doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Doug Mann I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/01/20 01:44 PM
I purchased this gun about 5 years ago on a whim and forgot I had it shocked. It is in excellent shape with crisp engraving, no remaining colors, perfect 32" barrels etc. It does have a non-original forearm which is part of my problem, the extractor mechanism is missing that pushes the extractor. If anyone has these parts to make this forend functional I would be very grateful and would certainly pay a fair price for them. BTW, the gun is a TANK, I don't have access to my scale but this gun weighs at least 8 pounds. The serial number on this gun is 16368 if that helps.

Posted By: skeettx Re: I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/01/20 01:55 PM

Great closet find smile

Three pages of parts listed

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/lefever/dbl-bbl-hammerless-lef

What are you needing?

Mike
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/01/20 02:34 PM
Sorry Mike I should have shown a picture of the missing part(s)

Posted By: GSPWillie Re: I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/01/20 02:51 PM
Contact Buck Hamlin, He may have the part or should be able to make one for you.
I once found the remains of a dessecated quail in my vest about 3 months after hunting season ended frown Thought a mouse had died in the closet.

Very nice 3 Iron "Oxford" Doug. Do you think they were factory "black & white" or browned?
BTW: $120 in 1910 would be about $3,250 today

I had a girlfriend who had an H Grade and a Walther .380 in her closet.

The H had Damascus tubes, and a guy at work bought it, knowing, I thought, what it was. The last time I saw the gun, it had been to Keith Kearcher, who had a better buttstock for the gun, that the guy at work put a Morgan trap pad on.

I was a little sick.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/02/20 01:54 PM
Doc Drew, I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer to your question of brown & white vs black & white. I don't see any black & white underneath the forearm if that helps. If the barrels have been redone it was, IMO, a very nice job!
Thank you Doug. I took the liberty of enhancing a section of your image and it is 3 Iron "Horseshoe" - note the "arms" connecting the scrolls.
What in the world happened to the barrel lug? frown

F grade with 3 Iron "Oxford" with nice black and white stars

Posted By: Doug Mann Re: I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/02/20 06:08 PM
Doc, The forend lug looks ugly but it works just fine. I'm lucky in that I have a very good friend (yes, I have one) who is very skilled with his laser welder if it needs to be attended to I will.

Doug
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: I found a Lefever E grade in my closet - 05/02/20 07:03 PM
Funny Doug!!!
I was just cleaning out some drawers the other day and found a Sig P228 I had forgotten about. smile
Beautiful barrels.
Bill
Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
I once found the remains of a dessecated quail in my vest about 3 months after hunting season ended frown Thought a mouse had died in the closet.

funny, once, long ago, I got home from a hunt with a friend, took the 3 woodcock I had shot out of my vest and hung it in the pantry. mid week a smell began to show up. as with you I thought it was a dead mouse, being an old farmhouse. The next Friday i took the vest down to get ready for the next morning's hunt and found a woodcock in it. turns out, since my friend had only shot one so he had slipped it into my vest as a surprise. it certainly was.

on the other hand, I have not forgotten there is a Lefever in my closet
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com