doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 02:57 AM
I have to give credit where it's due, and it's due Hinterland Outfitters, in TX. I found them quite by accident while looking for a supplier of Fiocchi Interceptors, a spreader load. Ordered two flats from them earlier this year and received the order in three days. I thought, not bad.

So, Monday morning I ordered two more flats plus one flat of W/W 3/4 oz. .410s. They arrived this evening!!! That's two days, from Texas to Georgia ......... the week before CHRISTmas.

Hoo-yah Hinterland !!

SRH
Posted By: skeettx Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 03:30 AM
https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/
Posted By: Bryan_Pettet Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 03:36 AM
I see their flat rate shipping policy. Did you really get all that shipped for $10???
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 04:21 AM
Nope ........ $9.99

SRH
Posted By: Bryan_Pettet Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 04:22 AM
That's cool. I'm going to place an order with them after the holidays for some AA 28 gauge flats. Thanks for the heads up. I had heard of them but never ordered from them.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 12:45 PM
Good prices on the 16 ga. ammo I looked at. Might have them send a flat of Fiocchi Golden Pheasants my way.

I see they list Aguila ammo. Anyone have a comment on this brand?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 01:20 PM
Definitely good prices on some of their shotshells. But they appear to be anti-sxs! No Dickinson sxs, no Savage Fox A
Grade, no Hatfield sxs. Only CZ sxs are the hammerguns.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 02:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
Good prices on the 16 ga. ammo I looked at. Might have them send a flat of Fiocchi Golden Pheasants my way.

The Aguila shells I have shot were stiff to say the least. I would approach with caution. Those were given to me by someone who thought that they were too hot as well. In a modern gun they were fine to shoot but I never went back for more. Most likely they load to all levels just as everybody else does so you might find shells which are fine for your use.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson

The Aguila shells I have shot were stiff to say the least. I would approach with caution. Those were given to me by someone who thought that they were too hot as well. In a modern gun they were fine to shoot but I never went back for more. Most likely they load to all levels just as everybody else does so you might find shells which are fine for your use.

Thanks!
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 03:31 PM
Have never ordered from them but looking at their web site have never seen such a variety and quality of 16 gauge ammunition offered anywhere else. Incredible!
Stan,
You probably owe some schlub driving a truck for a delivery company more thanks than the store involved.
The UPS man drove down my street at 9:30PM last night-followed by a mail truck.Those people work hard this time of year.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/21/17 10:30 PM
You're probably right about that, Ted. However, if the company hadn't processed it very quickly the UPS man would've never had the chance to deliver it at 7 p.m. on the second day.

UPS delivery people have a very good job, with great pay and benefits. I've only known one to quit his job, and he did so to start farming...................as Fred Sanford used to say "You big dummy".

SRH
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/22/17 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan

UPS delivery people have a very good job, with great pay and benefits. I've only known one to quit his job, and he did so to start farming...................as Fred Sanford used to say "You big dummy".

SRH

Unless maybe that guy saw a way to get a lot of his land into govt programs . . . and keep it in the programs. I think the 2nd half of that is the trickier part. Lots of what used to be CRP isn't any more, and won't likely be in the future.
I have purchased a bunch of rifle ammunition from this supplier in the past. Their prices do seem fair and their shipping is more than fair.

Stan, could you send a link to the Interceptor loads? I can't seem to find them. Do they come in shot sizes different than #8? Also is the #8 US size?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/22/17 03:24 PM
Here you go. Sorry, it seems there's been a run on the 1 oz. loads I use since I ordered mine Monday, or possibly since I started the thread about Hinterland. They're out of stock. They are sold in 1 oz. and 1 1/8 oz. #8s, and also in size 8 1/2.

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/fio...xes-p-6001.html

SRH

P.S. I never bothered to measure the shot, that I can recall. All I know is they are bad medicine on close rabbit targets.
Posted By: Stallones Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/22/17 08:21 PM
I have been ordering Shotshells from academy.com with NO shipping, Just rvd two flats of Super X 20 ga for 49,95 each plus tax and no shipping.
This may only be for Texas however.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/23/17 02:11 AM
I've bought many, many flats of shells from Academy, too. And, I like doing business with them. But, they don't carry the Fiocchi Interceptors or the 3/4 oz. .410s in 8 1/2s.

SRH
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/23/17 04:40 PM
Gotta give Hinterland more credit - their site is nicely arranged, easy to navigate, and loads quickly. Gonna have to keep them in mind.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Excellent service from a retailer - 12/23/17 07:36 PM
Looks like another good option. I have used: SGAmmo, Able's, and Selway Armory in the past with 100% satisfaction.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com