doublegunshop.com - home
https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Milita...mation/47092965

wonder what it will bring....but it wouldn't be legal for bird hunting in most states.

never seen one in person....i do have a triple barrel 12 and admit to a fascination with things like these
A 9 lb. 5 oz. 28 gauge? Fascinating gun for sure. I noticed room for 4 snap caps in the case.
Karl
Just plug one barrel and your good to go😂
just because you can doesn't mean you should....
I think of a 28 gauge as a light, Fast Pointing gun for small birds inside 30 yds, such as Quail, Woodcock & Grouse.
A 9 lb 5 oz gun I think of as a heavy gun for a smooth swing on long range pass shooting such as waterfowl.

Personally, I would find a 9 lb 5 oz 28 gauge, as we say in the south, about as useful as "Tits on a Boar Hog.
true , even a 12 ga this heavy would be too much for me

as i recall in one of haddocks books he is holding a 4 barrel 12..... have to find that book and read the description

there was an italian 4 barrel 20, in gundigest once, a hammerless.... but don’t recall them mentioning the weight
"weird and wonderful" sums it up. At $15,000 plus 26% premium they could of least included the snap caps.
It was Charles Lancaster who made some 4 barrel guns. Some all shotgun and some shotgun/rifle combinations. They are rare and collectable although rather impractical. He did 4 barrel Howdah pistols also.

Any 28 bore weighing more than 5lb. sort of defeats the object having a 28 bore in the first place. Lagopus…..
Mine is 4lbs, 15oz....It is easy to forget you are holding it.
looks like a tribute to the worst of both worlds.
Just in case this was missed, E.M. Reilly, (no SN) Circa 1859 muzzle loader:

A new and unused example hammered for 20K at Morphy's today. Estimate was 30-50.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com