doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SWAMPMAN gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 04:27 PM
Working with my lawyer I recently completed the difficult task of determining the disposition of my meager assets upon my eventual demise. While as far as I know I should be around a good while longer, ya just never know. The question is "What should be come of my gun collection?". I could begin to sell them now and put the cash away.I know the value of some odd ball stuff I have. I could just die and then I won't have to worry about it. I have a list of guns my kids want so they are covered. None of them want to get the whole works. Recently a friend of mine passed on. His wife loaded all the guns into her SUV and sold them to a local dealer who gave her as far as I can see about 35 cents on the dollar. I have seen the list.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Swampman
Keep easy to move stuff at fair price and move the harder to sell stuff or stuff for which the market is dwindling down from year to year.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 05:02 PM
I have detailed written instructions for the selling or passing on of my guns, tools, wood and stock blanks. Guns were easy. Kids know what they want and the rest gets split into two groups. The best goes to a local dealero on a consignment basis, while the rest will goes to an auction house to be sold over three to four auctions. Don't want my wife or kids to be stuck trying to sell my guns over a year or so time. Bundle them up and drop them off or have them picked up, let others do it for a fee.

When my brother died I had to dispose of all of his stuff. It took me three days to separate things out and another week to move them out. Cleaning crew, painting crew, cleaning crew again, then real estate agent. In three weeks his house as on the market and under contract shortly the after. About a third of his stuff went to Craigslist, same to goodwill and the rest to friends and family. Everything was sold and gone in less than a week. The only rule I had was that I was not going to bring any of it home with me. God knows I've got enough stuff already.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 05:56 PM
I have a list of my meager collection (and estimated values) which I have given to my two daughters and their husbands. When I die, the S-I-L's will take what they want, and I assume make a financial adjustment if needed. The remainder will go to Jaqua's. The stuff that is hard to dispose of is the gun junque in the basement - Loaders, dies, powder,shot, etc. Thankfully, that stuff won't amount to a huge sum, but will represent a bunch of wasted time. Now how do you rid of a 30 gun custom made safe?
Good topic to bring up. I agree somewhat with tudurgs and have discussed it with my family. My son and son-in-law will have the guns they want, the rest going to a trusted and frequented local gun shop whose owner I'm friends with and knows my wishes.
In fact, My wife and I are going to a lwayer this week to have a will finally made up after many years of putting it off. Like SWAMPMAN said, we're never sure of our "expiration date". Me, I want to hit the ground like a well spent shotshell. I don't believe God subtracts the time from a man's life spent hunting gamebirds.
I want to also note that my gun book collection and gun room stuff will be going to a well known sporting book dealer in the area. Almost forgot all the other stuff!
Karl
Posted By: ed good Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 06:30 PM
pass it on now...you came in with nothing...go out the same...
Ed,
In throry that's true, but I still need some stuff to continue having fun. I did however get rid of things that I haven't used in quite awhile, some O/U's for instance.
I've heard a phrase that "he who dies with the most toys wins". That can be quite a hardship for the family left behind. That was my reason for thinning out the flock in the first place.
Karl
Posted By: skeettx Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 06:54 PM
Wife has been told to put all the gun stuff in the dumpster when i die.

My shooting buddies have been informed to gather at the dumpster the day after the funeral.

Mike
The kids bought me a t shirt years ago that said

"He who dies with the most toys - still dies"

At some point as I age. I will thin it out

If the unexpected happens too soon I hope friends will help and that in the long run that will be the least concern of my passing
It will be interesting to see what happens to gun prices as the 'Boomers age. Antiques are not selling as well as they did in years past. I suspect that guns...particularly old guns...will take a major dive in value. Millenials don't want them...
Posted By: tut Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 07:31 PM
I have gone to the Nations Gun Show outside of D.C. for years. Used to be a number of collectable guns were there. Now its everything from beef jerkey to black guns and more pistols and ammo then what the Marine Corp has in inventory. Agree with Little Creek. Most of those under 40 don't give a crap about old stuff. I know someone whose mother/father passed away. They called the local antique dealer and said to bring a big truck and a haul all that crap away. I'm sure he paid them something. Then it was off to Belfort and other furniture places to buy new stuff which is pretty much crap as compared to how they built furniture a 100 years ago.
No one in the family wants my stuff.

