doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Cash One Of These... - 01/20/24 11:10 PM
Another thread ruined by Vilhelm and Frankie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: One Of These... - 01/20/24 11:11 PM

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: One Of These... - 01/20/24 11:14 PM
What a story there. Who is your wood guy?

Damn that knot was perfectly placed for disaster.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: One Of These... - 01/20/24 11:28 PM

I like your new hat joe
Posted By: KDGJ Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 12:24 AM
How did the crack develop by the safety (shooting or sitting in the safe)?

Ken
Posted By: skeettx Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 12:42 AM
Nice gun, sweet
What gauge?
Where is the original wood now?
Mike
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 05:30 AM
28 gauge and I’ve got the wood.
Know someone with a sub gauge Superlight?
Posted By: Buzz Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 02:05 PM
Bad luck for Bob....the 1st stock could not be repaired?
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Buzz

Same thought occurred to me, but, maybe there is more to that little crack. I would have tried, anyway.

A bunch of pretty firewood pictured, for sure.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: lagopus Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 04:05 PM
Excellent job. I always think that small bore over/unders look very elegant with a straight hand stock. I have a 20 bore Beretta EELL with a straight stock which looks just right. Lagopus.....
Posted By: keith Re: One Of These... - 01/21/24 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Buzz

I'd call it Karma.

And a cursory look at the picture of the first attempted replacement stock (2000 1-H, left side view) clearly shows a strong potential for hitting a knot or inclusion near the upper tang area. The blank did not need to become firewood. It would have been better suited for another type of firearm. The importance of closely examining all six sides of a stock blank during the selection process has been repeated here countless times. That isn't a tiny pin knot, and it looks as if it reared its' head before cutting very deep below the surface. Signs of that sizable knot were likely evident in the top of the blank at the time of purchase, and before duplicating began.

I know some stock blank sellers will offer to replace wood that has serious hidden flaws. But I wonder how one recovers the added expense of shipping, and set-up time for the duplicating that was aborted. I suppose that's all negligible compared to the total cost of the job.

The good news is that neither blank changed into an entirely different species of walnut while in the duplicator, as we saw several years ago in another Thread. So no need to notify the Vatican of a miracle!

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=559819&page=1
Posted By: SKB Re: One Of These... - 01/22/24 12:30 PM
Man, I really hate getting my hopes up but I do wonder, does mean the weekend rants are returning? Happy New Year billie to you and frAnk! All my best.
Steve
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: One Of These... - 01/22/24 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by SKB
Man, I really hate getting my hopes up but I do wonder, does mean the weekend rants are returning? Happy New Year billie to you and frAnk! All my best.
Steve

Appears jOe is living in your head, rent free again...

Best,
Ted
Posted By: SKB Re: One Of These... - 01/22/24 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by SKB
Steve

Appears jOe is living in your head, rent free again...

Best,
Ted

Nah Ted, though it may be time to get your glasses checked.

Just me, doing me best to spin the top that is billie.....

My, bad, billie is the bottom in that relationship wink

All my best,
Steve
Posted By: mc Re: One Of These... - 01/22/24 10:25 PM
I have read that stocks were rarely "cut up to make a nice fire this winter" by English gunmakers. Repairs were routinely done. On one of the St George guns, I read there were around 100 repairs, and when refinishing English guns I have found small repairs added, such as, knots in the wood used to hide repairs.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: One Of These... - 01/23/24 12:14 AM
MC, I like you dude. But, you really need to work on your grammar and punctuation. Dang boy, you're hard to read.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: One Of These... - 01/23/24 12:37 AM
Dang bOb.....even a dummy gun'smurf like SKB could have fixed that little crAck by the safety.
Posted By: keith Re: One Of These... - 01/23/24 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by SKB
Steve

It appears that Stevie is still butthurt because the old Thread in the link above, about the stock blank that was magically transformed into a totally different species of walnut, showed everyone that he/she actually knows very little about walnut. Even with clear photos, and me pointing out the glaring differences between the blank and the finished stock, Stevie couldn't tell a feather crotch black walnut blank(Juglans Nigra) from a figured thin shell English walnut (Juglans Regia) finished stock. Rocky Mtn Bill was able to see the differences easily:

Originally Posted by rocky mtn bill
The stock and the blank in these photos are not the same species of wood let alone the same piece.

