doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Blair Check this out... - 07/18/07 11:01 PM
Now this stuff is funny!!

http://72.249.34.53/ssmbbssucks1/
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Check this out... - 07/18/07 11:09 PM
About as funny as a website full of unwanted forwards!
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: Check this out... - 07/18/07 11:11 PM
Bob,

In light of the recent SSM problems its unlikely that you will be welcome there anymore. In any event this is really funny.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 12:01 AM
I got permanently banned there 2 months ago for posting something political in the political forum.
Oops, my bad.
Posted By: 775 Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 12:21 AM
"Stuff" hits the fan over there and we have a rare thread locked at right about the same time....I really hope that is a fluke.

PEACE!
Mark
Posted By: steve voss Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 12:26 AM
SSM has been the place I went for friendly conversation and for arguing about stuff with guys who's mind I couldn't change anyway. This BBS is where I have always gone (mostly lurked) for serious information.

I still talk with my friends, I just do it on the new site. It'll calm down soon and probably replace the original.....at least I hope so.

sv
Posted By: eightbore Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 12:36 AM
I agree with Doug, this is really funny. I just registered and posted. I can now throw away my Webster's Seventh Edition. I will misspell words with reckless abandon, say what I really think, which I have never done before, and give up this ridiculous "Eightbore" image and shoot and buy more 28s and .410s. My dreams have been fulfilled. Oh, by the way, I'm not selling any more guns to Doug Mann. I may buy one, however. Do we have legal help? Bill Murphy
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 12:37 AM
For me it will!
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
Oh, by the way, I'm not selling any more guns to Doug Mann. I may buy one, however. Do we have legal help? Bill Murphy

And just why not????????
Posted By: Brian Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 02:54 AM
I just registered also. I will stay here but will occasionally tread on the dark side!!!!

You have to have a sense of humor.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 04:01 AM
Yeti, I was banned for a poem I wrote!
Posted By: Hansli Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 05:53 AM
I've been waiting for those guys to set fire to that place. Rougher crowd than here, scotch and cigars do not necessarily the man make. New forum should be a donnybrook but fun to watch. If you don't get to use your favorite f word during the day you can unwind there. We'll see what that hurricane washes up here. Cool.
Posted By: cadet Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 06:24 AM
Thanks for posting the link.
Hilarious! Just what's needed in a game where too many people take themselves too seriously too much of the time. I'll enjoy watching its evolution.
RG
Posted By: dblfever Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 07:35 AM
Now thats funny, I don't care who ya are..................
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 11:14 AM
The list of the banned and bane grows over at ssmbbs.

Posted By: eightbore Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 01:33 PM
OH, Doug, I just thought of a gun I would like to sell you for a serious project, even more complicated than the last, but as satisfying. I guess I spoke too soon. Murphy wilmrph@verizon.net
Posted By: luckydog Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 01:51 PM
I was banned for starting a thread in GI about the record DOW, and crediting it to Bush. BAM! I'm outa there!
I don't care that the SSBBS is being run by a Left Winger, and I know there needs to be rules. I am disappointed that the rules are so un-evenly enforced.
Everyone that has been banned, is on the wrong side of Ed's political template.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 02:37 PM
I think not.
When you were a member there you were virtually absent from this site. Must have been a bitter pill to swallow when they nixed you eh?
They have a good forum, but one has to pretend the 'Politics and....' portion DOES NOT EXIST. I never go there!
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 03:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you know there is a take off from the "Real" shooting sportsman bbs. They have various "fake" posts from members of this site. Some posts that they do use real members names from the real ssbb other posts are made up names..

Please note that one of the posts they says is from me, but I can assure you that it is not.