I've just recently begun to thin out and upgrade. I figure I can get myself down to 10-15 shotguns, 10-15 rifles, 10 handguns. That's manageable. I'll be selling off things to pay for trips to use the ones I'm keeping.

There's a lot of cash in those drawers of vintage scopes and sights.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 07:55 PM
Karl - Are you aware that there is a gunshop owner in the Detroit area with your last name?
Posted By: Jack K Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 08:07 PM
My wife said she's having a yard sale when I pass. Most all my friends know this and are planning to be there!!
Posted By: Mark II Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 08:09 PM
Please don't let my wife sell the stuff for what I told her I bought it for!:)
Posted By: keith Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 08:46 PM
I keep seeing these opinions that the Millenials and younger generation have no interest in the vintage guns most of us like. There are repeated dire predictions that prices and values will tumble.

But year after year, with the exception of relatively short blips caused by recessions or bear markets, the prices of these old guns keeps ratcheting upward.

None of us knows when we will croak. For that reason, we need to let our wives or kids know just what we have and what it's worth so they don't get taken by the circling vultures that frequently smell death. I recently showed one daughter a couple MMC Checkering tools and asked her what she thought they might be worth. She looked at the tiny handpieces and estimated that they might be worth about $25.00 each. She thought the teeny dime sized extra carbide cutters might be worth a buck or two. I showed her some printouts of recent sales on Ebay where MMC Tools sold in excess of $750.00 without the Foredom CC motor and 8D hand piece to drive them, or the extra cutters. Those printouts of completed actual sales are in the boxes with them so that hopefully she will be intelligent enough to not give away valuable items that may not appear so valuable to someone who is not familiar with the item.

On the other hand, a friend texted me some pictures yesterday of a small gun collection that an elderly widow he knows wishes to dispose of. Each one had a Post-It-Note stuck on the buttstock by her late husband, with his estimate of valuation. A couple were on the low side, while most were the kind of extremely high wishful thinking 100% condition prices we see on guns that are relisted for years on Gunbroker and other sites. The only double was a well used brown roach Ithaca Crass 12 ga. with a poor replacement forend. I have no idea if the barrels are pitted, etc. His little note stuck to the stock said "Ithaca double- At least $500.00 on the low end." Uh, no... unless he has some provenance that it was owned by Teddy Roosevelt or something. I will be advising my friend to watch some actual completed sales of the same guns in similar condition on Gunbroker to get a more realistic idea of value.
One final note. I've told my two closest hunting friends along with my family, that those dear friends should each get one of the favorite guns to have in my memory. I really can't think of a better way be be remembered by my two closest friends than to carry those two guns afield and hunt fine birds in my memory. I just turned 70 and am starting to view possesions differntly than I did when I was much younger. I'm sure some of you here know what I am talking about.
tudurgs, yes as I have gone to that gun store a couple of times. Turns out we are related by quite some distance. The store really only deals in protection postols, black guns, and the like. Michigun was the store I was talking about, who carrys the nicer stuff, and I've known the family for years.
Karl
Posted By: Der Ami Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 09:16 PM
Karl,
I'm older than you and still buying. I plan to hang a number tag on each one, and in a book; list a description, source(especially family guns), and estimated value of each one, including instructions about loading dies, how to make cases, etc. I hope I live long enough.
Mike
Der Ami,
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Life is short........hunt more birds!
Karl
I'm not sure about millennials not being interested in older firearms. They may not be now, but that could certainly change as they like us grow older.

Example, when I was 16 I obtained an Ithaca Model 37 in 16 gauge. My best friend obtained a Remington 870 in 12 gauge. To us, it was all about fast operating action and shells in the magazine. Why would anybody want to be restricted to two shots or worse a single-barrel? Those old doubles were "grandpa's guns" relics of the past that should be hung over the mantel or traded for a pump or semi-auto.

As we got older, we tended to enjoy the history and craftsmanship of older, better guns. My best friend turned to classic Winchester rifles, me towards Parker shotguns.

Working in a museum, I encounter plenty of millennials. Almost all of them are fascinated by the antique and vintage arms held in the collection. Granted, some are surprised that those guns "actually worked," but they have interest.

Remember, our great-grandfathers thought the next group was doomed, then the next, next, etc.