It also appears Stevie knows I was right in my prior post in this Thread about the errors made in selecting the stock blank with the big honking knot inclusion in the top tang area. If I was wrong, he/she would be shouting from the rooftops about it. Hopefully someone else can learn something from my comments.

Or maybe Stevie is still butthurt about me posting the PM he/she recently sent to me, here in this For Sale forum Thread, where he/she showed us that he/she doesn't give a crap about stiffing Dave on the $12.00 fee for the Free Advertising of business ventures done in his/her tag-line, and even expanded that Free Advertising. This was done while bragging about having more integrity than a guy who actually makes a point of following that rule!

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=637649&page=3

I was really hoping that Stevie would make a New Years resolution to start compensating Dave the customary $12.00 fee for each and every sale made as a result of the Free Advertising done here. Same for the other Free Advertising gunsmith. But it's not looking like that's going to happen any time soon. So much for integrity.

It also appears that Stevie is still attempting to project his/her deviant lifestyle onto jOe and I. Liberal Left Democrats seem to do a lot of dishonest projecting like that. Maybe he/she just needs a little more Moderation or something.
Posted By: SKB Re: One Of These... - 01/23/24 02:45 PM
Hook, line, and sinker..... smile

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Just one question though billie, will the weekend rant be making a regular appearance like back in the good old days? Your meltdowns have some become endearing over the years.

All my best.
Steve
Posted By: keith Re: One Of These... - 01/23/24 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by SKB
Hook, line, and sinker.....

Yes Stevie, you certainly did take the bait, and you can't help yourself. It takes a really dumb fish to swallow everything.... even the rod!

I'm not surprised to see that you would consider my noticing freeloaders neglecting to pay Dave the $12.00 fee for all of the sales resulting from your continual Free Advertising of your business ventures to be a meltdown. In your feeble Liberal Left mind, trying to denigrate me would be preferable to just finally doing the right thing.

Are you paying Dave the customary fee for all of the sales resulting from advertising in your Tag Line? Or would you prefer to keep avoiding the question?

I call it a public service announcement, and I'm happy to keep making them... weekends, weekdays, whatever... I'm sure you want your clients to know how you roll. Just my opinion, as always.
Posted By: SKB Re: One Of These... - 01/23/24 11:07 PM
I have paid Dave the fees on the rare occasion that I sell a gun on this forum, always have, always will.

The percentage of guns of my gun sales that happen here on this forum is tiny, most of my sales happen over the phone, to long time clients. I do advertise both here and on Gunsinternational which is where most of my internet sales take place. I doubt I average 3 guns a year on this board.

I have answered your questions before you putz, you just like repeating a lie hoping that if you say it often enough people will believe it. You are full of horse manure, I pay Dave for what I sell here.

And as for your lifestyle choices, I have told you before, what you and frAnk do in the privacy of your mother's basement is none of my concern, you are two consenting senior citizens.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: One Of These... - 01/24/24 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Dang bOb.....even a dummy gun'smurf like SKB could have fixed that little crAck by the safety.
Happy New Year joe.
Perhaps a crack a$$ like you should stick to things you know, like straw hats.

Posted By: keith Re: One Of These... - 01/24/24 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by SKB
I have paid Dave the fees on the rare occasion that I sell a gun on this forum, always have, always will.

The percentage of guns of my gun sales that happen here on this forum is tiny, most of my sales happen over the phone, to long time clients. I do advertise both here and on Gunsinternational which is where most of my internet sales take place. I doubt I average 3 guns a year on this board.

I have answered your questions before you putz, you just like repeating a lie hoping that if you say it often enough people will believe it. You are full of horse manure, I pay Dave for what I sell here.

And as for your lifestyle choices, I have told you before, what you and frAnk do in the privacy of your mother's basement is none of my concern, you are two consenting senior citizens.

I read this response, and found it to be intentionally deceptive... at best.

I did not mention anything in this Thread about Stevie selling guns in the For Sale forum. I specifically mentioned Free Advertising of business ventures done in Tag Lines, and then not paying Dave the $12.00 fee for sales of services resulting from those particular Free Advertisements. I did not single out Stevie, and noted there are others who do it too. Anybody see anything at all about Stevie's gun sales here from me??? Does everybody see Stevie still avoiding a specific and potentially embarrassing question???

