doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: justin Clever shoshells - 10/07/17 08:54 PM
Does anyone know the psi of the 12 gauge 7/8 oz. lite load from clever?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Clever shoshells - 10/07/17 11:15 PM
Have you tried emailing them to ask?

They would be the most reliable source of information, aside from sending five to Tom.

SRH
Posted By: justin Re: Clever shoshells - 10/08/17 12:19 AM
I'm hesitant to beleive anything from manufacturers. Inquiries tend to go to the sales dept.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Clever shoshells - 10/08/17 02:35 AM
Okay, fair enough answer. But, if you wouldn't believe the manufacturer why would you believe someone on here which you do not know?

Would you believe Tom Armbrust if you sent him 5 shells for pressure testing? That's how I find out when I really want to know.

SRH
Posted By: Replacement Re: Clever shoshells - 10/08/17 03:17 AM
OK, here is an internet response from an unknown source, but not on the 12 ga loads. I bought a couple flats of Clever Mirage 20 ga Featherlites for doves. Have a torn rotator cuff and a new Win SX3 to protect the shoulder a little. The Clevers killed doves just fine, but pressure was so low that they would not reliably cycle the new gun. The SX3 is supposed to be fine with light loads, so these must be pretty light.
Posted By: justin Re: Clever shoshells - 10/08/17 01:55 PM
Stan,yes I beleive Tom's work is accurate. Here's a guy who puts his name to his work and accepts his accountability. When I talk to Mike at IMR he is very quick to tell me that he is just reading figures off a screen and has no direct knowledge of this info.
Thanks Replacement,I too have a torn rotator cuff and though not stated in psi your evaluation is helpful
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Clever shoshells - 10/09/17 02:25 PM
I love it when I hear someone pronounce these as "cleavers".
JR
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Clever shoshells - 10/10/17 09:24 PM
They are imported by Brownells Crow division, they should know.

bill
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com