doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Graham 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 01:56 PM
Seeking help in identifying this 16ga double, which looks to be German. It seems to have a horn trigger guard, grip cap, and basket weave buttplate. The guard as chips in the left side, and the buttplate is cracked at the toe.

Thanks for your help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10_aU3nobA08JYE6HmGTxPgD7qvhi68Qh
Posted By: ellenbr Re: 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 02:02 PM
Suhl A&D Body Action platform with lower scears only that wears tubes made by Kelber(or by Klett w/ the jagged encircled K). It passed thru the Suhl proof facility between 1912 & 1923 & I would hazard a guess during or just after WWI.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 02:07 PM
Thanks Raimey. What does "lower sears only" mean?

Does the rib text indicate the maker, seller, or a particular region?

The bores are pretty well pitted in some areas, but it wasn't much money, and will make a good school project.
Posted By: Ger Re: 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 03:26 PM
indicate the maker, Richard Fischer

particular region? Gera R. (bis 1920),
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gera
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 03:33 PM
Thank you. I looked up HOFBUCHSENMACHER and came up blank.
Posted By: Ger Re: 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 04:02 PM
HOFBUCHSENMACHER : court gunsmith
Posted By: ellenbr Re: 16ga German ID request - 08/29/18 04:19 PM
Indeed, gunmaker to a court per a yearly fee, which court I'm not sure @ the moment. Just an advertising ploy. Richard Fischer of Zeppelinstrße 16, I believe was born in 1873 & expired in 1913 when Richard Fischer, Jr. took the reins that there may have been another changing of the guard in 1925? There were several Fischers in Zella - Mehlis and I wouldn't doubt they were all related.

This A&D Body Action platform only has the lower scears and not the belts and braces of a variant that includes the upper scears w/ lower intercepting.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com