doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: djwest Stock repair - 07/16/07 02:12 PM
Can someone recommend who to contact for serious stock repair, preferably is the Northeast. It is a deep burn that will require replacing some wood. The gun is well worth it.
Posted By: crossedchisles Re: Stock repair - 07/16/07 02:49 PM
"Ima Curious"....I am visiting DTs," Museum of Shattered Dreams'. He is working his Majic on a ******* o/u that 2 other Stockmakers told me 'Scrap' No Way that can be repaired.....See the Boss 28 bore on http://www.picturetrail.com Albums.Repairs & Restorations. I'm spending the day here in his Workshop watching 'Just how he puts "Shattered Dreams" back to together. My wife is monitoring my Pacemaker! Dont come and watch this'Craftsman' working on 'Your Prized' Shotgun, If you dont have a Sense of Humor!!!!Dt said 'The Burn' could be a serious situation, Where is it? Side, Topside, Underside? What type of Gun, Sidelock, A&D? Did 'IT" go into the fire? or was the fire "On IT"?. I'm writing this as "HE" is (OH LORDY DT has now put 'My Beautiful Shotgun into his'Torture Machine' and is showing me just how strong his 'Fillit Repair" through the hand of the stock is!!!!)Have just taken "Meds"......Thanks DT, JM@ cc.
Posted By: battle Re: Stock repair - 07/16/07 03:58 PM
What the @&#$ ??????
Posted By: David Furman Re: Stock repair - 07/16/07 04:14 PM
It's never good for your heart to see the size of the hammer your mechanic wields on your car--sounds very traumatic!! In this case you are lucky knowing that no matter the size of the hammer it is wielded with deft blows...
Posted By: gunut Re: Stock repair - 07/16/07 05:46 PM
STOCKS REPAIRED

$60.00 per hr.
$75.00 per hr. with written estimate
$100.00 per hr. if you help..........
Posted By: Ortolan Re: Stock repair - 07/17/07 07:06 PM
DT/CC's cellulose fiber repair lab is the ne plus ultra of restorative lumber surgery. His motto ("We Are Not Afraid!") says it all. But definitely call ahead for an appointment - the trance-like concentration required for filleting shattered limbs oftimes precludes his answering the door - sometimes for days! KBM
Posted By: Salopian Re: Stock repair - 07/18/07 06:10 AM
Ortolan,
Or is it the Guinness?
Posted By: Bill Janssen Re: Stock repair - 07/18/07 02:51 PM
DJ:

Awhile back someone on the Fox site (I think) recommended these folks:

http://www.stockfixrs.com

They're not from your part of the country but it looks like they do the kind of work you're needing done.

Bill
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Stock repair - 07/18/07 05:17 PM
Bob Fulton, mentioned above, is a personal friend of mine and does fine work. I'd inquire how long the wait would be, though, before deciding.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Stock repair - 07/19/07 01:06 AM
Here's the link to the PictureTrail with lots of CC's 'cures' from the 'Trevallion London Infirmary for Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery-Maine"
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery.fcgi?p=999&gid=15127852
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Stock repair - 07/20/07 02:30 AM
i think Mr T gargles with Newcastle Brown,amongst others.
franc
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com