doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: KRF Pictues - 10/28/18 09:18 PM
Help,

I don't have a website. How do I add pictures to a post or a reply? Is an HTML address required?

Bob
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Pictues - 10/28/18 09:40 PM
yes
3rd party linkages only
Posted By: skeettx Re: Pictues - 10/28/18 10:18 PM
www.tinypic.com
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Pictues - 10/29/18 01:15 PM
Register at Imgur...its free and you can make your pictures private or public.
Posted By: damascus Re: Pictues - 10/29/18 08:26 PM
I do use image hosting sites at the moment it is Imgur. Though I feel that just to put a image with a post it is rather a time wasting exercise. I must admit that I do like to pass on knowledge with how to do it posts, But somehow it all starts to become rather a chore. Well you have to take the photographs download them to your computer then upload the photographs to your image hosting site then download the photographs to your posting. It all takes time not to mention the writing of your post, it is a different world when it comes to social media like Facebook to name just one your photographs can be uploaded directly from your computer. I am only saying this because I have completed my final how to do it post a sort of a Swann song you could say, about how to go about re-fitting the inside of a traditional wood and leather guncase to suit another gun. I completed the work some time ago and the photographs are on the memory card, at the moment I feel I could not be bothered going to the trouble of doing the post with photographs because of the long winded hoop jumping it requires. this feeling is only a temporary glitch and I will do it when the "black dog" disappears and follows some other person.

Damascus
Posted By: KRF Re: Pictues - 10/29/18 08:55 PM
skeettx

I took your advice and uploaded my gun pictures to tinypic-no problem. I then tried to move the pictures from my tinypic file to my post and can't figure how. I hit the edit key on my post,then hit the add pictures key. A screen came up asking for a web address{http}. I then input the file name established with tinypic.com. A long file name appeared on my post but no picture. can you help?
Posted By: skeettx Re: Pictues - 10/29/18 10:30 PM
Call one of your pictures up

The go to the left of the picture in "Grab your Codes)

Click on the yellow sting below
IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards

Copy it and paste it here

DONE

Mike
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Pictues - 10/30/18 12:30 AM
It is a rather PITA to have to use a hosting site, most forums these days realize that memory has gotten so cheap that they host their own photos. This also insures they will never become "lost" or "hijacked" like the Photobucket fiasco.

uote=damascus]I do use image hosting sites at the moment it is Imgur. Though I feel that just to put a image with a post it is rather a time wasting exercise. I must admit that I do like to pass on knowledge with how to do it posts, But somehow it all starts to become rather a chore. Well you have to take the photographs download them to your computer then upload the photographs to your image hosting site then download the photographs to your posting. It all takes time not to mention the writing of your post, it is a different world when it comes to social media like Facebook to name just one your photographs can be uploaded directly from your computer. I am only saying this because I have completed my final how to do it post a sort of a Swann song you could say, about how to go about re-fitting the inside of a traditional wood and leather guncase to suit another gun. I completed the work some time ago and the photographs are on the memory card, at the moment I feel I could not be bothered going to the trouble of doing the post with photographs because of the long winded hoop jumping it requires. this feeling is only a temporary glitch and I will do it when the "black dog" disappears and follows some other person.

Damascus [/quote]
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Pictues - 10/30/18 01:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
It is a rather PITA to have to use a hosting site, most forums these days realize that memory has gotten so cheap that they host their own photos. This also insures they will never become "lost" or "hijacked" like the Photobucket fiasco.

Originally Posted By: damascus
I do use image hosting sites at the moment it is Imgur. Though I feel that just to put a image with a post it is rather a time wasting exercise. I must admit that I do like to pass on knowledge with how to do it posts, But somehow it all starts to become rather a chore. Well you have to take the photographs download them to your computer then upload the photographs to your image hosting site then download the photographs to your posting. It all takes time not to mention the writing of your post, it is a different world when it comes to social media like Facebook to name just one your photographs can be uploaded directly from your computer. I am only saying this because I have completed my final how to do it post a sort of a Swann song you could say, about how to go about re-fitting the inside of a traditional wood and leather guncase to suit another gun. I completed the work some time ago and the photographs are on the memory card, at the moment I feel I could not be bothered going to the trouble of doing the post with photographs because of the long winded hoop jumping it requires. this feeling is only a temporary glitch and I will do it when the "black dog" disappears and follows some other person.

Damascus
Posted By: keith Re: Pictues - 10/30/18 04:19 PM
I tried tinypic.com and imgur, without registering, and found this one to be quite a bit faster and easier:

https://postimages.org/

I just timed myself, and it took less than 15 seconds to open the page to postimages, upload this photo of a D.M. Lefever crossbolt buttplate, and attach it to this reply.
Posted By: Gartenmeister Re: Pictues - 10/30/18 04:28 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
I tried tinypic.com and imgur, without registering, and found this one to be quite a bit faster and easier:

https://postimages.org/

Hmm, that does seem to work pretty well.

Posted By: KRF Re: Pictues - 10/30/18 06:06 PM
Thanks everybody! I hope I can figure this out!

Bob
Posted By: Hal Re: Pictues - 10/31/18 01:57 PM
Been posting directly from my computer to a forum for 14 years with no problems. Only restriction is max size 250kb and four per post. Wish all boards were like that.
Posted By: Hal Re: Pictues - 10/31/18 02:19 PM

tried it...hope it shows up. In grouse cabin on the 10th.
Posted By: Hal Re: Pictues - 10/31/18 02:29 PM
trying again
Posted By: Hal Re: Pictues - 10/31/18 02:31 PM
It worked. Thanks!
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Pictues - 10/31/18 02:43 PM
I used postimages.org for several months after the photobucket extortion shake-down. The problem is, postimages started deleting the photos after a few months. I switched to jpgbox.com. It works well also.
Posted By: KRF Re: Pictues - 11/02/18 02:35 AM
Halk

Cabin must be near my old stomping ground-Wisconsin

Bob
Posted By: Hal Re: Pictues - 11/04/18 03:36 PM
Nope up in the Interlake MB.
Posted By: AaronN Re: Pictues - 11/04/18 08:25 PM
I use SmugMug. Since it is a pay site ($50/year) you do not have to worry about ads or them just deleting your pictures, etc etc. It's also unlimited storage.

Also they have a very nice interface for easily sharing various sizes of your photos and organizing them. They even have preformatted BBCode for copying and pasting right into here.

Here is a coupon for 20% off first year too:

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=YrQPGPIg1FriU
Posted By: Hal Re: Pictues - 11/06/18 02:10 PM
One of my forums allows four images of 220kb or less to be directly entered on each post, with no limit on number of posts. Seems adequate for details. Wish we could do that here.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com