Just my thoughts....
Posted By: moses Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 09:51 PM
I have been on the buying end of a few dispersal sales, as would most of us here.
Anything will sell at fair market value.
Do we buyers always look for a bargain deal ?
We all know that we will not get rich on average guns.
There are always young & upcoming. Just do some living history re-enactments to see this. Give them a fair go at becoming a young collector.
The dealers can whistle for it IMHO. Did they not gouge me ?
O.M
Posted By: KY Jon Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 10:28 PM
Write it down. Make sure multiple people know about the book. Does no good if the one person you tell goes with you or before you. Go over the book every year and update it. Add as well as deduct guns you have sold, traded or given away. Write down which guns you wan to go to each kid. Write down if they can all pick what they want. I put purchase price in the book. This might be dangerous to some but I'll be dead so what can the do to me then.

As I said before some guns go to consignment and I have an estimated value for them. Guns promised to kids and friends are listed. But as far as I am concerned they can alter anything they want as long as they agree. I just writte it down so they have a starting point and a way to dispose of my toys. Just give them a clue.
Posted By: builder Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/29/17 10:35 PM
I took my 26 year old out to shoot sporting clays. He has only gone a few times. I brought along a C grade fox 12 and a Benelli Montefeltro 12 for him. He grabbed the Fox and I asked him if he preferred the Benelli. He thought the Fox was cool and shot it well, especially for a newbie. An older son, 46, did the same thing to me on another outing. Also an occasional shooter, he did well and enjoyed it. He felt it did not make any difference what gun it was. Neither shoots often due to work and family obligations. Surprised me but next time I will bring two sxs's.
Originally Posted By: tut
I have gone to the Nations Gun Show outside of D.C. for years. Used to be a number of collectable guns were there. Now its everything from beef jerkey to black guns and more pistols and ammo then what the Marine Corp has in inventory. Agree with Little Creek. Most of those under 40 don't give a crap about old stuff. I know someone whose mother/father passed away. They called the local antique dealer and said to bring a big truck and a haul all that crap away. I'm sure he paid them something. Then it was off to Belfort and other furniture places to buy new stuff which is pretty much crap as compared to how they built furniture a 100 years ago.

Went to local one last weekend. There were about half a dozen spots with double guns/classic guns. Same guys behind tables with same overpriced guns they had couple of years ago. I guess that is why these are called Gun SHOWS not Gun Sales, or Gun Buys.
I attended an auction a few years ago that was operated as a yard sale with auctioneer. I was surprised whom I saw at that auction. It was advertised out of the area in gun publications and the prices brought were at or above retail. Some guns with warts were bargains, but that's the way it should be. This is the way I would prefer to do it.
I only have a few guns (especially compared to some of the folks here) but I wanted to make sure things were taken care of properly, especially since I live alone. Last year, before an extended overseas work assignment, I sat down and wrote my own LWT. I've done it more times than I can count for others - part of the job. I went through and designated just about every gun for some friend or other who would enjoy it. "Specific bequests" I think the professors called it. Same with the fly rods and reels, fishing gear, etc. And the same with some other stuff around the house, stuff that the unknowing or ill-informed might look at as just so much junk (that bowl on the dresser with the odds and ends in it is Chinese Export Ware circa 1800, not WallyWorld stoneware, thank you very much). I included instructions to my designated executor about who to consult/retain as an attorney and for what purpose (one guy for regular stuff, one for aviation - both lawyers I respect), distinguished between "suggestions", "urging", and "directing", instructions on how to close up my pratice (such as it is) and made clear I had cut certain persons out for good reasons and on purpose.
It wound up being pretty long and involved, but it accurately expressed what I wanted at that time. I have to update it - I've acquired more since and need to get it in.
It would have cost a good bit to have me do this professionally, but it cost me a day-plus of time to do it. I slept well and still do.
Originally Posted By: Karl Graebner
One final note. I've told my two closest hunting friends along with my family, that those dear friends should each get one of the favorite guns to have in my memory. I really can't think of a better way be be remembered by my two closest friends than to carry those two guns afield and hunt fine birds in my memory. I just turned 70 and am starting to view possesions differntly than I did when I was much younger. I'm sure some of you here know what I am talking about.
tudurgs, yes as I have gone to that gun store a couple of times. Turns out we are related by quite some distance. The store really only deals in protection postols, black guns, and the like. Michigun was the store I was talking about, who carrys the nicer stuff, and I've known the family for years.
Karl

