doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good an unusual german gun - 04/18/18 03:57 AM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/762645128
Posted By: ellenbr Re: an unusual german gun - 04/18/18 12:12 PM
I guess the pins on the A&D Body Action instead of the screws make it interesting. Typically when you see those, it is a Belgian sourced, German retailed piece. This one is indeed has some Belgian sourced components. The frame wears the Belgian export powder stamp while the tubes look to be sourced from the Hänel shop in Zella Mehlis or from old stock by the talented mechanic Gebhard Helmuthhauser / Gebhard Helmuthäuser or Gebhard Helmuthäuser. Could have been cobbled together by Waffenhandler Georg Fährmann of Z-M in 1941 as he toted it thru the Z-M proof facility.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: 2-piper Re: an unusual german gun - 04/18/18 03:22 PM
Sure has a big Gap between the wood & action back. Already has a chip cracked up next to the tang. Looks as if it has been Rode Hard & Put Away Wet.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: an unusual german gun - 04/18/18 03:53 PM
I partly agree with Raimey. It is Belgian, but proofed June 1941 in Zella-Mehlis. Keep in mind that in 1941, the Germans had control of Belgium and took over all gunmaking ,mostly military, but also whatever sporting production was left.
Mike
Posted By: ellenbr Re: an unusual german gun - 04/18/18 03:58 PM
Ford:

I agree on the Germans commandeering of Liege, but actually they had control of Liege by say 1900. But from what I see, the tubeset is devoid of any Belgian style marks.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com