doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Nitrah I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/03/23 09:28 PM
reloader. Are there any substitutes for emergency until I can replacement?
Posted By: skeettx Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/03/23 09:45 PM
Tape the tube, and switch to powder side
Posted By: tw Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/03/23 09:53 PM
I just double checked before printing this.

A 32 oz/1 qt bottle of Kroger's lemon juice concentrate has the same mouth as a MEC bottle and is made from a heavy plastic. It's inexpensive [less than a MEC replacement], so make yourself a gallon of lemonade and then use the bottle for your shot. You may be surprised how long it lasts.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/03/23 10:09 PM
I did that once. The bottles flopped down backwards and cracked the tall bottle that had shot in it. I just taped it up with duct tape and continued to use it. At least now, if it is not broken too badly you can put duct tape on it and use it for a spare. It's nice that you found one that fits. Good luck.
Posted By: Mark II Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/03/23 10:45 PM
It really sucks when you have a full shot bottle and go to push it back and it's so brittle your thumb goes through the side. :-(
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/03/23 11:47 PM
I am not sure but I think a 2 liter bottle might fit on it. I always keep spares in case that happens. Those bottles are pretty fragile. It is nice to find something around the house to have in case of an emergency. Sometimes you can find them used at gun shows for practically nothing. I think I picked up a few that way for spares. Good luck.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/04/23 12:16 AM
If you take a 2 Liter bottle, grind the threads off of the spout and cut the top off of it- it makes an excellent funnel for when you fill those bottles, too. With the threads removed from the neck the bottle will fit down inside the top of your shot and powder bottle and really makes it easy to refill your bottles. And it won't tip over and fall out when you're refilling the bottles, either. Good luck.
Posted By: Nitrah Re: I broke the bottle for shot on MEC - 12/04/23 01:26 AM
Thanks all for the tips.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com