doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: AZMike Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 01:36 PM
I was wondering if there is a listing of SxS competitions.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:04 PM
I’ve never seen a nationwide monthly calendar of vintage or side-by-side shoots.

They are definitely more common and more popular in some regions than in others. And they vary in intensity, from total fluff, bring out your old toys and have a barbecue sandwich, all the way to intense competition with full race modern side-by-side shotguns.

It just depends on what part of the country you live in, what kind of shoot you like, and how willing you are to travel.

Because the organizers share registration lists, once you give out your e-mail address, the number of invites soars. I attend them as I can, starting in the spring, and ending in the early fall.

But I’ve shot with guys that are from FL, and their efforts are oppositely spent. More a fall winter thing.
Posted By: mark Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:08 PM
Spring Southern Sanford NC last weekend in April

NorrthEast Friendsville PA 1st Thursday in June

Great Northern Medford,WI June 12th-15th
https://mrcsportsmansclub.com/great-northern-side-by-side-classic/

Duluth Double gun July

Tunnel of trees northern,MI August

Vintage Cup Friendsville PA September
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:23 PM
Anybody know if Hillsdale College will be having a SxS Shoot this summer?

Missed last years. Could not find anything on their web site. But then I ain't the best at puter navigation.
Posted By: mark Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:27 PM
Also their are several 1 day shoots that are a lot of fun!
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:29 PM
Not a lot of interest here in the desert, but these folks have been trying
https://www.copperstatedoublegun.com/

Shoots in California
http://www.casxs.com/events/index.php
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:31 PM
Northern S/S Aug 1-4, 19
Rock Mountain Sporting Clays, Meshoppen, PA
Posted By: claycrusher1900 Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 02:58 PM
Gentleman's Cup April 20th in Freelamd MI (by Saginaw).
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 03:24 PM
Just a reminder to anyone that might read this who is thinking about organizing a side-by-side shoot.

It is the hospitality business. Subset of the entertainment industry.

Be well organized, and be good to your guests,

Or they don’t come back.

All some clubs see is the revenue that 70 shooters bring on a Saturday, and they overlook all that.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/19/19 10:04 PM
The Fall Southern S x S near Georgetown, SC, in October each year. A smaller version of the Spring Southern, with a little less emphasis on vendors and a bit more of it on shooting.

Many big NSCA sporting clays shoots have S x S events, and other large sporting shoots that are not NSCA sanctioned but are put on by the NWTF, etc. also have S x S events.

Old Hudson Plantation, near Sparta, GA has a S x S only shoot one Saturday each spring.

SRH
Posted By: AZMike Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/20/19 01:05 PM
I will go to PA and shoot! I have always told Kathleen that we would go there sometime as I was TDY 82nd ABN training ROTC's in the summer of 71 at Indiantown Gap-- Discovered Yuenling Beer!
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Vintage Shoots - 02/20/19 02:22 PM
Great!

You’ll have a fantastic time. You’ll meet some great people. I see all kinds of beautiful shot guns. And probably shoot some clays in an environment you’ve never seen before.

It’s all good, just keep at it and try to wring as much fun out of your hobby as you can.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com