doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Steve Lawson Restock or Not? - 12/10/07 09:43 PM
Unbder the thread titled "What Wood?" I asked what wood is preferable for a Army & Navy .410 that I am considering having re-stocked. A couple of folks are asking Why? Attached are the pics..... Not seen well in the photos are an area on the forend that has been filled with epoxy and the neck of the stock is black with oil that I was not able to get out even after several soaking with Woko's Brew.

In the photos there are a few of the blank that I have had for years and was planning to use for this project, but now am thinking about getting a different wood.

Here is a link to the photos:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/steveyachtspics/

If I can help with different or better pics, I will do my best. I took those at 5 am after a fitfull night sleep.

Any and all comments are appreciated.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Restock or Not? - 12/11/07 12:07 AM
Steve,
I'm of the opinion that truly excellent stockwork makes a gun a joy to handle and in your case would not be detrimental to value but just the opposite. That's my 2 cents.
Posted By: jerry6stl Re: Restock or Not? - 12/11/07 02:01 AM
About five years ago I found a rough old 12 gauge A.H. Fox "A" grade that needed lots of work. I had it completely redone by Buck Hamlin, and restocked to modern/my dimensions. It has been by favorite SxS ever since. I would have one redone again.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com