doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 1574trap 8 gauge double - 02/19/19 03:32 PM
8 gauge double barrel shotguns were sold in the usa in the early 1960's made by an Italian gun maker. these guns were sold thru retail outlets like navy arms. these guns were made of modern steels, weighed over 15 lb., and had barrels appox 39" long. does any foreign maker make affordable priced 8 gauge single or double barrel shotguns of modern steels that could be imported to the usa? the key words here are affordable priced and modern steels.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: 8 gauge double - 02/19/19 03:44 PM
To what end? Ten is the largest bore allowed in most states for any hunting.
Posted By: big al1 Re: 8 gauge double - 02/19/19 08:49 PM
How many of these 8ga. Doubles were imported in by Navy Arms back in the 60s?Where are all them now?I have been trying to buy for the last 20 years.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: 8 gauge double - 02/19/19 09:29 PM
Armitalia was making 8’s a few years ago. Much later than the 69’s Not many but a few. You see them pop up of the British market from time to time. You can use them there for game. They sell fast but not for outrageous money. I think it’s just a few who always want one and buy them when they come up. Get them and find few chances to shoot them. So later when some other big comes up it’s off to the market the 8 goes.

Who know a couple Brits who post here might have a line on one.
Posted By: 12brd Re: 8 gauge double - 02/19/19 10:00 PM
I still have 2 boxes of Winchester 8 gauge high velocity #4 lead shot that I would like to find a home for. These are industrial shells, so they would have to be disassembled then reloaded. Buy hey, all the components are there. $75 per box. Gotta be somebody that could use em. Pm me.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com