I wrote something similar into my will. Leaving one shotgun to a friend with my compliments and noting I was giving it to him because he really needed a better gun, like mine. Leaving another to another friend "who has long admired it". Fishing gear to friends in memory of our many trips together. Other guns to another friend to enjoy with his sons.
If these are people you love, they deserve to know it one more time.
Posted By: gunut Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/30/17 01:22 AM
was thinking about having the wife call the newspaper and take all my guns and throw them in the drive way and have them run over by a big steam roller.....
Some of you may know or remember John Allen, who I believe once managed the gun business for Dunns and later owned and operated the Orvis store in Nashville for many years. Last I saw him, he now specializes in helping individuals or families dispose of their gun collections at what I thought appeared to be a very reasonable fee. I'll try to find his contact info tomorrow after my friends and I have killed an enormous quantity of skeets. Anybody else with that information may feel free to post it for me.

Edit: You can contact John at 615-403-0593 or email fas@firearmsappraisalservices.com. "How much is my gun collection worth and what will happen to it after I am gone?"

Emmett Boylan
One thing I have thought of is selling a gun or two and using the money to go on a trip, or have a dog trained. Something other than paying the bills!
I had a meeting this morning with my attorney to discus updating my will. Among the things we discussed was my small gun and sporting art collection. At my age,77,I felt that it was high time to get my stuff together and make some decisions. I am thinking about sending a good portion to James Julia and use the funds derived from their sale to help my daughter (who is suffering from stage four brain cancer but presently is doing well) and hopefully to travel some with her. Someone recently told me that they had never seen a hearse pulling a U-Haul trailer. Other than the few family items that my kids might want I think that I'm about ready to let someone else enjoy what I have accumulated over the past sixty odd years (and believe me some of them were very odd)

Best Regards, George
Posted By: gold40 Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/30/17 06:41 AM

At age 76, I have been gradually selling many of my firearms on gunbroker.com.

The proceeds go into "529 college funds" for my grandchildren. The selling seems less painful, knowing it will benefit the grandkids.

Unfortunately, none of my kids have any interest in owning guns.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/30/17 02:37 PM
Karl,
I really wish I could hunt more birds, I loved it better than anything. I can hardly walk to my truck "nowdays", I sure can't follow a dog anymore. I still enjoy thinking about it though. I can still drive close to a ground blind and hunt deer. Last year something flushed a covey across the food plot, and that really made me wish for better days again.
Mike
Der Ami,
We all wish for better days, I know I do. I try to spend every bird season as if it were my last. Instead of sitting at home on New Year's day, I went hunting on the last day of our grouse season. Sometimes I start to realise my limits, but I do what I can. I'm really looking forward to next bird season already!
Karl
I am 35. If anyone is concerned about their best grade SLE's gathering dust and need someone to take them out for a spin on some canned birds in Georgia, feel free to let me know smile

In the meantime, I am content with my Lang BLNE and eagerly am awaiting the return of the barrels from Ken61.

BTW, for those lamenting the lack of youth in the hobby, I am constantly trying to sell my contemporaries on the finer things: doubles, fly-fishing and vintage cars and motorcycles. There is hope.
Dan,
I can't remember when I was 35! I'm glad to see that at your age you are able to appreciate the finer things that I could only realise in my 50's. You have a very nice head atart.
Life is short.....write the check!
Karl
Originally Posted By: Dan S. W.
I am 35. If anyone is concerned about their best grade SLE's gathering dust and need someone to take them out for a spin on some canned birds in Georgia, feel free to let me know smile

In the meantime, I am content with my Lang BLNE and eagerly am awaiting the return of the barrels from Ken61.

BTW, for those lamenting the lack of youth in the hobby, I am constantly trying to sell my contemporaries on the finer things: doubles, fly-fishing and vintage cars and motorcycles. There is hope.

Thank you for turning this topic to the positive side. Quite frankly if it wasn't for you soon I would have needed something to wipe my tears off with.
I attest to being of sound mind and body....and do solemnly volunteer to be "heir apparent" for anyone who is lacking such a warm body to bequeath their toys to...;-)
Big of you, Dave. I'll carve your name in the black painted and automotive chip-guarded stock of my New Haven model 500 pump, so they know where to send it, freight collect, when I kack.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: WBLDon Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 01:40 AM
Great, after reading this thread I guess I am going to have to rethink my plan. All this time I figured I would send em ahead so I had something to shoot on the other side figuring if I sent them the wrong direction they could always forward them. Guess I will need to rethink my exit strategy... LOL..