Originally Posted by keith
Are you paying Dave the customary fee for all of the sales resulting from advertising in your Tag Line? Or would you prefer to keep avoiding the question?

In 2023 alone, I noted at least four instances of members here who used his/her firearm importation services, which is a costly and presumably profitable service. When I questioned whether Dave got paid the $12.00 fee for those sales, this is the bragging response I got:

Originally Posted by SKB
billie, you underestimate things. I imported way, way more than 4 guns for board members this shipment, by several fold.

I have not falsely accused anyone of anything. I merely asked a question and gave my opinion based upon what I see here.

So the unanswered question remains unanswered.... has Dave been paid the $12.00 fee for ANY or ALL of those importation sales? If he was not paid for ALL, those claims of integrity look pretty shallow... like about zero.

On 11/27/23 at 12:12 PM, I received an unsolicited PM from Stevie, which I am very happy to share as a direct and unedited QUOTE. As we can see, Stevie has not only continued to do Free Advertising in his/her tagline, but doubled down by adding another for profit service:

Originally Posted by SKB
You appear to be slowing down in your old age, it took you nearly 6 weeks to start complaining about the African hunts in my tag line. Either that or I missed your earlier rants on the subject. All my best billie.
Steve

Now, Stevie is fully aware of Dave Weber's feelings about people who use his forums to advertise their business ventures here. I have posted QUOTES several times, of Dave's exact words concerning his displeasure with that. But Stevie doesn't give a shit, and continues to do Free Advertising in his/her tag-line.

If jOe or Ed did the exact same thing, there are several guys here who would be losing their minds, and crying to Dave that they should be banned forever.

Now in all fairness, when Stevie started his/her service of booking hunts, and added that additional for profit service to his/her tag-line, he/she did say he/she was making a single $12.00 donation in advance of any sales. So it appears that Stevie feels one single payment should cover all future fees. Maybe Dave should inform us if it is true that one advance For Sale fee payment covers all future sales. Maybe I am wrong, but it does not appear that was ever Dave's intent.

Another interesting thing is Stevie's accusation that I am lying about the Free Advertising that he/she does, in the hope of repeating a lie often enough that people might believe it. I merely asked questions about Free Advertising of business ventures... questions that have never been answered here. And Stevie is attempting to confuse and deflect from the issue by answering a question that I never asked. That apparent deception and comment is immediately followed by Stevie's own repeated lies, i.e., attempting to project his/her lifestyle onto me and jOe, and saying I live in my mother's basement. Stevie knows he/she is lying, because he/she has done extensive internet sleuthing of me and exactly where I live. Stevie denies this sleuthing, but has repeated false information here, which I planted in my online profile to trap him/her. Stevie has also repeatedly engaged in cowardly internet doxxing of my address and other personal information, in a gutless and unsuccessful attempt to drive me away. But that won't stop Stevie from telling lies. This is someone who brags about having more integrity than Ed. Pure slime posing as an innocent little flower, in my opinion.

So we shall see if I am permitted to respond to pure bullshit, or if I will be censored to allow the bullshit and lies to continue...
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: One Of These... - 01/24/24 11:55 PM
Shoot, Bob, that woulda' buffed right out! 🤣
Posted By: SKB Re: One Of These... - 01/25/24 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by SKB

I read this response, and found it to be intentionally deceptive... at best.

I did not mention anything in this Thread about Stevie selling guns in the For Sale forum. I specifically mentioned Free Advertising of business ventures done in Tag Lines, and then not paying Dave the $12.00 fee for sales of services resulting from those particular Free Advertisements. I did not single out Stevie, and noted there are others who do it too. Anybody see anything at all about Stevie's gun sales here from me??? Does everybody see Stevie still avoiding a specific and potentially embarrassing question???

In 2023 alone, I noted at least four instances of members here who used his/her firearm importation services, which is a costly and presumably profitable service. When I questioned whether Dave got paid the $12.00 fee for those sales, this is the bragging response I got:

Originally Posted by SKB
billie, you underestimate things. I imported way, way more than 4 guns for board members this shipment, by several fold.

So the unanswered question remains unanswered.... has Dave been paid the $12.00 fee for ANY or ALL of those importation sales? If not, those claims of integrity look pretty shallow... like about zero.

