doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/19/18 04:01 PM
Starting 4/1/18 Medicare will start a
> year-long project to replace all current Medicare cards for
> beneficiaries to convert to alphanumeric ID numbers.
> Currently the ID number is your social security number. This
> is starting to hit the media. Scammers are
> opportunistic:First of all, the new Medicare card
> will come to you in the mail. You don't need to request
> it or do anything. It will show up.
WHAT'S THE SCAM? Somebody from "MEDICARE "
> will call to tell you that you are getting a new Medicare card.
> But until it comes you will need a temporary card. Fee for
> the card is between $5-50 dollars. They want personal
> information, bank account or credit card so they can process
> your temporary card.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:Medicare will never call you unless
> you ask them to. Medicare does all communications by
> mail unless you ask them to call.
> HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS ONE?
First of all, spread the word. Feel
> free to share these notes.Use your answering machine to screen
> calls or just don't even answer a number you don't
> recognize.If it has already happened to you or
> to your friends or loved ones and personal info has been
> given out (happens considerably more often than you think)
> immediately take action to protect yourself against identity
> theft.
pass it on
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/19/18 04:44 PM
Wonko, Thanks for this notice. Given the average age of members here, lots of us need to know this.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 04:08 AM
This decision to remove sensitive personal information from Medicare Cards should do a lot to prevent upwards of 20 million illegal aliens and other criminals from engaging in Medicare Fraud, identity theft, and theft of medical services.

It's nice to see that Dr. Wanker and rocky mtn bill are finally beginning to appreciate the positive things that are happening as a result of Donald trump being elected. Making America Great Again... after the Liberal Democrat disaster!

Trump is good for preserving our 2nd Amendment too... to get this off topic subject at least a teeny bit shotgun oriented.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: keith

It's nice to see that Dr. Wanker and rocky mtn bill are finally beginning to appreciate the positive things that are happening as a result of Donald trump being elected. Making America Great Again... after the Liberal Democrat disaster!

'He 's now president for life. President for life (referring to Chinese leader). No, he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day.'
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 07:34 PM
My hope for Trump is that the worse it gets, the sooner it will end.He is an embarrassment and a jerk. He isn't fit to polish Obama's shoes.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....He isn't fit to polish Obama's shoes.

Well Bill, I hope that you consider yourself a bit more than just fit to do menial tasks for your idol.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 08:58 PM
Keith, Do you actually believe that Trump had any thing to do with the notice that Wonko drew attention to? Trump can't even pay attention to his daily briefings let alone some minor detail about Medicare. Craig, I have no need to do even menial tasks for Obama. He's not President now, just in case you hadn't noted. A question: why would you post such a stupid comment? Perhaps because you don't know any better than to vote for a caricature of a President.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 10:04 PM
....Trump can't even pay attention to his daily briefings let alone some minor detail about Medicare. Craig, I have no need to do even menial tasks for Obama. He's not President now, just in case you hadn't noted. A question: why would you post such a stupid comment? Perhaps because you don't know any better than to vote foe a caricature of a President.

Me? Stupid comment?

You gotta admit, at least I made a half baked effort at snipping off the worst of your comments, well the first time anyway. I know exactly how you feel, it just surprises me knowing that you come from the forum cop/moderator point of view.

If I were voting for a caricature, barak would'a had my vote three times. But, I vote, and never miss one, based on the issues. I'm proud to say I vote in your best interest, regardless of your level of appreciation. You're not worthy of that Trump in '20 sticker on your volt. Ooops, the President is playing me and I'm losing the struggle.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 10:53 PM
Craig, I'm curious to know what a forum cop/moderator might be. Please explain to an old man who doesn't spend time on right wing talk show palaver. I still haven't figured out what a snowflake is.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 11:02 PM
Bill, a snowflake is when you take an all American, red, white and blue blue boy and run him through our education system. He comes out the other end pissing and moaning about how he thinks he's girl and might break a nail.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/20/18 11:10 PM
Mr. Trump, good or bad, was elected to prevent the Clinton Crime Family from getting deeper into the political scene. I have never been so frightened of anyone in politics as I was of the Clintons and their uninformed followers.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 12:32 AM
Eightbore, If you took your head out that dark space and made an open-minded inquiry, you'd see that however unappealing the Clintons may be they're preferable to our moron-in-chief. I wouldn't support Hillary if I didn't see that she was, by experience and education, qualified to hold office. Trump is only qualified to lead a Mafia operation. Consider "Trump University". Ponder Stormy Daniels. A man who made a fortune preying on the gullible may not belong in jail, but he certainly does not belong in the White House.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 01:24 AM
But, he is there, bill. Because the people, including me, demanded it. Get over it.

