doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Noble Printing Question? - 11/05/07 10:38 PM
What I have is an old wooden printers block with a copper gun on it. It was used to print adds for the gun as ive seen them. I would like to find someone to use this block and make a print off of it and I would like it on my computer on a "Word". This way I can use it for letters that I type.
Is there anyone out there that can help me out?
Bob
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Printing Question? - 11/05/07 10:44 PM
Bob,
Can you take a digital picture of it? If the lighting is flat, it shouldn't be too hard to do all of what your asking digitally.

If taking a picture isn't going to work then you'll need an ink print, scan that and then do final adjustment digitally.

I'd be happy to help with the scanning/digital work, if you need that kind of help.
Posted By: Jeff G. Re: Printing Question? - 11/06/07 04:42 AM
Hi Bob,
I own a printing Company and ofcourse print by modern offset methods. I have used a Heidelberg windmill which uses magnesium mounted to wood for printing, a roller with a thin film of ink passes over the mag die and then applies pressure to imprint onto paper. I could try to imprint a copy for you then scan it. I would be willing to try for you.

Jeff G.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Printing Question? - 11/06/07 12:08 PM
Try going to a local college with a printmaking course in the Arts Dept. You should be able to find someone to pop you off a copy that you can then scan.
Posted By: Bob Noble Re: Printing Question? - 11/06/07 03:43 PM
Guys
Send me your email and Ill send you a picture of and and then you can tell me what you think.
Bob
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com