doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rabbit ?Price check Stoeger Zephyr Uplander ? - 02/08/08 10:31 PM
16 ga. sidelock. IC/full. plated locks border engraved; holly leaves on fences. Nice looking gun; no real wear. Asking 850. Greg Martin sold one recently 1300+. Consigned and has sat for a while. Should I try to bump the price down a bit?

jack
Posted By: L. Brown Re: ?Price check Stoeger Zephyr Uplander ? - 02/08/08 11:59 PM
You can always make an offer, but I'd say that's a good price given the gun and condition you describe.
Posted By: rabbit Re: ?Price check Stoeger Zephyr Uplander ? - 02/09/08 12:40 AM
Thanks Larry.

jack
Rabbit, if the gun is a Victor Sarasqueta made for Stoeger, buy it. You will not be disappointed. If there is a rabbit inside of a diamond with V.S. on the watertable, the gun is one of Victor Sarasquetas. I paid 800 for my 20 ga. about 2 years ago from Paul Crosnoe. Chopper
Posted By: rabbit Re: ?Price check Stoeger Zephyr Uplander ? - 02/10/08 12:40 AM
Yes, it's a V.S. gun. Offered 750. Will know Monday probably. Thanks.

jack
Posted By: gjw Re: ?Price check Stoeger Zephyr Uplander ? - 02/10/08 02:31 AM
Jack, good luck to you!! Hope you get it, especially a 16, I'm green with envy!

Good Luck!

Greg
Posted By: rabbit Re: ?Price check Stoeger Zephyr Uplander ? - 02/10/08 03:03 AM
Thanks. Wooded for the import market of course but looked to be a good example of strait-grained Spanish walnut. Checkered butt as apparently Stoeger didn't tell Sarasqueta to put a pad on them and American owner[s] didn't bother either and also drop points. An international hybrid! What impressed me was the streaking on the breeches and ejectors and the condition of the breech face. I forget what that "streaking" is called. Heavy for a 16 but balanced and quick.

jack
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com