doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: wannagohunting The website to search for People? - 07/09/18 01:03 AM
What was that website to search for news articles etc using someones name?
I'm looking for info on
George 30-06 Derbes
Pottsville PA

His name is inscribed MADE FOR GEORGE 30-06 DERBES
POTTSVILLE PA
On a couple Italian made shotguns.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: The website to search for People? - 07/09/18 01:45 AM
Google is as good a place as any to start.

A Google search for George Derbes Pottsville, PA brings up lots of results.

SRH
Posted By: dhanks Re: The website to search for People? - 07/09/18 03:18 PM
http://anywho.com

Here is what I see for Derbes of PA.

https://www.anywho.com/people/derbes/pa
I'm not really sure, but I can say that Yuengling beer is made in Pottsville, PA and it's a great one!
Posted By: KY Jon Re: The website to search for People? - 07/09/18 10:09 PM
Yuengling is the oldest brewery on the US. Not sure if that’s an endorsement or a proof locals will drink anything. wink
Jon,

If you've ever tasted Iron City beer, then you would know that Pennsylvanians will drink anything...

No disrespect meant to my fellow Pennsylvanians.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: The website to search for People? - 07/10/18 12:11 AM
Being a original PA person I can assure you that Rolling Rock and Yuengling are great beers, Iron City is at the other end of the scale, almost sure that it causes headacks and disentary.
bill
Posted By: gunut Re: The website to search for People? - 07/10/18 09:21 AM
I agree that rolling rock is a very good lite beer....take some heat for that opinion living in the Milwaukee area....
Sadly, Rolling Rock is no longer a PA produced beer, being sold to Anheuser Busch and now being produced in NJ.
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 04:39 AM
Typical for this website, a-holes turning someones post into something else. Real men with class here.
Since I'm the "a-hole with no class" I'll repeat what Stan said and reiterate that Google brings up numerous references in Guns magazine from the mid 1960's that describe Mr. Derbes as an importer and distributor of arms and ammunition in eastern Pennsylvania.

One ad/article stated: "Caliber .22 Tracers
Sometimes it is nice to know where your
bullets hit even when conditions are such
as to make this difficult. We have tested the
imported Gevelot .22- Tracers and find that
they do the job very well without danger
of fire. Matter of fact, we used the test
suggested by George 30-06 Derbes, Dept. G,
Pottsville, Pa. George suggests that you fill
a cardboard box with excelsior and fire a
few rounds into it. Fire danger: Nil. If your
local gunshop does not carry it, write to
George and he will forward your order to
the nearest dealer. Ammo, by the way, is
standard .22 Long Rifle fodder and will
chamber in all guns designed for .22LR."

If you were trying to determine if he was the owner of said Italian guns, I would wager that was probably not the case. More than likely that was the scroll he placed on the guns he imported. However, that is just a guess based on the fact that he was a distributor and that he put his location after his name like most/all import stamps.

My apologies for derailing your post.
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 05:49 PM
Thank you very much for the on topic information.
Apology accepted.
Dale
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 05:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan
Google is as good a place as any to start.

A Google search for George Derbes Pottsville, PA brings up lots of results.

SRH

Thank you,
Dale
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 05:52 PM
Originally Posted By: dhanks

Thank you,
Dale
Posted By: keith Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 07:34 PM
fallschirmjager, permit me to introduce you to wannagowhining:

Originally Posted By: wannagohunting
Typical for this website, a-holes turning someones post into something else. Real men with class here.

This is what you get for your harmless comment that resulted in keeping his self-serving Thread... which contributed exactly nothing to our knowledge of double guns... at the top of the page for several days. Since he so frequently whines and cries about this website, one wonders why he couldn't stay away when he did his own tear-jerker farewell thread a while back???
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 09:09 PM
F you kieth!
Posted By: keith Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 09:30 PM
F you kieth!

And that damned useless IGNORE function still isn't working either!

It's enough to make grown men cry. And it does.
Posted By: canvasback Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 10:05 PM
Yeah......I'm with Keith on this one. Fallschirmjager, you had nothing to apologize for. There has been only one A-hole on this thread.