All kidding aside I have a spiral notebook that I dedicate a page to each gun as well as details about it such and date manufactured, length of the shells to use, if it is steel compatible or not, etc. I include what I paid and what I feel the current value is along with any special contacts I have that family can reach out to for help. If I sell or trade the gun I mark the page accordingly and remove it from the book and put it in a ring binder in case I need to refer to it. My Wife and Kids know that they are welcome to any of the guns they want and that the prices are really based on what someone is willing to pay.

WBLDon
I would say the best thing to do is to sell the guns one doesn't need and spend the money on themselves.
I have a bit of an idea to reward our friends and protect our spouses from being cheated out of the true value of our guns and paraphernalia. Build a computer file or a card file of individual items you wish to dispose of after your death. Pair up each item with a friend who would be interested in that item. Price each item at about 60% of its true value and don't include any tire kickers on your list. Don't overestimate the value of any of your stuff on the list. Have your wife invite all of the people on your list to your house on a nice spring day. Serve food and drink. Your friends should step up to the plate, and your wife will probably get more than she would if she consigned them to a dealer or an auction. If some idiot chooses to refuse the offer, the other guys are there to take up the slack. Your widow may even score a new husband. I would be very happy to sell my stuff at 60% if I could do it in one day. Your thoughts??
you'd need younger friends
Posted By: keith Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I would say the best thing to do is to sell the guns one doesn't need and spend the money on themselves.

This statement is pretty dumb. I buy guns because I enjoy them, and when I do it, I am spending money on myself. Ta-da!

It's not our fault that "Hope and Change" left you stretched so thin that you are constantly reduced to drooling on the counters of gun shops and endlessly tire-kicking.

Jagermeister's Gun Buying Fantasy

Even more pathetic is being reduced to putting relatively inexpensive guns on Layaway, coming here to brag about your latest acquisition, and then reneging on the deal because you can't afford it.

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
At one time or another but not at same time I had several guns on layaway. A 20ga Ithaca NID, Ithaca Deluxe Solid Rib ca.1955, 16ga Browning Citori, Remington 870 Police Magnum. I have chosen not to complete sale on any of those. My last gun I bought was 16ga Remington 1100 with 26" barrel. I would show you pics, but I would not want to put you into unfair situation.

I'll bet you're the only guy who posts here that doesn't own even one double barreled gun. Do they have a forum for guys who put guns on Layaway and rent cheap Chinese .22 rimfire rifles? I'd suggest we take up a collection for you, but you'd probably give the money to one of your favored anti-gun Liberal left Democrats.
Posted By: moses Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 09:42 PM
I will be your friend.
O.M
Osthaus, I not only would need younger friends, I would need more friends. I plan to get them here and on other friendly chat rooms. Geography is a bit of a problem, but it would be addressed when making the "list'.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
I have a bit of an idea to reward our friends and protect our spouses from being cheated out of the true value of our guns and paraphernalia. Build a computer file or a card file of individual items you wish to dispose of after your death. Pair up each item with a friend who would be interested in that item. Price each item at about 60% of its true value and don't include any tire kickers on your list. Serve food and drink. Your friends should step up to the plate, and your wife will probably get more than she would if she consigned them to a dealer or an auction. If some idiot chooses to refuse the offer, the other guys are there to take up the slack. Your widow may even score a new husband. Your thoughts??
[b][/b]

And then she gets to do this garden party all over again someday.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 10:13 PM
Eightbore, while I might be in for the guns I have found wives to be a far more expensive collection to acquire. wink Worse no amount of refinishing will put them into high condition shape past a certain vintage.
Bill,

Are you going to make it to the Southern? I have "something else" I need to dispose of. wink

SRH
Vintage wives doesn't sound too good. How about a bespoke wife? Made exactly to order. Wouldn't that be nice?

SRH
Posted By: moses Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 10:24 PM
Thought I had one of those but it went off face.
O.M
Posted By: KY Jon Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 03/31/17 10:51 PM
Stan, I think more than one husband has paid for a bespoke "pair" for his bespoke wife or girl friend. Some pay after the divorce.

