doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: claycrusher1900 W&C Scott records - 01/03/18 11:23 AM
Does anyone know if the records of W&C Scott prior to 1912 exist and if so, who has them? Gallyon and Sons has the records from 1912-1989 or so but nothing older. I have one from 1876 that I was hoping to find the records for.
Posted By: Roundsworth Re: W&C Scott records - 01/03/18 11:58 AM
https://www.armsresearch.co.uk/The%20Web...%20Archive.html

This might be a good place to start. Good Luck!
Posted By: Nudge Re: W&C Scott records - 01/03/18 02:32 PM
Claycrusher1900,

The book, "W & C Scott, Gunmakers," by Crawford and Whatley is pretty much it. They put together DOM estimates by serial number based entirely on their own research, using known W & C catalogs, patented features, etc. They acknowledge helpful input from Geoffrey Boothroyd, as well.

So between he and them, i know of no more thorough research trove regarding Scott. Even so, the book is only 92 pages long.

I believe a separate book by another author has been done on Webley, but dont know how much it touches upon the pre-Webley years of W & C Scott, if at all.

Nudge
Posted By: Calgary Bill Re: W&C Scott records - 01/03/18 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Nudge
Claycrusher1900,

The book, "W & C Scott, Gunmakers," by Crawford and Whatley is pretty much it. They put together DOM estimates by serial number based entirely on their own research, using known W & C catalogs, patented features, etc. They acknowledge helpful input from Geoffrey Boothroyd, as well.

So between he and them, i know of no more thorough research trove regarding Scott. Even so, the book is only 92 pages long.

I believe a separate book by another author has been done on Webley, but dont know how much it touches upon the pre-Webley years of W & C Scott, if at all.

I have the book and can look up your serial number if you wish.
Bill

Nudge
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com