doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Hambidge Fire Sale - Great American Gunstocks - 10/22/07 03:02 PM
As many know, Henry Pohl, owner of Great American Gunstocks, suffered a disasterous fire several weeks ago. In an effort to raise cash he is selling much of his high grade inventory at significant discounts. Web site is http://www.gunstocks.com 1-800-784-4867. Henry has always been fair with me and my customers. Best, DR. BILL
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: Fire Sale - Great American Gunstocks - 10/22/07 03:22 PM
Bill, One of my best friends is a very good friend of Henry's. They roomed together in College. I understand this has been devastating for Henry. He is resolute in picking up the pieces. I wish him well. RCC
Posted By: CMWill Re: Fire Sale - Great American Gunstocks - 10/22/07 05:21 PM
It sure is a shame what happened to Henry. I have had nothing but good experiences with Henry in the past. I just looked at the website and he does have some nice blanks for the prices. A bit off topic, but did you get the email I sent you a about a week ago Dr. Bill, it concerned chasing engraving. If not, let me know with a PM or email at chan @ deepnet.com
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Fire Sale - Great American Gunstocks - 10/23/07 12:02 AM
It is sad news you bring. No one needs the loss of a major fire and the weight of the world must be on his back now. Hope he weather the storm. I need anther blank like I need a hole in my head but I intend to buy several. Hope this helps him out in some small way. Jon
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: Fire Sale - Great American Gunstocks - 10/23/07 04:27 AM
He needs the help. I promise. Jake
Posted By: dogdigger Re: Fire Sale - Great American Gunstocks - 10/23/07 07:00 AM
Thanks for posting about this site, I enjoyed it.
I, too, have had good dealings with Henry in the past. He has sadly been slammed quite a bit on this site by others who said he was lower than a snake's belly, and also was defended by many. I hate to see anyone go out like this, hopefully he will be able to put things back together and rise to the top again. I'll look through the fire sale items to see what I might can use.
Chatted with Henry yesterday. He is rising, pheonix like, from the ashes quite literally! They will have some limited ability this week and hope to have some advanced work/services available in a week or so. Seems like the SBA came through with a small loan. Henry thanks all for their concern. He feels they will be able to get back on their feet slowly. Best, BILL
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com