doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: geco Anyone Have Anything to Say About the CSMC G1 - 04/12/23 01:38 PM
I just saw the add on their website about the G1 target gun anyone seen one or can comment on them? Also the Superbird, is this a new version of the RBL?
I think Johnny Carter on the YOUTUBE channel TGS did a video of him shooting at Orvis and using the G1 you are talking about. You can watch that video and get his reaction to using it.
At my Gun Club they actually have a Super Bird in the gun room at this time. I would say, Yes, it's a supped up version of the RBL. I will say it seems to point good when mounted. Have not shot one though.
I've seen them, held them in hand, and talked with Lou about them. They feel great, and look great, too. But, no way am I going to invest that much in a Galazan gun given the troubles so many I know of have had with their guns, in general. Personally, I'd much rather have a used Perazzi than a new Galazan. JMO, OMV.

I'd dearly love to order a custom built Christian Hunter, but will satisfy myself with looking at them, I guess. They are gorgeous, just the same.
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
... no way am I going to invest that much in a Galazan gun given the troubles so many I know of have had with their guns, in general. Personally, I'd much rather have a used Perazzi than a new Galazan. JMO, OMV.

Amen.
JR
Less than stellar customer reviews. Absolutely no excuse for the things I’ve seen.

Best,
Ted
You have to google the company. See Shotgun Wold in particular. Lots of unhappy campers. Lots

As for the design, how is it better or competitive with the market place?
I own one. Serial number xxx35. I bought it last year and sent it to the Custom Shop for a monte carlo stock with my dimensions. I currently have a high-grade being stocked in the Custom Shop. I've shot Remington 3200's since 1980 and have yet to find another I shoot as well.
Now I think I have. I still shoot International Trap and that's the purpose for these.
As to quality, first class. I've been shooting it at Int'l Trap and it is stellar. I have a ways to go performance wise but we're getting there.
What do I like about the gun: it fits, no mechanicals of any sort, performs better than I expected. Cons.: factory stocks don't fit me, not even close, trigger should be adjustable...you're stuck with a standard Inverness type trigger.
All in all, it's a winner! It's a lot of gun for the money. Shooting it in Binghamton this weekend in competition.
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...e-tubes-make-offer-.cfm?gun_id=102388674
I bought one of those. Perhaps the gun that John Roberts has just put up 1500 rounds shoots very good my highest average yet they’ve always taken very good care of both me and friends relatives. No complaints. If you’ve ever been there he’ll realize how many guns they sell and they are really no nonsense folks. That’s what we like about them.
The ad says "make offer', as does a lot of their guns for sale ads on GI. Did you make an offer, aw1776?
JR
They either changed the wood or altered stock that was on there but it’s a full feather crotch as they call it they gave me their aluminum travel case which is really great shipped to my dealer for about 5500 I have funny stock dimensions I’d like to meet up with you if you’re going to come to the vintage cup I’ll show you the gun and you can shoot it. I really like it a lot. Time will tell
I bought my first G1 on 10/27/2022.
Here are the custom stock dimensions:

G1: CSMC G1 12 Gauge Shotgun 32" Barrels
Monte Carlo Dimensions *14 7/8" x 1 3/8" x 1 3/
8" x 2"* *1/4" cast Off*
*Pachmyr Decelerator D752*

The second high-grade has the same dimensions and should arrive this month.
No experience with the G1--but have always been well treated by CSMC, both Sales and Service!

Hal Hare
Originally Posted by Hal M Hare
No experience with the G1--but have always been well treated by CSMC, both Sales and Service!

Hal Hare
You like those model 21s, don't you Hal? 🙂
Jimmy-
Yes, they have built a few M-21's and an RBL for me, and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com