doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: GLS Beretta barrel sequencing double trigger - 06/23/23 01:01 AM
While watching TGS Outdoors Inside a Hunting Fair-Cacccia Village 2023 at about 22:28, a Beretta host demonstrates a trigger group that can be installed in 680-690 series O/Us, that features a double trigger but with the added feature that either of the triggers can fire both barrels without moving to the second trigger. You pick the trigger corresponding to the barrel one wants to shoot first and then pull it again to discharge the second barrel. This is similar to what Browning once had on the Superposed. Here's a link to the Beretta site:
https://estore.beretta.com/en-gb/pr...er-for-serie-680-ga-20---28---410-E02485
I would like that.
Good luck getting this device installed in the good old USA.
Posted By: AGS Re: Beretta barrel sequencing double trigger - 06/23/23 02:11 PM
I imagine Coles would do it.

As an aside, I just won an auction for an older 686 28 gauge (not a 686 Special which was advertised). It was in decent shape but used and the barrels were not original, being different number and a year off in date code. I paid too much but the reason was it had double triggers. What really surprised me was that they weren't marked with an importers mark. The few I have seen listed were smallbores brought in from Europe. It is a 20 size frame, not the baby frame. A set of 30" barrels from an SP3 20/28 combo fit perfectly. It would make a great dove gun with those barrels because they are really weight forward on this frame. The frame and barrels on the one I just bought are much lighter than an equivalent newer gun I own.

I bought the double trigger gun to match the 1932 SO-2 I own. Love double trigger O/U's.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Beretta barrel sequencing double trigger - 06/23/23 02:54 PM
That guy reminds me of Tim Daly. Thanks for sharing.
Very early Browning Superposeds used the same system. They called theirs a "twin single", I believe. I owned an inexpensive Spanish double (maker's name slips my mind just now) that also used the same system.
There's a Beretta S685E 20ga with double triggers being advertised on Guns International now that looks like it was marketed for Europe.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com