Several helpful comments before anyone said anything about beer and it's
Quote:

Yup, only one A-hole here.
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 11:02 PM
Welcome to the DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com. Feel free to use these forums to discuss your doubleguns, double rifles, drillings, combination-guns and related material. The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!

Well here's the unenforced rules of the website.
I guess I am an A-hole then.
REALLY! wtf DOES BEER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO FIND OUT SOME PROVENANCE ON A DOUBLEGUN????
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 11:17 PM
DOES BEER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO FIND OUT SOME PROVENANCE ON A DOUBLEGUN????

if you allow it to..............it's entirely up to you. As for me, No. Don't have much use for it.

SRH
Posted By: skeettx Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 11:21 PM
Page 38, right hand side
Has address and phone number smile

https://books.google.com/books?id=YPgDAA...0PA&f=false

Page 50, right hand column
Page 62 left hand advertisement
http://gunsmagazine.com/1963issues/G0963.pdf
Posted By: keith Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 11:36 PM
Just think Wannagowhining... if fallschirmjager hadn't been such an "A-hole", your self-serving thread which does nothing for anyone except you would have faded into obscurity. Because of him and others bringing it to the top, someone might actually see it and tell you about George 30-06 Derbes from Pottsville PA.

But you probably won't see the answer because of the tears in your eyes. Beer, (and whiskey) has been mentioned here more than a few times in the past. I can't once recall anyone being such a crybaby about it.

Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/11/18 11:57 PM
Why thanks for the advice keet I bet your mother would be real proud of your actions.
Posted By: keith Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 12:10 AM
Gee wannagowhining, that's a good question.

I suppose it is possible that she would have rather raised a whining crybaby like you. Me... I'm still trying to figure out how people who say they are IGNORING me keep responding to me. That, and why guys like you post tear-jerking "Farewell" threads, and then they come back. That's both pathetic and weird.
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 01:20 AM
Yep keet you are a real man. You know how to call lot's of people all kinds of names and make all kinds of belittling derogatory comments And you never stop A REALLY BIG MANLY GUY YOU ARE.
I bet you've got so much testosterone your man bun sticks uncontrollably straight up!
Posted By: keith Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 01:43 AM
Yep keet you are a real man. You know how to call lot's of people all kinds of names and make all kinds of belittling derogatory comments

Here's an I.Q. test for you. Who was it that started with the name-calling in this Thread by referring to several guys as "A-holes" ????

Please stop IGNORING me Wannagowhining. I can't take it anymore.
Posted By: dhanks Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 02:51 AM
Stay here long enough and you'll bump into one of the 5 assholes on the board. My advice is just click ignore on them.
Posted By: wannagohunting Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 03:34 AM
Stay here long enough and you'll bump into one of the 5 assholes on the board. My advice is just click ignore on them.

Well as long as the Webmaster hasn't got the cajones to enforce his own rules we are stuck in no man's land. I for one would donate money to this site if it were run with some enforcement of the rules and such disrespect not tolerated. Maybe enough others will stop donating money and the site will go bust I don't know.
Posted By: keith Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 08:27 AM
Are you still crying Wannagowhining?

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 12:15 PM

Well as long as the Webmaster hasn't got the cajones to enforce his own rules we are stuck in no man's land. I for one would donate money to this site if it were run with some enforcement of the rules and such disrespect not tolerated. Maybe enough others will stop donating money and the site will go bust I don't know.

I agree with you and my money will stay in my pocket until he discovers where he misplaced those cajones.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 01:02 PM
Well, I disagree. This is the best place on the web to exchange doublegun information. I use it regularly, as most know. I don't like feeling like I'm a "user", expecting/getting something for nothing. And, I also don't care for holding someone "hostage", in the sense that "If everything isn't done my way I won't pay for the services I use".

Life ain't perfect. Websites are comprised of people who ain't perfect, including us. Dave has enough sense to understand that, and that he could never please everybody.

Best way to vote your displeasure in the way things are run here is to just stay away, IMO. And this post is not directed at any particular person.

SRH
Posted By: King Brown Re: The website to search for People? - 07/12/18 01:46 PM
+1
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com