doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: canvasback OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 08:16 PM
My sincere condolences regarding the cowardly attack on the public on Westminster Bridge and near the House of Parliament and for the death of one of your police officers and one of your citizens. I'm sure the location chosen was no accident. Westminster is arguably the seat of democracy and a powerful symbol of the rights of the individual against the tyranny of any type of autocratic rule.

Once again, the scourge known as Islamist terrorism makes itself known.
Posted By: eeb Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 08:25 PM
Well said.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 08:47 PM
Agree. I still can't comprehend why some British police officers remain unarmed while on duty. Off duty too, I imagine.
There are people that need shooting out there, after all.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:02 PM
Who you think's to blame the Islamic Terrorists or the idiot that let them take over England ?

I myself blame the idiots that let the Muslims into their country.
Posted By: Thruxton Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:17 PM
Which idiot is that then ?
Posted By: eugene molloy Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:35 PM
Canvasback, eeb,

Thank you.

My niece is a lawyer living and working in London; she crosses Westminster Bridge on foot at least twice a day, often more. She texted her mother and us to say missed the incident by about twenty minutes and is unharmed.

Eug
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:44 PM
There is a time for compassion ("to suffer together") and empathy ("to share someone else's hurt"). Hard to do so over the internet, but I'm grateful for the British response after 9/11, and am sorry for the human cost of this act of terror.

There is a (later) time for analysis and action.

This is not a good time to be an ass jOe.
Posted By: canvasback Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Who you think's to blame the Islamic Terrorists or the idiot that let them take over England ?

I myself blame idiots that let them in their country.

jOe, you idiot. Should I blame every American for the foolishness of those who allowed 20 million illegals to swamp your southern border? By voting to exit the EU, are not the Brits taking steps to rectify the problem and regain control over who crosses their borders? Similar to Americans voting electing Trump in an effort to regain control over your southern border?

Try to think for a minute before you just blurt out your latest bit of simple minded stupidity.
Posted By: canvasback Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:48 PM
Thank you Drew for posting a more compassionate response to jOe. He clearly needs it.
Posted By: Thruxton Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 09:51 PM
Thanks to all for your responses,its good to know who your friends are.
Posted By: James M Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 10:07 PM
My sympathies to these fellow citizens as well who are victims of a group who could care less who they harm and have little if anything to do with the so-called grievances of radical Islam.
This problem IMO has to be addressed with a coordinated effort from Great Britain, France, Canada and of course the United States as well as other countries unless we all wish to spend decades as armed camps.
We are extremely vulnerable here at this time and I frankly hate even tuning into the news.
Jim
Posted By: KY Jon Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 10:43 PM
My deepest sympathies to the victims of yet another shameless attack by Terrorist.

One more reason that every countries' first responsibility is to protect their borders so they can protect their citizens. We have failed in this for too many years. Those who want open borders are the same to not hesitate at spending others peoples money on things they feel are great causes. Time to close the borders and melt a few snowflakes.
Posted By: moses Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 11:04 PM
Once again all those here who basically feel the same way argue a point because of misunderstanding.
For anyone interested you may read the second epistle of John.
Especially nine ten & eleven.
O.M
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/22/17 11:13 PM
Job 2:11-13 would probably be better reading right now brother.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 01:11 AM
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

I myself blame idiots that let them in their country.

jOe, you idiot. Should I blame every American for the foolishness of those who allowed 20 million illegals to swamp your southern border?

Try to think for a minute before you just blurt out your latest bit of simple minded stupidity.

You're the simple minded stupid idiot...

The liberal idiots running our country in the ground is why we have 20 million illegals in our country.

Just like the idiots running the European countries are to blame for the Muslims taking over Europe. Unless the people wake up Europe is gone.

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

This is not a good time to be an ass jOe.

Dr. Drew it's better to be an ass than a Christian with my head stuck in the holy desert sands....are you not aware that we are in a Holly War with the Muslims ?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 02:39 AM
Yes, sincere condolences to our British friends.

What makes me sick was listening to that Prime Minister babble on and on. But this is not the time to go into that.
Posted By: Cary Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 04:06 AM
Originally Posted By: eugene molloy
Canvasback, eeb,

Thank you.

My niece is a lawyer living and working in London; she crosses Westminster Bridge on foot at least twice a day, often more. She texted her mother and us to say missed the incident by about twenty minutes and is unharmed.

