doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 02:51 PM
OK, that's a lie. Events here are so totally predictable that copy/paste is likely the main means of commenting. EVERY topic descends into the same diatribe by the same person(s).

Does anyone else find that boring?

Mr. Weber? Don't you find that boring? Would my last topic that was deleted have been spared if I had attacked the mythical Left with some devoid of reason and originality rant regardless of the topic? BTW, giving the remaining few actual conservatives the rep they deserve for allowing the "Fantasyland Right", cannibal aliens from outer space, breathing room.

have another day

Is the sky blue because it's not a Re-tard?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 03:11 PM
I was hoping this was going to be about Toronto evening up the series with Boston. What a gyp.

Posted By: keith Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 03:18 PM
Chances galore weren't enough for the Boston Bruins, who will need a third attempt to finish off the Toronto Maple Leafs after Monday's 3-1 loss.

The Bruins outshot the Leafs, 32-30, and had a distinct advantage in zone time throughout the game. But the end result is a series tied at 3-3, with Game 7 on Wednesday night at TD Garden.

It was the first game of the series in which the team that scored first did not go on to win the game. Toronto goalie Frederick Andersen was nothing short of dynamite after his lone gaffe in the second period, undoubtedly the best player on the ice for the Leafs.

The Bruins outshot the Maple Leafs in the first period, 16-10, a frame in which Patrice Bergeron went a perfect 8-for-8 on faceoffs. But all of that extra possession yielded nothing in the opening 20.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 03:35 PM
I didn't catch last night's game but the previous one was a shit show. I don't think I have ever watched more undisciplined hockey, save my son's team when he was 8. And I'm not talking just about the Leafs.

Glad it's been stretched out to 7. Wish the same had happened for the battle of PA. Want all these eastern teams banged up and exhausted by the time the finals show up.

The best series in the whole shooting match is about to start. Nashville vs Winnipeg. Right there we have the two teams vying for the Cup.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 04:23 PM
NBC is praying it’s Nashville. I like Winnipeg and Toronto but it’s a lot of fun needling Canada about not winning The Cup in 25 years and counting. The Vegas storyline is still the best. A first year expansion team in Nevada winning the Stanley Cup. Mama Mia!

Posted By: craigd Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
....Mr. W....? Don't you find that boring? Would my last topic that was deleted have been spared if....

Hey doc, what's the point? By chance, I saw the last comment in your topic. Did you?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 05:51 PM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
NBC is praying it’s Nashville. I like Winnipeg and Toronto but it’s a lot of fun needling Canada about not winning The Cup in 25 years and counting. The Vegas storyline is still the best. A first year expansion team in Nevada winning the Stanley Cup. Mama Mia!

I'm sure NBC is praying for Nashville vs Vegas. A little Country Royalty up against the best Cinderella story in pro sports history.

That would be the San Jose Sharks on October 21, 2017.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 06:01 PM

Not only has the cup not been North in a long time but it seems Canadian players are getting rarer every year. Most teams have multiple European or Russian players on them. For a sport which most think of as being Canadian in nature it really is global.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 07:23 PM
Jon, we've done our job! Spread the hockey gospel far and wide. However, can't really say Canadian players are "rare". It is more like now there are other players as well....even good ones.

There are 6 Canadian teams in the NHL, 20% of the teams for most of the last 25 years. Prolly easy to pick 6 American teams that haven't won either in that time frame. And there is nothing in the rules that favour Canadian teams. In fact, because of league regs about currency of payment to players, along with tax law, Canadian teams are typically at a disadvantage when attracting and keeping players. Even Canadian players would usually rather play in the US.

Which is good for the sport overall. Still, no one but Canadians and American players from the north of the US....I'm looking at you MN, really know how to play "the physical game" yet. The one where you don't wear gloves. LOL
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 07:40 PM
Auston Matthews is from Scottsdale AZ. Byfuglien is from MN.

Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 07:42 PM
I went to a hockey game one time. Atlanta actually has a team, or did maybe (only went once). I had no clue what was going on but boy howdy whatever was happening sure was happening fast. Sort of reminded me of basketball on speed with white guys and weapons...Geo
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 08:26 PM
Auston Matthews is from Scottsdale AZ. Byfuglien is from MN.

