doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Hussey fans take heart - 06/17/17 10:49 AM
I see on Sportarm's web site they now own the Hussey name(Ithought Atkin Grant & Lang owned it).
HJ HUSSEY

4TH NOVEMBER 2016 0 COMMENT(S)
Sportarm have owned HJ Hussey since 2008 with the intention of reproducing and manufacturing the highly regarded Imperial Sidelock model, which was considered by many to be equal in quality to the best London makers.
In 2015 we searched the industry looking for the best craftsman to commission and start production of the first six new Imperial’s. With actions cast the traditional way and barrels bored and struck by hand the completed guns will be in a class of there own, properly air dried and time served well seasoned walnut, rich in colour and grain has been selected to adorn and balance these fine models.
These are exciting times as the launch date becomes ever closer.
Another reason for developing and reintroducing the HJ Hussey brand is to produce a range of clothing, labelled leather goods and accessories, our thought process has always and make a better product than is already available, small tweaks in design can make a huge difference to the user. A full range is available to view at our Dorchester shop.
Posted By: DLH Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/17/17 06:31 PM
Interesting. Does Sportarm have the Hussey records?
Posted By: trw999 Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/17/17 10:41 PM
Yes apparently they do.

They have been threatening to produce new Hussey guns for some time. Perhaps they are waiting for orders!

Tim
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/17/17 10:50 PM
I don't see the point of this exercise.
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 12:23 AM
I have always wanted a matched pair of Husseys
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 02:04 PM
I know the next resurrection will be the well known firm of Alfred Hollis.
Posted By: gunut Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
I have always wanted a matched pair of Husseys

Twins.....??....
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 02:49 PM
It does not hurt to have another six fine doubles made but not going to change anything that much. From the article it seems like they are more interested in the accessories as the guns. Most likely more money in that area to be made.
Posted By: DLH Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: trw999
Yes apparently they do.

They have been threatening to produce new Hussey guns for some time. Perhaps they are waiting for orders!

Tim

Tim:

Have you contacted sportarm and asked about access to the records?
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 03:53 PM
I knew quite a few Husseys in my youth. I wish I knew more now.
Posted By: DLH Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 05:27 PM
Just emailed Sportarm and will share any responses.
Posted By: Gr8day Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 06:22 PM
I recently bought an Imperial Ejector for around 6K. The gun is sleeved, but still you couldn't make a new equivalent gun for anywhere close to that.

Posted By: DLH Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/18/17 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Gr8day
I recently bought an Imperial Ejector for around 6K. The gun is sleeved, but still you couldn't make a new equivalent gun for anywhere close to that.

Thanks for sharing a photo. Thats certainly a beautiful gun and you are correct about duplication cost! I have a pair of the Imperial Ejectors that look very much the same. What is your gun's number?
Posted By: Gr8day Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/19/17 12:55 AM
S/N deleted. It's a game gun FYI.
Posted By: DLH Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/19/17 01:31 AM
Yes sir, as are mine. Hopefully, Sportarm has the records so we can learn more about our guns.
Posted By: Bartlett Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/19/17 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken61
I knew quite a few Husseys in my youth. I wish I knew more now.

Were they brazen husseys ? smile

Jeremy
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/19/17 02:41 AM
Nice gun. I have always enjoyed the Hussey "house" engraving style. Apparently Hussey was a bit of a charlatan businessman, but he certainly could make a nice gun.
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/19/17 04:40 AM
An Ejector Hussey doesn't sound all that desirable.
Posted By: Hussey Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/20/17 01:45 AM
Have two; one sleeved with a butt transplant and 30" barrels, the other intact as original with 28" barrels. Engraving on both is wonderful and they handle beautifully afield. Best part: I'm not afraid to take either into the grouse woods.
Posted By: DLH Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/20/17 09:14 PM
Just received a reply from Sportarm and yes, they are in possession of some of the Hussey records and would be happy to look up my guns. So, good news for Hussey owners.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Hussey fans take heart - 06/21/17 10:13 AM
Also heard from them yesterday and 12 bore guns are going to be produced.
I just hope they stay true to what HJ would be proud of. But as I have seen Sportarm does nothing but first class
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com