Eug

Mr. Malloy, I share your elation at the safety of your daughter and your grief at the loss of a Policeman and a citizen. I shudder to think what it will take to stop these animals but whatever it takes, it's time to start doing it. Bless you, your family and your fellow Brits. Tonight, you're in my prayers.

Cary Nelson

Posted By: GETTEMANS Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:17 AM
Also my sincere condolences to all our British friends. I don't know if what happend in London is by coincidence or wanted. Just yesterday there was a remembrence day ( 1 yaer after the terrorist attack in Brussels National airport and Brussels Metro (subway) Maelbeek).
Marc.
Posted By: JohnfromUK Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:39 AM
As a UK member, can I say how grateful we are for the support from our allies (all over the world). These threats are not easy to prevent - and by supporting each other we will make better progress and reduce the risks for us all.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 09:08 AM
Until you get rid of your multi cultural society you have no hope....
Posted By: trw999 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 09:13 AM
I'm about to go off topic, but since it's already been done, here goes.

jOe said "Just like the idiots running the European countries are to blame for the Muslims taking over Europe". This is a crassly ignorant statement. The Muslims are not 'taking over' by any definition. Besides, the vast majority of those who are Muslim are decent, kindly people. This is a fact and I am not acting as any sort of an apologist, either. One of the strengths of both our nations is tolerance.

The fact is that a tiny number of so called radicalised Islamists are behind the acts of terrorism. They are disowned by the majority of Muslim followers. Basically these cowardly acts are committed by criminals, however much they may wish to dress it up as something else.

It was the same when I was a serving British Army officer and we were fighting terrorism on a daily basis. Those so called freedom fighters were nothing more than jumped up petty criminals.

So to get back to the original intent of this post, as a Brit I thank you for your expressions of support. The best remark I have heard so far was that the foremost name that will be remembered from yesterday is that of PC Keith Palmer, who gave his life serving his country. He had been a serving soldier before joining the police.

That of course is not to forget the three others who died yesterday and those who were wounded, some very seriously. My Christian prayers go out to all the individuals and families of those affected by the cowardly criminal act.

Tim
Posted By: JohnfromUK Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 09:37 AM
Originally Posted By: trw999

jOe said "Just like the idiots running the European countries are to blame for the Muslims taking over Europe". This is a crassly ignorant statement. The Muslims are not 'taking over' by any definition. Besides, the vast majority of those who are Muslim are decent, kindly people. This is a fact and I am not acting as any sort of an apologist, either. One of the strengths of both our nations is tolerance.

The fact is that a tiny number of so called radicalised Islamists are behind the acts of terrorism. They are disowned by the majority of Muslim followers. Basically these cowardly acts are committed by criminals, however much they may wish to dress it up as something else.

It was the same when I was a serving British Army officer and we were fighting terrorism on a daily basis. Those so called freedom fighters were nothing more than jumped up petty criminals.

So to get back to the original intent of this post, as a Brit I thank you for your expressions of support. The best remark I have heard so far was that the foremost name that will be remembered from yesterday is that of PC Keith Palmer, who gave his life serving his country. He had been a serving soldier before joining the police.

That of course is not to forget the three others who died yesterday and those who were wounded, some very seriously. My Christian prayers go out to all the individuals and families of those affected by the cowardly criminal act.

Tim

As another in the UK, I can 100% back this up.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 11:31 AM
I wish to apologize my government being responsible for destabilization of Middle East making environment conducive for creation of Islamic State therefore generating Middle Eastern Human Exodus into the EU and Great Britain. This would be administrations of our 43rd president and to slightly lesser extent our 44th one. While I agree vast majority Muslim immigrants are good people trying to escape to safety and make better life for themselves and their families having more of them in your country will likely lead to more sad incidents like this.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 11:38 AM
Originally Posted By: canvasback
My sincere condolences regarding the cowardly attack on the public on Westminster Bridge and near the House of Parliament and for the death of one of your police officers and one of your citizens. I'm sure the location chosen was no accident. Westminster is arguably the seat of democracy and a powerful symbol of the rights of the individual against the tyranny of any type of autocratic rule.

Once again, the scourge known as Islamist terrorism makes itself known.

I thank you for your kind and sincere words on my behaif. I agree 100% with what you have said.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 11:57 AM
I was in the UK about 6 weeks after 9/11. The support shown to their American guests was much appreciated.

Meanwhile, a local news story yesterday related how an Afghan now resident in Iowa--former interpreter for the US military--only managed to get an expedited hearing before an immigration judge because of the intervention of Senator Grassley. The Special Visa Program for such individuals has been reauthorized, but with a quota of only 1,500 visas per year. It's estimated that about 10,000 Afghans eligible for the program are waiting in Afghanistan . . . their lives in danger from the Taliban. And the US Embassy in Kabul has ceased conducting interviews for the program.