So is Wheeler (from MN). Although Byfuglien's home town is so close to Canada it might as well be.....more in common with us than the rest of the US...INCLUDING ACCENT.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I went to a hockey game one time. Atlanta actually has a team, or did maybe (only went once). I had no clue what was going on but boy howdy whatever was happening sure was happening fast. Sort of reminded me of basketball on speed with white guys and weapons...Geo

George, your Atlanta team (the Thrashers) wasn't drawing enough so they moved the franchise to Winnipeg back in 2011. 15 years earlier, the City of Winnipeg wouldn't pay for a new arena so the Winnipeg Jets up and moved to Phoenix. The Colorado Avalanche playing out of Denver started life as the Quebec City Nordiques in the old WHA. there have been a bunch of moves over the last 35 years. Even I have a hard time keeping up.

And you are right about the weapons.
Posted By: Tamid Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 08:49 PM
Geo,
A refreshing description of a novice to the game of hockey.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/24/18 10:13 PM
OK, that's a lie. Events here are so totally predictable that copy/paste is likely the main means of commenting. EVERY topic descends into the same diatribe by the same person(s).

Mr. Weber? Don't you find that boring? Would my last topic that was deleted have been spared if I had attacked the mythical Left with some devoid of reason and originality rant regardless of the topic? BTW, giving the remaining few actual conservatives the rep they deserve for allowing the "Fantasyland Right", cannibal aliens from outer space, breathing room.

have another day

I am afraid you are wasting your time and efforts.

Both the moderator and a number of members are happy with trolling and incivility.

Requests for conduct otherwise is a waste of time.

Ignore the extremist posts of either side and focus on what makes this site still good, discussion of doubleguns

PS I rather think most on this site identify as conservatives.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 12:12 AM
I once asked Dave why he allows this environment that he created to fester like it does. His reply was simply that this is an unmoderated forum and that he suggested i use the ignore function. Which is not all that helpful anyway.

So...i hope that answers your question about what he thinks.
Posted By: GLS Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 12:34 AM
Geo, you probably saw the Flames. NHL team in Atlanta from 1972 to 1980 when they moved to Calgary. Gil
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: GLS
Geo, you probably saw the Flames. NHL team in Atlanta from 1972 to 1980 when they moved to Calgary. Gil

Georgia Boy schooling a Canadian on hockey. ‘Merica.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 01:37 AM

Excuse me for thinking that, given George thought the team may still be there, it would have been the most recent incarnation. Just for that, we're "thrashing" Nashville!

Go Leafs Go! (Now I have to wash my mouth out with soap).
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 02:58 AM
Wow!! Wonka The Sane!! Haven't heard from you in years. Prably because I haven't been on here in about 6-7 years. Hope everyone is well and doing fine.

Jimmy W
Posted By: GLS Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 08:41 AM

Doubt seriously if James attended any Flames games while they played in Atlanta. I did. smile Gil

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 11:11 AM
Gil, generous as always.
Posted By: GLS Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 01:03 PM
Nothing says hockey like the name of the first coach of the Flames: Boom Boom Geoffrion. Next best name in sports was NFL player Hacksaw Reynolds. Gil
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 01:35 PM
Boom Boom is credited with inventing the slap shot.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 01:38 PM
Boom Boom is good at least now nobody can now say this is off topic on two-shot before reload gun forum.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/25/18 02:41 PM
I believe it was the Flames; they were in Underground Atlanta...Geo
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/26/18 02:27 AM
Have fun golfing, Maple Leafs.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/26/18 03:27 AM
Now we’re down to the real hockey.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/26/18 10:17 AM
I love this board! Or should I say bored!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/26/18 01:19 PM
Originally Posted By: RARiddell

Only a month to go.

They dreamed of going to Nashville...
https://youtu.be/_xjy6EuMPGA

Posted By: keith Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/26/18 06:07 PM

You'd better hope that the self appointed Thread Moderator Gladys Kravitz is a hockey fan, or she'll whine to Dave to get this thread deleted too!

