doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ellenbr OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 07:24 PM

To new acquaitances, as well as adversaries, a heartfelt Merry Christmas to you and yours. Not Happy Hanukkah; not Happy Kwanzaa; not Happy Mithra/Mythras event, but as it can't be phrased any better than: "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!"

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 07:32 PM
And some Christmas advice from Theodore Roosevelt

(With his grand-daughter 1918)

"There are two things that I want you to make up your minds to: first, that you are going to have a good time as long as you live - I have no use for the sour-faced man - and next, that you are going to do something worthwhile, that you are going to work hard and do the things you set out to do."
Talk to schoolchildren in Oyster Bay, Christmastime 1898

And if anyone is interested, a New Year's prayer for our nation (from 1958)

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=128492&sid=d5bcba63d6ee3cbe6154409f10d9495b
Posted By: Ithaca16 Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 07:33 PM
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. And happy hunting for old double's and or for game. Merry CHRISTmas
Posted By: john dozier Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 07:34 PM
And may you find that Purdey, Boss, Darne, or whatever under the tree and may you have roast quail, duck, goose, pheasant or whatever you shoot with it!
Posted By: gunut Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 07:40 PM
bah humbug........
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 07:52 PM
No "adversaries" here so far as I am concerned Ellen, just either old friends or new acquaintances who are still in the process of becoming friends.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!! Remember the Reason For The Season!
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 08:12 PM
Best to all for Christmas!

Rob
Posted By: Ed Stabler Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 08:17 PM
Merry Christmas, all, and God bless us, every one! -- Ed
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 08:32 PM
I'll take some ball bustin' for this picture...but Merry Christmas to all and God bless each and every one of you!

Posted By: David Williamson Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 09:16 PM
Also to our service men and women, to all here, Merry Christmas. And I agree it is.... Merry Christmas.
No ball-b...ing from me dubbletrubble, I think you look great and so do the two Airedales.
Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 09:40 PM
Yes, Merry CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year!

Joyeux Noel,
Posted By: john dozier Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 10:43 PM
Now if the two 'dales were just named Donner and Blitzen!
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 10:45 PM
Christmas?? Already? Now I know why that messy tree is in my house.... Best Wishes............Denny Crane!
Posted By: gjw Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/24/07 10:46 PM
Here, Here! A Merry Christmas to all and your families, hope all of you get that special "Double" you all want!!

Again, Merry, Merry Christmas to you all and yours!

God bless!!!

Greg
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 05:40 AM
Wishing you all the joys of the CHRISTMAS season and every happiness throughout the coming year.
For those celebrating "happy holidays" please watch your local tv commercials for your greetings.
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 06:52 AM
The Dales are brothers, big boys, 105 and 95 lbs.,named Henry and Henry's buddy. Virtual bookends! They are my kids for all purposes and wish everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! They also want to kill all the squirrels in the yard and make one ground hogs life really miserable!
Posted By: Gr8day Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 07:17 AM
dubble,
Do your 'dales specialize in the bignosecrotchpoke like mine?

Merry Christmas to all.
God from God, Light from Light Eternal.
Posted By: John Mann Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 01:31 PM
Merry Christmas to you all.
May the day be and bring blessings.
Best,
John
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 02:41 PM
LOL hell yeah! They can darn near lift you off the ground when they do it!
Posted By: Mike Armstrong Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 03:44 PM
A "frigid" 45 degrees here in Seal Beach when I got up at 4:45am. Venus bright as a diamond over the beach and the North Star pointing dead North (checked against my Brunton). Took four nice Barred Surf Perch out behind the break on Sunset Beach. While I was cleaning them, I watched our friendly local Cooper's hawk take a mourning dove out of the neighbor's back yard (noticed my cat Hairy was on the roof watching the same with envy, I'm sure). Life goes on; what a pretty thing!

In spite of everything we can all pray for the peace and mercy that this season stands for; me especially since my younger son is spending Christmas at Parris Island. !Y Feliz Navidad y Prospero A~no Nuevo a nuestros miembros hispanoparlantes!
Posted By: Steve Lawson Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 03:56 PM
Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year to All, with a special prayer shout out to our troops, where ever they may be.
Posted By: Mark Copeland Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 03:58 PM
Merry Christmas & a happy New Years!

Thanks for all the gifts this past year in the form of sharing information, pictures of aquisitions and everything else that makes this board so special!
Posted By: DES/TSD Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 04:49 PM
A heart felt MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Posted By: tw Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/25/07 08:47 PM
Merry Christmas to all and the wish for clear minds, good hearts [make that both kinds] and good health in the coming year. It is a time to celebrate & to reflect .. on time past, friends past, the opportunity of the present & on the promise and the smile it should bring forth, for it signifies acceptance and hope.

It is my hope that our lives be punctuated with much laughter and that the inevitable miss provide only a polite exclamation point.

I extend too, a prayer for all those removed from us and for less global discord.
Posted By: George L. Re: OT-Merry Christmas - 12/26/07 05:22 PM
Raimey, et al: Peace & Joy to all in this wonderous season of Our Dear Lord's birth and to each one of us a rebirth in love and kindness toward all.

Please remember SFC David Mosteller george.mosteller@us.army.mil
and all of our fighting men & women in Afganistan & Iraq this Holy Season. They are the ones giving up their freedom to be with their loved ones so that we may enjoy being with ours.

Best to all..........George
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com