doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Le Chameau Boots - 05/31/18 10:36 AM
I know every one favors the Chasseur by Le Chameau, but does anyone have any experience with the "lower grade" versions made by them? For example the Vierzon or Country?
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Le Chameau Boots - 05/31/18 10:58 AM
I have the Vierzon and they are fine.
Posted By: GLS Re: Le Chameau Boots - 05/31/18 02:19 PM
Caleb, neither have the full length gusseted zipper which makes them a non-starter for me. I need the zipper because of a high instep. Gil
Posted By: billwolfe Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/01/18 06:33 PM
I bought the leather-lined Chasseur boots after reading Colin Trotwood's recommendation in his book on old-world woodcock shooting. I wore them all last season and found them very comfortable and serviceable, though I did not encounter any really cold conditions. Gil, the Chasseur boots do have a full-length gusseted zipper--I agree it make a world of difference! Last year the prices were lower and more variable than they seem to be now. After watching prices for a few weeks, I found a pair for $183. Whether I get 10 years of service from them remains to be seen, but based on just one season, I have a favorable impression.

Bill
Posted By: canvasback Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/01/18 08:35 PM
Bill, tell me where you got them for under $200. BTW, did you get my email??
Posted By: billwolfe Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/01/18 09:17 PM
James,

I got them on Amazon in 2016. Can't find them anywhere near that price now, but it's worth checking from time to time.

I was on the road a bunch last month and am way behind with email, but I just found your email. Thanks! Will certainly follow up on it!

BW
Posted By: GLS Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/02/18 12:15 AM
I bought my Chasseurs three seasons ago from Orvis. At the time, Orvis offered free shipping and 20% off for opening up an Orvis credit card. They were my one and only purchase with that card.
Gil
Posted By: bsteele Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 01:42 AM
Check out Westley Richards. I bought a pair a couple weeks ago for ~$200. They had them on clearance
Posted By: Eis Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 10:18 AM
Originally Posted By: bsteele
Check out Westley Richards. I bought a pair a couple weeks ago for ~$200. They had them on clearance

I looked on their website and didn't see any Le Chameau boots let alone on clearance, which website were you using?
I looked on W&R site and there was nothing, where do I look?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 11:58 AM
They might have bought the cheaper Le Chameau Boots for $200...
Posted By: bsteele Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 02:50 PM
Go to the drop down menu, select men’s, then footwear, then scroll down. They have 6-8 styles. The ones I bought were St Hubert model that were regularly approx $400. I paid around $200. If you sign up for their email updates you will get a “clearance” notice every so often. I’ve gotten some really great deals.

WR is out of the ones I bought, but has 2 styles for $200 and under. Shipping is $20 and I get mine in Indiana in 2-3 days.

I unchecked ignore on jOe just to see what kind of trash he was talking and was reminded of why I ignored him years ago. Thanks for the input on my transaction with WR that you have no knowledge of.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 04:13 PM
My gift of the day...Ebay France

I've seen them there for less than $200

But, what you'll find with rubber boots, is great variance between brands in fit. So, try on many, choose that which fits best for your feet. Then, buy 2 pair.

You might find the Seeland LL or the Hunter LL or the ....LL a better fit for you.

I find the LeChemeau too soft for my use.

For dog training and walking my yard, I buy 10.00 chore boots at TSC, and cut the shafts off at 8". Keep your feet dry, easy on, off, hoseable, great for getting the paper, putting out trash etc. No soggy socks from the dew. Leave them by the back door.

I almost never walk through any water greater than 8" in the field.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 09:35 PM
Put me back on ignore yOu dummy.

The St Hubert model is not the Chasseur...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/03/18 10:19 PM
Ive got two pair of leather lined Chasseurs...a new back up pair and the pair i wear thats 10+ years old and still going.

The thing about the leather lined Chasseur is your feet don't feel hot and clamey like they do with the man made synthetic linings.

Side zipper makes for easy on and off. Best money I ever spent on pair of hunting boots.

I use a pair of the green Superfeet inserts in mine makes fit a little better for me giving me more ankle support.
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/24/18 04:00 PM
Well, I discovered my La Crosse 18" rubbers have a crack in them this weekend. I decided to purchase the Le Chameau Traqueur boots. What caught my attention to this model (aside from the good price) was this:

"Ultra-durable field and extreme terrain rubber boot. Natural rubber upper with Kevlar® reinforcement technology to protect against abrasion from groundcover."

Seems like just the thing for someone who is hard on their boots like me. They also have a half zip located at the calf of the boot. At the price of $157 shipped from the UK, it seemed like a good deal. Time will tell...
Posted By: Eis Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/24/18 08:42 PM
From where, what's the link?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/24/18 08:50 PM
Please report back. That new lining sounds interesting.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/24/18 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

For dog training and walking my yard, I buy 10.00 chore boots at TSC, and cut the shafts off at 8". Keep your feet dry, easy on, off, hoseable, great for getting the paper, putting out trash etc. No soggy socks from the dew. Leave them by the back door.

I almost never walk through any water greater than 8" in the field.

I do the same thing. I cut a 2" vertical slit on back of each to help my feet slide in. I wear them every day.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/24/18 11:16 PM
Great minds thing alike. smile
I wear mine on and off 10 times a day in the AM.

Eis, If you check out Sportsmansguncentre.UK.com, they will have the Seeland LL's (as well as others) for less than $200 delivered to you.

I can't stress enough trying various rubber boots on. They are all a little different. I like that Hunter provides a thick, and a thin, foot bed with each pair for better fitting.
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/25/18 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Eis
From where, what's the link?

Eis,

Here is the link. They also have free shipping and 10% off with the code located in the pink bar at the top. Total should be around $157.

https://www.countryattire.com/le-chameau-men-s-traqueur-wellington-boots-green-chameau-bcb2021.html
Posted By: Eis Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/25/18 12:46 PM
Thanks for the link
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Le Chameau Boots - 06/25/18 12:49 PM
you bet
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com