Best,

John Boyd
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 03:10 PM
I think I got who posted the post in my name. Its the guy who heard that I have a Sear Bolt action shotgun ( picked out of the trash, All-Waste will not accept to take guns in trash, company policy) 12 ga that we use down here to killer cockroaches, with the butt-end. He called, wanted 8 or 10 pictures, drop at heel, comb, pitch, lop, cast, bore dia., choke constriction and if I would send it to England for proofing

I said that would be an extra charge

John Boyd
Posted By: john dozier Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 03:45 PM
WINDBAGS punctured free of charge. Great satire, just hope all of our board members will take it as great fun.
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 03:57 PM
Apparently Newton's Third Law applies to EBBs!
Posted By: rabbit Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 04:14 PM
I like it here where the homme serieux and the dilettante gadfly are seen to walk all over each other's posts and then maybe occasionally talk to each other.

jack
Posted By: eightbore Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 04:27 PM
I like Boyd's posts over here better than I like them over there. Way to go, John.
Posted By: rabbit Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 06:29 PM
The man who sends thankyou notes might find customers exasperating but not so much so as no customers.

jack
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 09:32 PM
Easy come, easy go, eh? Jake
Posted By: BPGuy Re: Check this out... - 07/19/07 09:42 PM
Too bad, but the new website is currently unavailable.
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 12:48 AM
Originally Posted By: BPGuy
Too bad, but the new website is currently unavailable.

No great loss. Perhaps wiser heads prevailed.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 01:15 AM
My 2 cents...

I checked out the evil anti-matter twin board and honestly I can see where it is offensive to the staff over a Shooting Sportsman.

Please keep in mind there are a bunch or really nice people on the staff of SS and that in addition to being true SxS aficionados they live or die (pay their bills) by the success of their product the magazine and associated site.

Devaluing their product in a public forum is not very cool.

By the way…The anti-matter site stopped to function around 7pm this eve. The server started giving an error message around 8:45pm EST…and every server has it’s registration…according to network solutions the registration lands here. This of course is public info and I make no reference or assertion to any relationship between the info below and the parody? site. All I can say for sure is the error message indicates the server and associated domain name.

Domain Name:GUNROOM.ORG
Created On:02-Jul-2005 18:40:37 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Apr-2007 17:24:55 UTC
Expiration Date:02-Jul-2008 18:40:37 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:GODA-012695997
Registrant Name:Stephen Atkinson
Registrant Street1:N13927 Newberg Rd
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Channing
Registrant State/Province:Michigan
Registrant Postal Code:49815
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9065426801
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:satkinson@uplogon.com
Admin ID:GODA-212695997
Admin Name:Stephen Atkinson
Admin Street1:N13927 Newberg Rd
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Channing
Admin State/Province:Michigan
Admin Postal Code:49815
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.9065426801
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:satkinson@uplogon.com
Tech ID:GODA-112695997
Tech Name:Stephen Atkinson
Tech Street1:N13927 Newberg Rd
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Channing
Tech State/Province:Michigan
Tech Postal Code:49815
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.9065426801
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:satkinson@uplogon.com
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 02:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
My 2 cents...

Devaluing their product in a public forum is not very cool.

My 2 cents...

...then they shouldn't have let Ed Carroll push the participants to the point where this happened despite many, many opportunities to correct the problem.

Ed doesn't want to monitor the board, the participants don't want someone like Ed monitoring the board...nobody's gonna win in that scenario.

If Ed was an even handed and consistent as you, there'd be no problem. Frankly, I think they devalued their own product, you enhanced the value of yours.
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 02:31 AM
It's their board - they can do whatever they want. Because Ed is their rep, he can do whatever they give them the OK to do. If you don't like it, go away and start your own site.

I think people forget that. A lot of guys over there think they own the site. They don't.

It doesn't suprise that SA is behind the evil twin site. This kind of stuff is just his style.

OWD
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
It's their board - they can do whatever they want. Because Ed is their rep, he can do whatever they give them the OK to do. If you don't like it, go away and start your own site.

Um...that's exactly what happened, and you seem to be upset about it.

It doesn't surprise that SA is behind the evil twin site. This kind of stuff is just his style.

You have absolutely no idea what Steve's "style" is.
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 03:10 AM
I'm not upset. I don't have a problem with what they're doing.

If you came into my house and upset me, I would kick you out, too.

If you whined about it like a baby, I would kick you out and keep you out for good.

Apparently setting up a site to ridicule a good magazine and the people who run it is his style.

You guys should all go start your own site. Call it Guns & Ego - pathetic little egos, really. That's what most of those tedious posts over there are really about, anyway.

Take care.

OWD
Posted By: M.J. Kenzer Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 03:20 AM

If you whined about it like a baby, I would kick you out and keep you out for good.