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/26/18 10:11 PM
Originally Posted By: keith

You'd better hope that the self appointed Thread Moderator Gladys Kravitz is a hockey fan, or she'll whine to Dave to get this thread deleted too!

Pretty good T.V. in days of you’re.

Get your beat juice and see urchins ready, Nova Scotians. Pens and Caps tonight.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 03:13 AM
One down, three to go!

Winning the first game in Nashville even though we got outplayed. That’s big.
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 01:27 PM
Hi Jimmy W....I remember you...still got your win 21's? I thought you mentioned selling them off for a sports car?
cheers
franc
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 01:27 PM
Originally Posted By: canvasback
One down, three to go!

Winning the first game in Nashville even though we got outplayed. That’s big.

Knot that I’m a knitt picker but it’s 11 to go.

Never would have guessed Wonko was such a big hockey fan.

Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 02:32 PM
Next to pro wrestling, hockey leads the sports world in fan pleasing and incredibly funny fake fights. Michelin Men "slugging it out" ranks top of the list absurd. As a televised game it has to be about the most boring and that includes baseball. As a live game it may be better but I can't imagine actually paying real money to sit and watch it.
But all y'all knock yerselves out
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 03:04 PM
Next to pro wrestling, hockey leads the sports world in fan pleasing and incredibly funny fake fights. Michelin Men "slugging it out" ranks top of the list absurd. As a televised game it has to be about the most boring and that includes baseball. As a live game it may be better but I can't imagine actually paying real money to sit and watch it.
But all y'all knock yerselves out

I dunno. I like to watch it, but then I like to watch golf too.

(you have to watch on CBC. Much better)

Posted By: SKB Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 03:14 PM
Sort of like watching someone else play Pong.
Posted By: kgb Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/28/18 04:23 PM

There are 6 Canadian teams in the NHL, 20% of the teams for most of the last 25 years.

The good old days had 7 Canadian teams, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa in the east and Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton aht west.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 04/30/18 03:11 AM
Second Battle of Nashville ends with the valiant Johnny Preds smacking the Canadian invaders back to Winnipeg.

Pens lost too. This is good.

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/08/18 02:02 PM
Mueller investigation expanded! Russians infiltrate hockey team in nations capital! Trump’s fingerprints all over this!

Have fun fishing, Penguins.

https://youtu.be/lhMgEbmMpPY

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/08/18 02:27 PM
All the marbles on Thursday. An unfortunate turn of events.

Ba bye, Sid.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/11/18 03:24 AM
Guess the Preds can catch the Opry Saturday.

Let’s go Vegas.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/11/18 09:33 AM
Second Battle of Nashville ends with the valiant Johnny Preds smacking the Canadian invaders back to Winnipeg.

Pens lost too. This is good.

Losing the odd battle is okay as lomg as you win the war.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/17/18 04:14 AM
Ummmm hmmmm!!

Winnipeg better...

...get a move on...
https://youtu.be/ojv3PVlL3-k

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/17/18 04:43 AM
Not what I’d hoped for.. 80% of teams leading after 3 win the series. Winnipeg better be the 20% that buck the odds.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/19/18 02:58 AM
I’m leaving...

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/19/18 03:57 AM
But now no Joker

No Jack

No King

Can take this losing hand and make it win...

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/19/18 02:02 PM
Arrgghhhhh!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/20/18 10:05 PM

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23539...-week-much-more

US beat Canada at the worlds today too.

Posted By: Woody402 Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 10:45 AM
Originally Posted By: B. Dudley
I once asked Dave why he allows this environment that he created to fester like it does. His reply was simply that this is an unmoderated forum and that he suggested i use the ignore function. Which is not all that helpful anyway.

So...i hope that answers your question about what he thinks.