I have one friend who was 25 years older than his wife who went another way. After he retired he let her go to her plastic SX so much many people thought she was going to marry the SX. She had breast implant, tummy tuck, butt lift, face lift, you name it. She got a complete rebuild and he said he got to see what the next husband would have gotten for free but 10-15 years earlier. Better yet he said that by the time he dies he figured she would need another rebuild if still possible. Some rebuilds are just not possible due to age.......
Stan,
Bespoke does sound nice. Perhaps in my next life, along with perfect bird coverts, dogs, guns, gauge, chokes, barrel lengths, and weather.
Come to think of it, sometimes I'm blessed to have that now!
Karl
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 04/01/17 10:22 PM
Like any fine double, most of the pleasure comes from wearing some of the shine off of its' original condition. wink
Choose the finest you can find and afford from the beginning.
Original condition, "As New". Fits me perfectly.
Married 35 years this week.

Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 04/01/17 10:42 PM
Sweet!!

But if she ever knew you were posting her picture here to all these perverts she'd have you by the throat.

None the less, she's very pretty!

(Looks like a 4-bore barrel pointed at her backside)
Guys,
I've been married 43 years to a wonderful wife that I'm dure I don't deserve, and I feel blessed.
Karl
Originally Posted By: Stan
Vintage wives doesn't sound too good. How about a bespoke wife? Made exactly to order. Wouldn't that be nice?

SRH

I've not been entirely square with you guys. I've been married (once) to the girl of my dreams for 45 years, and if I had to do it over I wouldn't do it any different. Just cutting' up.

SRH
Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
Like any fine double, most of the pleasure comes from wearing some of the shine off of its' original condition. wink
Choose the finest you can find and afford from the beginning.
Original condition, "As New". Fits me perfectly.
Married 35 years this week.

Happy Anniversary, Bob.

SRH
Posted By: Brian Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 04/02/17 12:37 AM
so far I have done 37 years for a crime I didn't commit!!!
seriously though
my plan for disposing of my stuff?
I have an agreement with a well known national firearms auction house. I prearranged a set commission (slightly below their normal ) on my collection, a different commission to sell al of my accessories, books, ammo etc. and when I die they are contacted, come and empty everything out and in a number of months send my estate a check for the sold amount less commissions.
no one showing up at my widows door telling her that "I always said I would sell them my Fox CE 20 for 500 bucks".
market value for all of my stuff. no long term consignment sales and delays. clean, quick and done in one shot
Lucky for you, Stan, and some of you others.

My "wife" is certainly bespoke- way too much. Besides report, the other gunning analogy that comes to mind is felt recoil.

Mike
Originally Posted By: wingshooter16

My "wife" is certainly bespoke- way too much. Besides report, the other gunning analogy that comes to mind is felt recoil.

Mike

grin

SRH
Posted By: Der Ami Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 04/02/17 02:11 PM
My wife and I have over a half century of married life, and we dated 5 years before that. I learned, from watching what happened to my friends, that it is cheaper to keep the same old woman you had ,all those years.
Mike
The best way is to move "metal & wood" one does not use or need and spend money on numero uno themselves and numero dos their significant other. This also helps those left behind after ones demise. This is often called win-win situation.
Originally Posted By: wingshooter16

Mike

Now Mike, remember what I've been trying to coach you on. Everyone has positives and those are the things to dwell on. Why? Because it makes you a happier and better person. laugh

And eightbore.....I'd be pleased if you would consider me a candidate for "friend". The couple I currently have seem to think I have a few good qualities, although don't ask me what those could be. My ex wife is still nice to me and that must count for something. And my son has been brainwashed into believing, I mean thinks, the sun rises and set on me. He's only 12 so he'll snap out of that shortly. As far as distance to Maryland goes....I love to drive!
What James doesn't let on is that he has a minor in in human psychology/behaviour, and often has to remind me to think and do what is right- often not what I feel. He is a treasured friend. Mike
Der Ami,
I'd say that's a perfect track record, congratulations!
Karl
Posted By: Der Ami Re: gun collections disposition upon demise - 04/02/17 10:12 PM
Karl,
Thanks.
Mike
Now I'm blushing! Aw shucks!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com