Apparently setting up a site to ridicule a good magazine and the people who run it is his style.

You guys should all go start your own site. Call it Guns & Ego - pathetic little egos, really. That's what most of those tedious posts over there are really about, anyway.

Take care.

OWD

Actually, you seem like you would fit right in.

You take care.
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 03:48 AM

Take care.

OWD

Hmmmmm....I sense a deep problem here, probably best that I just let you deal with it on your own.

I hope things clear up for you soon.
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 11:04 AM
M. J.

He wouldn't.

Erik
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 11:14 AM
OWD,
Wrinkling up panties was the point...and it worked pretty well. Didn't it?
Posted By: M.J. Kenzer Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 12:47 PM
My reply was meant to be dripping with ironic sarcasm. I forgot the eyeroll.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 01:00 PM
When I saw the evil twin board, I initially found some humor, that descended straight into pure hatred with further reading.

It didn't seem to be on the high road. In the end, it wasn't.

Some of us should have known better.
Best,
Ted
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 01:09 PM
Oh, I got it.
Posted By: pj moran Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 02:53 PM
In the event that the "banned" wish to see the SSM response: Hopefully, all this will have a soft landing for all.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:26 am Post subject: An Open Letter to Participants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may be aware, a number of members of this Bulletin Board recently were banned from participating. This was unfortunate. The reasons for the bannings varied, but the common thread was that we felt that these individuals had violated our Netiquette Guidelines.

The purpose of Shooting Sportsman hosting this Board is, and I quote from our Guidelines: “to promote the polite and free exchange of ideas and information regarding wingshooting & guns, as well as to foster a community of like-minded sportsmen. Because it is a property of Shooting Sportsman, the Board should reflect the flavor and feel of the publication, and posts should be made in the spirit of good taste and sportsmanship.” The moderators of this site always have done their best to uphold these standards and use their best judgment in evaluating posts and posters.

As with most things in life, not everyone sees eye to eye, and occasionally participants have felt that the Guidelines are too stringent or the moderators unfair in their enforcement of them. Some of these individuals have chosen to outright violate the Guidelines and suffer the consequences; others have opted to push the limits time and again until the cumulative effect is to be banned. The investment in time, effort and, yes, emotions by our moderators in dealing with these individuals has cost us untold productivity and revenues.

In some cases when members have repeatedly challenged our decisions, we have encouraged them to find other Websites where they can post their views or to start their own Websites. After all, we have nothing against free speech; we simply choose not to host material that we find distasteful or that reflects badly on Shooting Sportsman, its readers and/or its advertisers. Well, some of the individuals who have been banned from our site recently did start their own. It was called “SSMBBS SUCKS,” and as you might imagine, it was not flattering to our magazine, some of our staff and some of the current participants on this Board. Now, we can take criticisms as well as the next guy, but if you had visited the site (and I use the past tense, as it seems to have disappeared), you’d have seen that the postings crossed way over the line. The insults, foul language, impersonation, bigotry, racism and cruel attempts at humor were nothing but mean-spirited, indecent and downright shameful. The site was everything that we have not wanted ours to become, and it was a perfect example of what our site, if left un-moderated, likely would degrade into. It confirmed that we have made the right decision in enforcing our Netiquette Guidelines and trying to uphold standards.

In these trying times, I understand that it is occasionally difficult to remain levelheaded and not get carried away by emotion. Logic and reason seem absent from a lot of what’s going on in the world. But on this Board we feel safe erring on the side of some basic values. We simply ask every participant to think before he/she posts and to act responsibly in what is essentially a public place.

As mentioned, our mission with this Board is to provide a forum for the respectful exchange of ideas and information. We will continue to do this and make every effort to maintain a high level of decorum and civil communication. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us achieve this goal.

Ralph Stuart
Editor in Chief
Shooting Sportsman
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 03:06 PM
Thanks for posting this, pj. Well said, Mr. Stuart!
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 03:10 PM
Still the same old Jack...
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 04:08 PM
Didn't Jack get banned from the Shooting Sportsman Bulletin board a couple of years ago?
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 04:27 PM
No, Erik - I got tired of the petty personal jabbing years ago, posted a polite "thanks, but I'm outta here," and left SSBB voluntarily. I did the same more recently with another wingshooting EBB, for the same reason.