I’ve tried the ignore button. Waste of time. All the stupid comments still clog up a post but you just can’t read them but there are still there. So really does nothing.
Posted By: wyobirds Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 01:33 PM
I spent some time last night with noted balastician Cliff Clavin jr. and we discussed the superiority of the 16 Ga. over the 20 Ga. During the evening Cliff expressed his dislike for the alleged sport of hockey, claiming that it is un-American and a girly activity.
"Girly", I asked and Cliff informed that 47% of the players are gay.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 01:49 PM
Originally Posted By: wyobirds
I spent some time last night with noted balastician Cliff Clavin jr. and we discussed the superiority of the 16 Ga. over the 20 Ga. During the evening Cliff expressed his dislike for the alleged sport of hockey, claiming that it is un-American and a girly activity.
"Girly", I asked and Cliff informed that 47% of the players are gay.

What’s a balastician?

Anyone seen or talked to canvasback? Somebody check on him.

Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 01:52 PM
Well, that ought to get this thread going!...Geo
Posted By: wyobirds Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 02:36 PM
Per Cliff, "A balastician differs from a ballastician in that the former has a higher expertise in ballistics".
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 05:19 PM
Thoroughly depressed. I may have to go shoot some clays.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 05:20 PM
Oh well, I'm rooting for Vegas now! Let's smash those eastern bastards!
Posted By: keith Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: wyobirds
Per Cliff, "A balastician differs from a ballastician in that the former has a higher expertise in ballistics".

Huh?

This site has a few self-proclaimed thread moderators... But it is desperately in need of a grammar and spelling teacher... and an antidote for estrogen overload.

I hope Dr. Wanker doesn't get pissed about his hockey thread getting taken off topic. Who knew that 47% of hockey players are gay? Those must be the ones who are registered liberal Democrats and supporters of anti-gun politicians!
Posted By: wyobirds Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 06:56 PM
Nope, Cliff said that the 47% are NRA members.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/21/18 07:55 PM
Oh well, I'm rooting for Vegas now! Let's smash those eastern bastards!

52% of the players on Vegas are Canadian.

Read into that what you will.

Posted By: tw Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/22/18 03:05 AM
87.673% of statistics are made up on the spot. The rest are subject to interpretation.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/24/18 11:43 AM
Why do our friends up North call Hockey......."Honckey"?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/24/18 02:37 PM
Ok. Had a Russian and a Swede born in Austria with a Russian last name playing Canada’s game in the United States go HAM on the Tampa Bay Lightning last night.

Washington capitals Vs Las Vegas Golden Knights

Vegas in 7.

Hope Wonko starts a golf thread after hockey season is over. (June 13)

Posted By: 1cdog Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/25/18 01:23 PM
Go Caps!
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/25/18 02:21 PM
Vegas in 6

Hoping I can keep my string of successful predictions going.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/29/18 03:20 AM
Jeepers. That was fun. Did you watch that c-back? Winnipegian Ryan Reaves cross checks some chump to the ice and roofs the tying goal. Nice.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/29/18 11:02 AM
We got ourselves a series!
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/31/18 04:57 PM
Jeepers. That was fun. Did you watch that c-back? Winnipegian Ryan Reaves cross checks some chump to the ice and roofs the tying goal. Nice.

Not so fast my friend....

As Cback says....we now have a Series......Go Caps!
Posted By: canvasback Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 05/31/18 05:44 PM
Braden Holtby made some kind of deal with the Devil to be able to stop that shot late in the third. By all rights, we should have a an overtime game. Not saying I know how that would have turned out but that save was ridiculous.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 06/03/18 03:04 PM
Russians run amok in nations capital.

https://youtu.be/yV46Y7dwtCw

Evgeny Kuznetsov

https://youtu.be/wh2ia2LNY9Q

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 06/07/18 03:06 AM

https://youtu.be/py-lIc6Fz0s

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 06/08/18 03:58 AM
The next Amazing Turn of Events is this thread will turn into a golf thread. The Open is in another month. Yay Scotland!

FORE!

Washington capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions.

(thanks Wonko for starting this hockey/golf thread)

Posted By: 1cdog Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 06/08/18 10:36 AM
Congratulations Washington Capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions!

Made possible by a heavy dose of Russian collusion smile
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Amazing Turn of Events ! ! - 06/10/18 02:11 PM

have another day

I find every post you make here combative and boring...so go be'itch at yourself.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com