SRH
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 03:48 AM
....I wouldn't support Hillary if I didn't see that she was, by experience and education, qualified to hold office....

Boy Bill, you aren't an over friendly fellow when you discuss things that could be important to others. Neat trick though, give hill some vague, generic qualification and then move on to personal hate attacks. How about policy? What did hill lie about claiming she would do for the country that got the tingle running up your leg?
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 12:08 PM
Craig, I can't give a candidate qualifications. She either has them or she doesn't. Voting for Trump or supporting his incoherent bungling doesn't give him any qualifications either. I believe the world is in a profound mess so that even the best leaders might not be able to make much difference. But someone who admires Putin and Duerte is only going to make things worse.If you get your "news" and opinions from Fox and Rush, you're being led by people whose only motive is the growth of their own power. Try breathing some air outside your bubble.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 01:05 PM
Let's see, under Obama we had the slowest ever recovery from a recession, millions of illegal aliens were permitted to pour over the border to take jobs and suppress stagnant wages, and instead of racial harmony, we saw a resurgence of rioting and looting. ObamaCare brought massive cost increases to our health care system and left millions without coverage. North Korea and Iran stepped up production of nuclear arsenals and ICBM delivery systems. The entire Middle East was a mess and ISIS was hacking heads and bringing Jihad to our shores.

Meanwhile, CNN, MSNBC, and rocky mtn bill were totally were totally unconcerned with Obama's homosexual and drug abusing past. Scandals such as Fast and Furious, the Clinton email server, Loretta and Bill meeting on the tarmac during a so-called investigation, IRS targeting Conservatives, DNC screwing Bernie, Clinton colluding with Russia on Uranium One, etc., etc. are totally ignored.

Contrast that with what Trump has accomplished in less than one-quarter of the time on the economy, the stock market, tax reductions, foreign trade deals, jobs, the utter decimation of ISIS, scaring North Korea into negotiations, putting a pro-2nd amendment judge on the SCOTUS, and much more.

And he has done all of this while under relentless fake news attacks and unfounded Russia probes and a concern with womanizing far beyond anything that we had with the serial rapist Bill Clinton who was staining blue dresses and soaking cigars right in the Oval Office while being paid by taxpayers.

But none of this is surprising coming from a Libtard and FUDD who is too dumb to understand that the politicians he supports have absolutely zero respect for our gun rights. I don't want to mention any names... like rocky mtn bill.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 01:36 PM
Keith gives a good summary of the conservaturd narrative. It's all he knows. I supppose he's thrilled with the stellar accomplishments of Ryan Zinke, Scott Pruitt, and Ben Carson-- "all the best people". By the way, Keith, you really should get a checkup; you tend to repeat yourself.Do you happen to have an opinion about Jagermeister?
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 02:05 PM
Yes Billy... yes I do.

As foolish and dishonest as Jagermeister has demonstrated himself to be, he is nothing compared to you. Jagermeister pretends that he voted for Trump after months of criticizing him prior to the election. You are still dumb enough to think that Obama was a good president, and you cannot honestly deny even one of his failures, deficiencies, or gross malfeasance. Who but Obama could double the national debt in 8 years while simultaneously degrading the military?

But predictably Billy, you do your typical Libtard dance and attempt to change the subject to some rather trivial matters concerning Trump appointees. Jagermeister also has a lot more staying power than you. You will put your head back into your rectum and fade away again after making a complete ass of yourself for a day or two, while he keeps coming back for more, even after virtually everyone knows he is nothing but a tire-kicker and internet fake. He must take better blood pressure drugs than you.

Also, I'll bet Jagermeister knows that a pin is another term for a gun screw... unlike you Billy. I got a kick out of that lie you told in the gunsmithing forum about not being able to find a pin under the top lever because it was hiding under your thumb. Really! We've seen your thumbs Billy. They're even smaller and skinnier than Trump's.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 02:32 PM
....If you get your "news" and opinions from Fox and Rush, you're being led by people whose only motive is the growth of their own power. Try breathing some air outside your bubble.

I look in your bubble Bill, do you recognize that it's a bubble?

