on doing this as easy as possible. Have a good supply of leather to work with, but don't know where to start. Help!

Regards,
M.L.
Posted By: JayCee Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/29/06 02:11 PM
M.L. I have in safe keeping a very clear and instructive post by Recoil Rob (with photos included).

PM your email.

JC(AL)
Posted By: ML Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/29/06 04:11 PM
AL,
I would very much like you to send me the info, my email address is benelli@ptsi.net.

Regards
M. L.
Posted By: JayCee Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/29/06 10:33 PM
ML, it is almost on the way.

For your reference, my name is Juan Carlos and the AL stands for Always Learning, ;-)

JC(AL)
Posted By: ML Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/29/06 11:58 PM
JC,
Recieved the information. Very helpfull. Thank you very much. If I can ever help you in any manner, Please feel free to ask. I have a good supply of leather if you want to try to cover a pad. I would be glad to send you some leather.

Regards
ML
Posted By: outdoorlvr Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/30/06 02:20 AM
JC. Me, too, at lavil37@verizon.net - - and thanks to both you and Recoil Rob.

Outdoorlvr
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/30/06 04:11 AM
Thanks for keeping the flame JC, I'm not sure that I even have a copy.

Rob
Posted By: kray Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/30/06 05:39 AM
JC,

If you are not tired of emailing those instructions around. I would also like to see them. kwythers@umn.edu

Thanks
Posted By: Classicioi Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/30/06 06:35 AM
JC,
I would also really appreciate having the instructions if you don't mind.

kmfergus57@yahoo.com

Thanks
Posted By: JayCee Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/30/06 12:43 PM
Gentlemen, they are on the way.

Rob, the instructions are really worth keeping. They are very didactic and well supported by great photos.

JC(AL)
Posted By: Randy Duke Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/31/06 04:37 AM
JC,

If you can, please send a copy to me. I had it saved but lost it when my hard drive needed an unscheduled rebuild!

randolph_duke@bellsouth.net

Thanks!

Duke
Posted By: Rapscallion Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/31/06 05:30 AM
Like Randy's, my copy went up in a hard drive crash, and I'd love another. Thanks JC!

canto@alltel.net
Posted By: kray Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 10/31/06 01:49 PM
JC,

Your pad instructions must have gotten lost in the ether. Could you re-send?

kwythers@umn.edu

On the other hand... does this board have a way to make the instructions "sticky"? Thay way they live on the board for others to search for when they need them. Just an idea.
Posted By: b24 Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 03/24/07 11:47 AM
Could you e-mail me these instructions or direct me to a source? Many thanks.
Bob
rsheard@charter.net
Posted By: Marc Stokeld Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 03/24/07 01:07 PM
Hey, I want to get in on this action! Could some one please email me a copy? I do leather pads, but am always listening to new ideas for anything I do. THanks!

mstokeld@hotmail.com
Posted By: JayCee Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 03/24/07 02:21 PM
B24 and Marc, the instructions are flying through the ether (or running through
fiber optics and cables) as I type.

Let me know how they get there.

JC(AL)
P.S.: Kray, did you get yours? JC
Posted By: mike campbell Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 03/24/07 05:13 PM
I recall the post Rob made and agree with all here that it's worth having. How about asking Dave to include it on the "other useful info" page?

If any of you haven't checked it out from the home page, you should. You'll find, among other interesting things, Marc Stokeld on finishing with epoxy, Pete Hiatt on gunstock walnut, and a nice essay on commissioning a custom Fox by Todd Kindler. Over the years, I've read some of these articles several times.
Posted By: tunes Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 03/24/07 11:58 PM
Sir,

if you don't mind, please send me a copy of you instructions for making a leather pad.

Thank you in advance, Rudy

rudyc@wi.rr.com
Posted By: cgs Re: How to leather cover a recoil pad? - 03/25/07 01:12 AM
JayCee,

I'd like a copy, too. E-mail - dmay40@hotmail.com

Thanks, much appreciated,

DLM
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com