But many years ago I did get booted from the old and troubled Coffee Shop after someone hacked in and made obscene posts under my name. It turned out to be a favor, though, as the site hacking continued and Coffee Shop went belly up soon after - kinda like being booted into a lifeboat just before Titanic hit the iceberg.
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 04:57 PM
THAT'S right. The alloutdoors bulletin board. So many boards, so little time.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 05:12 PM
I have given very little attention to the P&P section since I discovered years ago that not all outdoor and gun guys share my political views. I'm still amazed by that discovery!! And I still give very little attention to the P&P section.
Posted By: Fireform Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Geoff Roznak

Running out of places to spread your bile these days, Geoff?

We saw the sort of freewheeling intellectual exchange you guys have been clamoring for all this time on SSM.

Pathetic.

Good luck with those anger management issues, buddy.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 08:05 PM
"...insults, foul language, impersonation, bigotry, racism and cruel humor"

Ahhhhhh, my kind of bar. Another cold one for me and a round for my friends.
Posted By: Hansli Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 08:51 PM
I prefer the real Yeti to the anti-Yeti. I mean that.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 09:11 PM
I'll get that SOB back on the chain. Thanks Hans.
Posted By: improved modified Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 09:48 PM
Yeti and Jack have to be two of the most congenial people I have met on this board. I find no fault in them . As for lost revenue and productivity of SSM. It can't be a very big publication, I don't think corporate H.Q. is in Mid-Town Manhattan. Isn't it run out of Ralph's basement?
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/20/07 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Fireform
Originally Posted By: Geoff Roznak

Running out of places to spread your bile these days, Geoff?

We saw the sort of freewheeling intellectual exchange you guys have been clamoring for all this time on SSM.

Pathetic.

Good luck with those anger management issues, buddy.

Andy, ol' pal? When you've got something useful to say, let me know.

'Til then, invisibility is your best friend, silence is a close second.
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Check this out... - 07/21/07 01:26 AM
C'mon, guys, don't bring it over here, huh?
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/21/07 02:08 AM
F2F, don't worry, I won't.

I can't, however, speak for others.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Check this out... - 07/21/07 12:12 PM
The Ego & Insecurities bbs new arrivals, and us regulars.
It'll take kid gloves with ban and bane as they cross-over into kinder climes.
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 12:22 AM
F2F...see what I mean? Some people can't leave well enough alone.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 01:53 AM
Lowell doesn't mean anything....sounds like he's been in the Missouri mOOn Shine again.
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 02:48 AM
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 05:06 AM
Geoff, smiley faces are so much better than words - don't you think?
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 02:36 PM
Better that some folks' words, without a doubt.
Posted By: John Mann Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 08:19 PM
Ad hominid and personal attacks WERE strangers to this fine board.
I understand that life is not all roses and light. BUT---Most of the members of this board consider it a place of discussion, fellowship and education.
I think that now is the time to stifle the rancor before there is a stain on our gunroom carpet.
Try thinking of your posts' being read by some 14 year old kid that wishes to learn and respect those that can teach and share.
Best,
John
Posted By: Geoff Roznak Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 08:56 PM
I agree John.

You'd think members of long standing would understand the atmosphere of the place well enough to avoid taking cheap shots at returning contributors.
Posted By: Cary Re: Check this out... - 07/22/07 09:06 PM
Friend John'
This is precisly why the only thing I'll post in a political string on this board is an appeal to take it elsewhere. I've been watching Trolls on the other board working to cause an implosion for quite some time now and I sure don't want to see it imported to this board. I have never seen a board bettered by allowing political discourse but I've seen a once wonderful forum ripped to shreds by it. Not an eloquent post, I know, but I sure hope Dave doesn't allow the finest gun board on the net to be destroyed.

Cary
Posted By: Hansli Re: Check this out... - 07/23/07 12:20 AM
Quote:
You'd think members of long standing would understand the atmosphere of the place well enough to avoid taking cheap shots at returning contributors.

Glad you're here. Now let it die. Thanks.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com