Let's start with old reruns. You remember barry on msnbc, among others in you bubble, leaning over to the russian pres on an open mic, saying tell putin he'll be more flexible after the elections. What did barak do, oversee and try to conceal the entire russian election soap opera? Do you like donlemon over at cnn, you remember, the 'news anchor' that said we weigh how much we criticize husein because he's black? What do you figure, were you getting 'news' or opinions that you felt like hearing?

So you're a reader? We just find out last month that the previous nytimes chief editor during the barry years kept a small plastic obama comfort doll with her at all times. Did you feel comfortable with barry or did others tell you what you were supposed to feel? You remember, like 'news experts' telling you how to votes based on getting their kind of tingle up your leg?

Stand back just a bit, you'll see your bubbles are toxic ooze. Typical huh Bill, you get to roll around in and enjoy it, while you lecture others about bad talking points that you don't know why you parrot.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 08:31 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Bill, a snowflake is when you take an all American, red, white and blue blue boy and run him through our education system. He comes out the other end pissing and moaning about how he thinks he's girl and might break a nail.

Craig, I hope you're not applying that remark to our all-American young men and women who sign on the dotted line for our ALL VOLUNTEER military--knowing very well that they might end up somewhere nasty people will try their best to kill them. If our education system were uniformly as you describe it, Uncle Sam would be forced to send out those little "Greetings!" letters that some folks here who were drafted into the military will recall having received. Instead, we still have enough qualified young men and women who volunteer to meet the needs of our armed forces, both active and reserve.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 09:41 PM
Keith, I know a pin is a screw, but I'm not a Brit. I call a screw a screw. At least you recognize Trump's thumbs are small. My are big enough to hide a top-lever screw. This whole exchange is lame, but it's kind of fun. We'll never change each other's minds. I can write something grouchy here and not even feel perturbed. I just do it to remind my many friends here that there's always another side to the story. Keep on. PS: A friend dropped by yesterday with a tee shirt for me. It has a big beer logo that says It's Mueller Time. I'll ask him to get one for you.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 09:52 PM
Thanks Larry. I was referring to snowflakes, not soldiers.<period. Others may know different, but the snowflake usually ends up in nasty places, like philosophizing in coffee shops with internet. I thought of you a week or two back. I noticed a copy of the latest proof house book was being offered on the bay. You may be okay with or without it, but you had expressed interest in the subject every now and then. I would hope you're not implying that the education system is uniformly serving our kids well.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 10:51 PM
Craig, do you happen to like anyone who isn't just like you? I don't doubt Bill O'Reilly gags on folks who philosophize in coffee shops but just what, specifically, is wrong with that?
Posted By: Tom C Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/21/18 11:00 PM
I always like the way Trump supporters try to prove his morality by saying other people are more unethical. The more I listen to his supporters, the more I think of how Hitler's followers were unable to distinguish moral from immoral, right from wrong, ethical from unethical. It's a support without questioning or reasoning. They either see nothing wrong with his actions and attitudes or feel overlooking them is justified for the "greater good". To me, he is the worst president in history. He doesn't understand the difference between a ruler and a leader. He rules through a self-centered ignorance and has no understanding how the average american lives. My only hope is that he is still in office for the next presidential election so the we can say "YOUR FIRED".
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 01:35 AM
OK Billy, let's say we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume for a moment that you are not lying when you say that you knew that a gun screw may also be called a pin.

Are you then actually telling us that you moved the top lever looking for the pin or screw you were advised to remove... But you weren't intelligent enough to move your thumb so you could see it???

Holy crap, that's even better than thinking you didn't know the differing terminology for a screw. You are truly the gift that keeps on giving! When craigd states that our education system is not serving all students uniformly and well, he must have been thinking of you. You must have done far worse than turn out some snowflakes Billy. I'm thinking more in terms of a blizzard or avalanche.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 05:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Tom C
.....The more I listen to his supporters, the more I think of how Hitler's followers were unable to distinguish moral from immoral, right from wrong, ethical from unethical. It's a support without questioning or reasoning. They either see nothing wrong with his actions and attitudes or feel overlooking them is justified for the "greater good". To me, he is the worst president in history....

Sheesh Tom, hitler? Seriously, did you come up with that on your own or did you pick up the concept from dem talking points, or maybe a union flyer? So, are you implying he's gonna line up dems in front of a firing squad if they don't flip to Republican? I'm questioning you, and I'd like to know factual reasons of why you compare your President to one of most brutal thugs in all of history?

