doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/10/18 11:35 PM
Perusing the internet, I stumbled upon this interesting hammer gun. Not a lot of details and no pictures of the flats or proofs. The barrels are browned, but appear to be fluid steel (though the browned finish could be obscuring the damascus pattern I suppose). Wood appears to be refinished, but the metal looks fairly original. Has anyone bought through Wards?

https://www.wardscollectibles.com/viewitem.php?item=4068
Posted By: OH Osthaus Re: Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/11/18 01:13 AM
yes, although not for a gun as of yet,

and i have found them professional to deal with
Good to know...thank you sir
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/11/18 02:54 AM
I'm not sold it is of Austrian origin. Maybe Jani can put us on the straight & narrow. Any chance of obtaining additional images of any marks?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/11/18 03:20 AM
Very high quality early gun. I’m betting the barrels are damascus. Gun appears little used.
Raimey, I have no idea if Wards will do that or not. I know a lot of these auction houses don't seem to want to put in extra effort to provide you with additional pictures when requested...
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/11/18 12:22 PM
Hum, I guess all one could do would be to ask. Now it might be Bohemian and that would put it under the Austro-Hungarian umbrella and that may be the region to which they are pointing.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/11/18 12:27 PM
All right, finally found their email address & sent an inquiry. I see they are @ the Tulsa show. I wonder if any member here is there & could give it a once over? The Tulsa show is this weekend isn't it???

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Interesting Top Lever Hammer Gun - 11/12/18 08:06 PM
Eric sent me a few images & said that he doesn't see any marks but I don't think he removed the forend.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com