doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: MarketHunter Duxbak..... - 11/18/17 02:53 PM
Nothing to do with double guns obviously, but I thought some of the guys here might be interested in knowing the old Duxbak Company is back from the dead. Their first few products are available on the website and through Mack's Prairie Wings. More stuff to come and inventory is selling out fast so be patient. Mostly all USA manufactured too, which is the best part.

https://duxbak.com
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Duxbak..... - 11/18/17 02:55 PM
I like that shell vest! Got to have a strap vest down here though...Geo
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Duxbak..... - 11/18/17 10:23 PM
Probably Chinese duxs....
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Duxbak..... - 11/19/17 11:27 PM
Fabrique en Chine is ok. They make very, very nice clothing for Orvis that was once made in England, Italy, France,..... Their tools no longer bend. I have no problemo buying stuff Fabrique en Chine because they saved my people twice once in late 50s and once in late 70s. I have deep respect for Chinese people and their rich cultural heritage.
Posted By: keith Re: Duxbak..... - 11/20/17 06:53 AM
Well then, maybe you should sell your Obama-phone and use the proceeds to buy one of those Norinco double shotguns Jagermeister. Then you would actually own a double gun at long last. They're pretty nice guns too... sturdy as a tent peg, and just as attractive. It would look great in the gun rack next to the cheap Chinese bolt action .22 that you rent.

I'm still blown away by the idea that anyone would actually rent a cheap Chinese .22 rifle. And you just gotta respect how the Chinese execute political prisoners and then charge the familiy of the deceased dissident for the bullet. Makes me want to buy a couple Chinese shell vests.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Duxbak..... - 11/20/17 11:38 AM
Good to see you post again, Destry. How about catching us up on your duck hunting ............ and pics, it's been awhile. I always enjoy reports of your travels and hunts.

SRH
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Duxbak..... - 11/20/17 02:19 PM
I have an original child's Duxbak hunting coat in old-style camo as well as a child's Duxbak strap game bag in tan canvas that are in top shape. Plan to give them to my grand daughter when she gets big enough.
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Duxbak..... - 11/23/17 07:29 PM
Correction: I just looked at them and they are the old "Canvasback" brand.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/537228395/vintage-1960s-60s-canvasback-duck-tan
JR
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Duxbak..... - 11/29/17 07:19 PM
Stan,

My season has been slow so far, had a couple decent hunts in Ontario but that's about it so far. Planning a little southern tour the week after Christmas if there is any weather happening.

Dad and I did make a trip to Nilo Farms for their preserve style shooting and had a fine time. Watch for an upcoming article in Take 'Em Waterfowl Journal about it.

How about you? Any travels upcoming?

Destry
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Duxbak..... - 11/29/17 11:44 PM
As always, a trip or two to eastern Arkansas. I have good friends I hunt with in the L'Anguille R. bottoms near Forrest City, and some others down around Marianna, on the big White R. The usual drifts for woodies here, and doves every chance. Had to miss a dove shoot last Saturday. I'm getting too long in the tooth to be letting work interfere with dove shoots.

Don't be a stranger.

All my best, SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com