Aren't you guilty of all of the quotes that I highlighted when you look the other way at all the baggage that they bring just as long as you get your dem? Do you have any thoughtful questions or factual reasoning for why you label him the 'worst' in history? Did you ever have the chance to constructively criticize the last president? Was it pc or just tradition that some things are best unsaid. The gal you wanted to be president screeched some of the foulest things a politician could, but that was okay wasn't it? To use your thought, I'm saying other people are more unethical for two reasons. First, when it comes to dems in high office, it's true, and second, using your tactic should be understandable to you even if it's disagreeable.

I have some ties to Wisconsin. I can remember a couple of years back that in many areas there were only hillery yard signs. It looked like a blow out. The day after, the Trump signs showed up, and many folks didn't realize or were afraid to admit they weren't in lock step. Even if you don't want to admit it, that's how the average American lives.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 06:08 AM
Craig, do you happen to like anyone who isn't just like you?...

....folks who philosophize in coffee shops but just what, specifically, is wrong with that?

Yes Bill, there are folks that I like that are not just like me. They do know though that if they want to turn the conversation in a political direction, I prefer not to roll over. As to the coffee shop dwellers, not one bit is wrong with that. It's none of my business, but in the context of the way that I brought it up, they aren't laying their lives on the line as soldiers in our great military, are they? Standard disclaimer applies, I don't believe my example is an absolute.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 01:12 PM
A general observation about our political divide, here and elsewhere. Lots of guys our age miss the 1950's. Life then suited them. The country was still small enough that each of us could do most anything we pleased. Hunting and guns were innocent pastimes and readily available to everyone. Opportunity existed for anyone (white) who wanted to work hard. We look around today and see that guns aren't necessarily benign. We see there aren't good places to hunt available to all. We see there aren't the game populations we took for granted. We see our training and job skills made obsolete. We see young whippersnappers making enormous fortunes with schemes and devices we don't understand. The changes can feel overwhelming, and one common reaction is to be just plain pissed off and filled with resentment. Politicians didn't do this to us. We did it to ourselves. We turned ourselves into varmints who verge on destroying the planet for our sole benefit. Of course quail are scarce. Fish in the oceans are scarce. In many parts of the world, some here, water is scarce. Yes, times are a-changing. Too few people are willing to see the change and face up to it. It's just so much easier to blame it all on our schools or the other political party. Meanwhile the losses just keep accumulating. Happy Earth Day to us all.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 04:12 PM
Well Billy, maybe you didn't see my reply to you. Maybe it was hidden under your little thumb. Or maybe, most likely, you didn't wish to see it or respond to it because it proved once again what a disingenuous fool you are. But this sort of behavior seems common among Liberals for some reason. So here it is again. And this time, I'll include the words of Blue Grouse, who gave you step by step instructions for removing the stock from a Greener. As we can see, he specifically told you that the breech pin is the one under the top lever. He even told you how to keep the top lever out of the way while you remove it.

Originally Posted By: Blue Grouse

Fourth step is to remove the breech pin (the one under the top lever). This is made easier by inserting something into the slot that accommodates the cross bolt which then holds the top lever out of the way while you remove the pin.
There is usually no hand pin on Greener actions so there is one less thing to remove.

Then we had your replies Billy, along with further explanation from Blue Grouse telling you that the pin is a screw:

Blue Grouse, Thank you for your detailed reply. I'm still puzzled though because there is no pin beneath the top lever.

Originally Posted By: Blue Grouse
Hi Bill,
Well, I am at a total loss if there is no breech pin!
The normal configuration is for the breech pin (this is the largest screw in the gun) to go through the top tang and into a pillar which is integral with the trigger plate. This is the only pin that goes through the stock and essentially clamps the stock between the top tang and the trigger plate.

Blue Grouse, It's a little embarrassing but funny,too, to report that I saw no top lever screw because when I pushed the lever over, my thumb covered it up. Having found the obvious, I should be able to proceed. Thanks again for some real help.

Blue Grouse did not reply... probably because he was overwhelmed by your stupidity and the idea that anyone would believe your explanation for not seeing the screw.

OK Billy, let's say we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume for a moment that you are not lying when you say that you knew that a gun screw may also be called a pin.

Are you then actually telling us that you moved the top lever looking for the pin or screw you were advised to remove... But you weren't intelligent enough to move your thumb so you could see it???

