doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DLH Gunsmith to Review a Lot Rock Island Auction - 08/19/19 04:34 PM
Gentlemen:

Does anyone know a qualified gunsmith in the Rock Island, Illinois area who would inspect a gun for me in the upcoming Rock Island Auction?

Thanks in advance for the help.
If you call them,you can set up a time and inspect the fire arm your self ,
I have done this my self. Hope this helps
Tommy
Posted By: DLH Re: Gunsmith to Review a Lot Rock Island Auction - 08/19/19 06:16 PM
Yes sir, I'd do that but I'm in Texas so not too practical for me.
Rifle, shotgun or other? If rifle post here on the single barrel rifle section. Shotgun would most likely be a different recommendation.
Posted By: DLH Re: Gunsmith to Review a Lot Rock Island Auction - 08/19/19 07:54 PM
Its a rifle- I apologize for not posting correctly. I thought it was a pretty general question.
It is a general question but in my experience gunsmith like gunstore owners have areas of expertise and areas they lack it in to be nice. I’ve seen dealers selling a unfamiliar double for half it’s real value or asking many times it’s real value. Same goes for gunsmiths.
I'm not a gunsmith, but there is a small chance I'll be going there this week. I'd be happy to look at it and tell you what I think.
Posted By: DLH Re: Gunsmith to Review a Lot Rock Island Auction - 08/20/19 06:04 PM
BrentD:

That's a kind offer and I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I need for you to check the rifle out for me. Many thanks...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com