doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Sam Ogle Question for old gunners: - 08/12/18 05:38 PM
I am looking at an older Remington Model 32 trap gun: Does anyone you know still make release triggers for them; and plus; it has 30" Krieghoff trap barrels; can I put choke tubes in them?

Sam Ogle, Lincoln NE

samogle2001@yahoo.com
Posted By: ed good Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/12/18 08:36 PM
google larry delgrego and son...they may be able to help...
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/12/18 09:25 PM
Pat Laib in Spicer MN, is the model 32 guy.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/12/18 09:40 PM
Whether you can have choke tubes installed depends on the wall thickness at the muzzles. If they're iffy, let Briley do it for their S1 series thinwalls. They did a Perazzi of mine once that was so thin that I was horrified I might bump them on something with the tubes out. Knowing what I know now I would not have done that. I'd have opened them up to MOD top and bottom and shot them at everything.

SRH
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/13/18 02:32 PM
Briley puts thin wall chokes in Kreighoff barrels, even the new Parcours light weight barrels. Philips Gunsmithing, Emory, TX is a maker of release triggers and could handle a 32 no sweat. He is the best trigger/action guy I have found in 50 years of looking.

bill
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/13/18 05:22 PM
M32's are a hole you pour $ into. You'll get a lot of recommendation for people to fix them cuz they need fixing a bunch and often.

People who have aftermarket choke tubes put in perfectly good guns are the tools of Satan. The people that do the work are the Spawn of Satan.

If you don't like the chokes in a gun just get a different gun, fool!
Posted By: 1straightshot Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/21/18 10:41 PM
But, what is your opinion ?
Posted By: tmc Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/25/18 01:52 AM
I believe Mr Laib deals in the 3200, not the 32.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/25/18 03:52 PM
Mr Laib deals in both and is the best there is for the Remington O/U. And no, they're not a hole you pour money into. Wonko, being from Cal people just assume you're crazy, then you open your mouth and prove them correct. You could always spend more money and buy a Kreighoff, but then it's just a Remington.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/26/18 12:34 AM
I have never seen anything in Laib's advertising to indicate that he specializes in Model 32 Remingtons. Of course, he has no website, so what he works on is a bit up in the air.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/26/18 08:47 PM
Laib's web site kind of sucks, but anyone who's into Remington O/U's knows about Laibs. He ended up with all their parts and is considered a authority when it comes to them.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/26/18 10:16 PM
Paul, maybe you could tell us Laib's web address, if he has recently built a website. You also imply that Laib "deals in both". Both what? 32 and 3200? I don't think so. If Laib is a 32 guy, I would like to get him to fix mine.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Question for old gunners: - 08/26/18 10:41 PM
Please call Krieghoff service

https://www.krieghoff.com/
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com