Holy crap, that's even better than thinking you didn't know the differing terminology for a screw. You are truly the gift that keeps on giving! When craigd states that our education system is not serving all students uniformly and well, he must have been thinking of you. You must have done far worse than turn out some snowflakes Billy. I'm thinking more in terms of a blizzard or avalanche.

The Thread Where Billy Shows His I.Q.

Edit: Note to craigd... I think you may come to learn that Tom C. was one of rocky mtn bill's star snowflakes in high school. Did you catch Tom's last words where he said this:

My only hope is that he is still in office for the next presidential election so the we can say "YOUR FIRED".

Do any of these Libtards know the difference between "YOU'RE" and "YOUR"? It almost seems as if they all have the same missing chromosome or something.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 04:55 PM
A general observation about our political divide....

....We look around today and see that guns aren't necessarily benign....

....changes can feel overwhelming, and one common reaction is to be just plain pissed off and filled with resentment.....

....Too few people are willing to see the change and face up to it. It's just so much easier to blame it all on our schools or the other political party. Meanwhile the losses just keep accumulating....

Me, pissed off and resentful? I think you were explaining about how you feel, didn't I just mention I'd rather not roll over?

If it's not YOUR political party and your tacit approval of what's being force fed to our kids, honestly, please?, what else would make you state that 'guns aren't necessarily benign'? Flat out, you're calling for gun control because I'm too dumb to 'face up to change'? I have memories of my good ole days, but why should I accept the change of a law enforcement pc tier system, because a lefty says something is not necessarily benign, likely a living, breathing, evolving thing.

Jeez, now in the context that you feel a sense of unfairness from whippersnappers, what make you confident that imposing restrictive laws and regulations on everyone that will abide by them. Hang on, I have to come up for air. What mechanism do you have that will make criminals abide by new laws, if we can point to a factual history that they will not abide by current laws? What is in your dna and formative years that prevents you from wanting crime tackled, instead of dreaming utopian? You're an earther, what kind of vehicle do you drive?
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 05:34 PM
Craig, I beg your pardon, but did I call for new laws? What makes me say guns aren't necessarily benign is the fact that so many people nowadays are slaughtered with them. In the "good ole days" I mentioned, this didn't happen. I don't count myself as one of those bent out of shape by societal change. I don't accept the notion that public schools are "force-feeding" some harmful agenda to our kids. The kids I know today in the places I've lived are getting an education far superior to what my generation received. Your whole view of the world is badly distorted by you inability to pay any detailed attention to what other people are saying. You read in what you're predisposed to think.As Wonko says, " I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."
Posted By: Tom C Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 05:45 PM
Keith - I am unfortunately a poor speller and usually take the time to review my grammar and spelling. You would think I would be better at this having been married to a English teacher for 36 years. I am however happy that I am able to make a point without belittling or name calling or writing a diatribe. Keith, would you please write another few pages. I am sure everyone is just waiting to read more of your words of wit. You and Donald are "two peas in a pod".
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 06:35 PM
Craig, your comment, "You're an earther" is symptomatic of your inability to read and follow a line of thought. Somewhere you picked up a jargon that names some things that annoy you. Once you found a name for them, you stopped thinking altogether. Putting a label on someone is an ignorant person's way of dismissing him without having made any effort to understand what he's saying. As for my vehicles, for road trips I drive a Bradley; around town I prefer a humvee.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 06:43 PM
... Somewhere you picked up a jargon that names some things that annoy you. Once you found a name for them, you stopped thinking altogether. Putting a label on someone is an ignorant person's way of dismissing him...

Nah Bill, its just a short cut for categorizing people whose opinions are wrong (in your opinion) and you do not wish to waste your time answering them again and again. Some folks feel the need to fight every battle. I don't...Geo
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 08:03 PM
Geo, The emergency conditions in climate, ocean health, air quality, water supply( and frequent flood disasters) and most importantly over population are not my opinions. They are matters of verifiable fact. If that makes me an earther, I'm glad to be one. For all the complaining on this site about about the deterioration of game populations and hunting access, I'm mildly surprised how few posters seem to see this as issues that need addressing. Read Aldo Leopold. Read Wendell Barry. Tell us it's just their opinions.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 08:11 PM
Craig, I beg your pardon, but did I call for new laws? What makes me say guns aren't necessarily benign is the fact that so many people nowadays are slaughtered with them....

....I don't accept the notion that ...... schools are "force-feeding" some harmful agenda to our kids. The kids I know today....