On 11/27/23 at 12:12 PM, I received an unsolicited PM from Stevie, which I am very happy to share as a direct and unedited QUOTE. As we can see, Stevie has not only continued to do Free Advertising in his/her tagline, but doubled down by adding another for profit service:

Originally Posted by SKB
You appear to be slowing down in your old age, it took you nearly 6 weeks to start complaining about the African hunts in my tag line. Either that or I missed your earlier rants on the subject. All my best billie.
Steve

Now, Stevie is fully aware of Dave Weber's feelings about people who use his forums to advertise their business ventures here. I have posted QUOTES several times, of Dave's exact words concerning his displeasure with that. But Stevie doesn't give a shit, and continues to do Free Advertising in his/her tag-line.

If jOe or Ed did the exact same thing, there are several guys here who would be losing their minds, and crying to Dave that they should be banned forever.

Now in all fairness, when Stevie started his/her service of booking hunts, and added that additional for profit service to his/her tag-line, he/she did say he/she was making a single $12.00 donation in advance of any sales. So it appears that Stevie feels one single payment should cover all future fees. Maybe Dave should inform us if it is true that one advance For Sale fee payment covers all future sales. Maybe I am wrong, but it does not appear that was ever Dave's intent.

Another interesting thing is Stevie's accusation that I am lying about the Free Advertising that he/she does, in the hope of repeating a lie often enough that people might believe it. I merely asked questions about Free Advertising of business ventures... questions that have never been answered here. And Stevie is attempting to confuse and deflect from the issue by answering a question that I never asked. That apparent deception and comment is immediately followed by Stevie's own repeated lies, attempting to project his/her lifestyle onto me and jOe, and saying I live in my mother's basement. Stevie knows he/she is lying, because he/she has done extensive internet sleuthing of me and exactly where I live. Stevie denies this sleuthing, but has repeated false information here which I planted in my online profile to trap him/her. Stevie has also repeatedly engaged in cowardly internet doxxing of my address and other personal information, in a lame and unsuccessful attempt to drive me away. But that won't stop Stevie from telling lies. This is someone who brags about having more integrity than Ed. Pure slime posing as an innocent little flower, in my opinion.

So we shall see if I am permitted to respond to pure bullshit, or if I will be censored to allow the bullshit and lies to continue...

Rant on....I'm done with you for now you nutter, my mission has been accomplished, meltdown achieved wink
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: One Of These... - 01/26/24 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bob Cash
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Happy New Year joe.
Perhaps a crack a$$ like you should stick to things you know, like straw hats.

Well cOrner cutting bOb that's what you get when you use a gun'smurf.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: One Of These... - 01/26/24 01:54 PM
You must not have much gun'smurf work to do because you spend most of your day playing on here....

How much time a day you and your mAn friend spend brAiding your pony tail.....
Posted By: keith Re: One Of These... - 01/27/24 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by SKB
Rant on....I'm done with you for now you nutter, my mission has been accomplished, meltdown achieved wink

I did in fact see a bona fide meltdown here.

The meltdown was Stevie's evasive and predictable response to a simple question. I predicted three probable responses. I felt it was possible that Stevie would once again not answer at all, as has happened in the past.

Well, it took over a day for him/her to post a lame reply that exhibited total fear of giving a straight and honest answer to the simple question about paying Dave the customary fee for all of the sales resulting from Free Advertising of business ventures in his/her tagline. That sure fits the description of a meltdown.

I also predicted that if Stevie did respond, he/she would try to deflect and deceive by denigrating me, and engaging in more of the personal attacks that he/she pretends to find so damaging to this forum. Yep, that's classic meltdown behavior too.

I won't mention the other thing I predicted just yet... but it has indeed happened. And it is another disingenuous, panicked, and hysterical meltdown response, intended to try to hide guilt, in my opinion.

But as a hint to this additional meltdown behavior, I will pose a hypothetical question: If someone gets caught cheating or stealing, and then they make partial payment or restitution, have they acted with integrity??? Or are they still a phony?

And this leads to another question. Will we see an end to people running these Free Advertisements in taglines, without the $12.00 fee paid to Dave for each and every sale? Or will those who play by the rules continue to subsidize cheaters?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com