....You read in what you're predisposed to think.As Wonko says, " I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Bill, I didn't make you type that you voted for hill because of her qualifications. I'd hope you meant that you agreed with the laws and regulations that her policy would bring, and not that she was only qualified to talk our ears off? When it comes to schools, I can't visit them all. I comment from the perspective of looking at syllabus', homework, text books, etc. of kids, and now grandkids over a good few decades. I can also read school district and union mission statements, can see school district policy decisions, college and university policies and activism. Don't tell me your feelings that I'm wrong, show me the facts about why I'm wrong. What do you think, do we need to budget for homosexuality awareness in kindergarten, and eliminate shop classes for high schoolers? I couldn't care less if a young budding dem or Republican figures out that they're a natural in auto shop or wood shop, but you're the fellow, by your vote, that wants them to get 'free' college, right? We all know the value of anything that's free, eh?

I think the good doctor has some merit with that quote, but shouldn't your explanations be more than just feelings? Please don't suppose that you can get away with, lacking facts and figures, saying that guns can slaughter. I asked a bit ago if there was some possible way that you could be meaningfully anti criminal, but the definition of meaningful will likely be clouded by your feelings about pc. What would happen if grade school kids had to discuss, 'don't tread on me', instead of ethnic revisionist history and guilt trips. You can interpret as you see fit why I use labels. No matter the topic, you've been consistently on a wrecking the earth mantra lately, haven't you? I might remind you that I've explained in the past that I use sarcasm to point out hypocrisy and double standards, right? Where you see labels and my faults, I see things you might consider food for thought.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 08:17 PM
....For all the complaining on this site about about the deterioration of game populations and hunting access, I'm mildly surprised how few posters seem to see this as issues that need addressing....

Here's a little sarcasm Bill. Some might say the hunting's never been better if you have the will to admit it. I'm completely unsurprised at how no dems see places like chicago and baltimore as issues that need addressing.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/22/18 08:53 PM
Keith - I am unfortunately a poor speller and usually take the time to review my grammar and spelling. You would think I would be better at this having been married to a English teacher for 36 years. I am however happy that I am able to make a point without belittling or name calling or writing a diatribe. Keith, would you please write another few pages. I am sure everyone is just waiting to read more of your words of wit. You and Donald are "two peas in a pod".

Tom, I find it amusing that you can tell us that you are able to make a point without engaging in a diatribe of belittling or name calling. All we need to do is go as far back as your last post to see you belittling Trump supporters and even comparing them to supporters of the genocidal dictator Adolf Hitler. Wow, that was easy!

Then your diatribe about Trump being a ruler rather than a leader sounded like a description of the gay anti-gun ex-president who said "I have a pen, and I have a phone..." when speaking of his intent to bypass Congress to impose his Leftist and Socialist will.

I wouldn't worry about not knowing the difference between "you're" and "your" in spite of being married to an English teacher. Hell, up until about a year ago, nearly every post submitted by retired English teacher rocky mtn bill was laced with spelling or grammatical errors. He apparently finally took my repeated advice to get his grandkids to show him how to use a spell-checker and to get someone who wasn't illiterate to proof read his posts. He sure wasn't making a case for teacher pension increases, and should be embarrassed to take his pension.

It would also appear that he lied about having fun debating me since he has taken his usual tail-between-the-legs approach to discussing his unexplainable need to concoct a bullshit story rather than simply admitting he didn't know alternate terminology for a gun screw. We see this sort of thing all the time from our resident Libtards, but you feel that it is conservatives and Trump supporters who are unethical. Billy thinks guns have become more dangerous since the 1950's... But you guys seem to be doing a great job of shooting yourselves in the foot with your own words.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/23/18 09:40 AM
Craig, I'm curious to know what a forum cop/moderator might be. Please explain to an old man who doesn't spend time on right wing talk show palaver. I still haven't figured out what a snowflake is.

If I were a forum cop/moderator I'd have thrown your insane liberal/communist azz off here years ago...
Posted By: canvasback Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/23/18 11:00 AM
I always like the way Trump supporters try to prove his morality by saying other people are more unethical. The more I listen to his supporters, the more I think of how Hitler's followers were unable to distinguish moral from immoral, right from wrong, ethical from unethical. It's a support without questioning or reasoning. They either see nothing wrong with his actions and attitudes or feel overlooking them is justified for the "greater good". To me, he is the worst president in history. He doesn't understand the difference between a ruler and a leader. He rules through a self-centered ignorance and has no understanding how the average american lives.

The interesting thing about this diatribe is the exact words could be used as a critique of Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama and their supporters.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/23/18 07:28 PM
canvasback, there is one significant difference, however, and that is sources. The dirt on Clinton comes primarily from the likes of Limbaugh, Breitbart, and Fox. On Trump its the New York Times, Harper's, The Washington Post, Atlantic. When Oedipus blinded himself, ha had a reason to do so. When intelligent people put their faith in anything Rush says, they're putting their own eyes out for no other reason than to sustain their own delusions. They've abandoned any rational effort to make some sense of the world. PS: This is a tedious conversation. I have nothing else to say about it.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/23/18 07:49 PM
Hey Billy, are you forgetting that the dirt on Hillary Clinton pertaining to illegal storage of classified material on a private unsecured Server also came from ex-FBI Chief James Comey?

Do you find it at all odd that Trump hater and partisan hack James Comey essentially exonerated Hillary prior to completing the investigation? Do you find it troubling that she ignored Congressional subpoenas and requests for information, deleted 33,000 emails, destroyed the information on the private Server, and also smashed Blackberries and electronic storage devices? Would you be happy if Trump negotiated the Uranium One deal to give Russia 20% of U.S. uranium production, and then we saw Uranium One donating millions to the Trump Foundation as they donated to the Clinton Foundation? This is from the New York Times Billy... not Rush.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/ca...um-company.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/03/us/po...estigation.html

I'm still waiting for you to explain your inability to find a screw under the top lever of a Greener shotgun after you were told exactly where to look for it. You say that everything that comes from Rush Limbaugh or FOX News is a lie, but you have nothing to back up that statement except your blind allegiance to the DNC and the Liberal Left anti-gun Democrats. Little wonder you find defending your steaming pile of crap so tedious.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/23/18 10:25 PM
....there is one significant difference, however, and that is sources. The dirt on Clinton comes primarily from the likes of Limbaugh, Breitbart, and Fox. On Trump its the New York Times....

Didn't we look at this way back on page 2?

What would allow someone to trust the nytimes for political information knowing their chief editorial decision maker carried around an Obama comfort doll? Never mind, I forgot that your sources are opinion pieces. Actually, I just subscribe to the theory that with enough repetition after a while it becomes fact. Since it's all in fun, I'd wonder why you'd put that type of comment out and then have nothing more to say?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/23/18 10:58 PM
Bill, you have to be kidding.

Fast and Furious.
Benghazi.
Uranium One (Which even the NYT called "scandalous)
The DNC Stonewall of Bernie.

I mean, I'm not even getting started.
Posted By: jim sears Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 02:45 AM
I used to love to read these opinions about about guns, hunting and all things related to our sport.It seems it has traveled. Too bad.
tight lines. Jim Sears
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 12:40 PM
Yup, Jim. I can't agree more. But the forum owner appears happy with this sort of junk. So his forum will shrink and his donations will dry up. He will get no money from me unless things change. He is nonresponsive to requests to at least explain his policy.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 12:44 PM
I can't imagine why you stay here Brent... unless it's to spout more of your insane acceptance of much of the contradictory and questionable junk science that anti-gunners have used to advance lead ammunition bans. And I do wish you could tell us how your recent B.S. about the some ridiculous huge collapse in insect populations has anything to do with double guns.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 02:17 PM
Upland Journal has a very strict no politics and no religion rule.
I prefer this forum due to the collective knowledge here, but post over there sometimes as well...Geo

I ain't alone.
Posted By: craigd Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
....He is nonresponsive to requests to at least explain his policy.

Maybe, it's the approach.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 03:21 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: BrentD
....He is nonresponsive to requests to at least explain his policy.

Maybe, it's the approach.

Then I will be nonresponsive to his requests for financial support. If enough people do that maybe he will change his tune.

Of course we could all just boycott the forum for a week or so, but then it's easier to just pick up one's toys and go somewhere else.
Posted By: keith Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 03:28 PM
We'll miss you and your support for anti-lead junk science Brent!

Here's a link to a site you'll probably enjoy:

Libtard Gun Club Forum
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Way Off Topic but JIC - 04/24/18 03:47 PM
We have both an ignore setting and a notify button here. Bitching among ourselves is useless. Click notify and complain to Dave. JMHO...Geo
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com