When some here--perhaps never even having worn their country's uniform--choose to pontificate upon whom should or should not be allowed to immigrate . . . let me say that I'd happily trade any of those individuals for Afghans and Iraqis who've put their lives on the line, working with our military in the war on terror.

The problem isn't shutting the door. Rather, it's making sure we're letting the right ones in. Keeping out those who've earned their way, just because of their nationality or religion, is wrong.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 12:37 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I was in the UK about 6 weeks after 9/11. The support shown to their American guests was much appreciated.

Meanwhile, a local news story yesterday related how an Afghan now resident in Iowa--former interpreter for the US military--only managed to get an expedited hearing before an immigration judge because of the intervention of Senator Grassley. The Special Visa Program for such individuals has been reauthorized, but with a quota of only 1,500 visas per year. It's estimated that about 10,000 Afghans eligible for the program are waiting in Afghanistan . . . their lives in danger from the Taliban. And the US Embassy in Kabul has ceased conducting interviews for the program.

When some here--perhaps never even having worn their country's uniform--choose to pontificate upon whom should or should not be allowed to immigrate . . . let me say that I'd happily trade any of those individuals for Afghans and Iraqis who've put their lives on the line, working with our military in the war on terror.

The problem isn't shutting the door. Rather, it's making sure we're letting the right ones in. Keeping out those who've earned their way, just because of their nationality or religion, is wrong.

Yes, we must do the right thing and hope for the best.
Posted By: SKB Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 12:56 PM
My thoughts are with all our British members. A sad day indeed.
Posted By: pooch Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 01:25 PM
Unfortunately no one in power is willing the address the the reason or cause of these attacks. Brown votes are more important then white lives.
Posted By: keith Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 02:30 PM
To read some of the remarks about this tragic attack, one might think this sort of thing is rare.

In the last 30 days, there were 131 Islamic attacks in 22 countries, in which 985 people were killed and 1093 injured. Here's some very interesting reading about Islam, the so-called Religion of Peace.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Once again, Larry and Jagermeister are making silly excuses for Muslim extremism. To listen to Jagermeister, you'd think this sort of thing began with George Bush 43. This battle has been going on for centuries, and planting your head in the sand, or pretending it isn't real isn't going to make it go away. Muslims are "only" six times more likely than the general population to commit acts of terror. The cult called Islam is different. Those who refuse to believe it are part of the problem.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
To read some of the remarks about this tragic attack, one might think this sort of thing is rare.

In the last 30 days, there were 131 Islamic attacks in 22 countries, in which 985 people were killed and 1093 injured. Here's some very interesting reading about Islam, the so-called Religion of Peace.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Once again, Larry and Jagermeister are making silly excuses for Muslim extremism. To listen to Jagermeister, you'd think this sort of thing began with George Bush 43. This battle has been going on for centuries, and planting your head in the sand, or pretending it isn't real isn't going to make it go away. Muslims are "only" six times more likely than the general population to commit acts of terror. The cult called Islam is different. Those who refuse to believe it are part of the problem.

Who should the Europeans blame for masses of refugees from mostly Muslim countries at their borders?
Posted By: keith Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Who should the Europeans blame for masses of refugees from mostly Muslim countries at their borders?

They sure as hell aren't running from George Bush, idiot. Nor are they running away from Israel. They are mostly running to get away from other Muslims. A lot of Arab Christians would have ran too, if they weren't exterminated in a largely ignored genocide. Have you noticed that Sunni's hate Shiites, and vice-versa? Did you check the link I provided and read about the large numbers of Muslims who are killed by other Muslims in these very frequent worldwide terror attacks?

I didn't think so. But why don't you tell us why a Liberal Left Democrat who supports and defends anti-gun politicians, and who doesn't even own any double guns... spends so much time on a double gun forum?

And you never did explain why you can't keep your stories straight about the guns you claim to own. Is it five, or is it seven. Do you really buy 16 gauge ammunition when you don't even own any 16 gauge guns? Why should we believe anything you say?
Posted By: James M Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:24 PM
Libtard line: Most of the Muslims are peace loving people who decry these attacks yada yada yada ----!
Sorry to bust those who think this way's bubble but I still remember the MSM suppressed images of large numbers of Muslim's dancing in the streets in multiple Middle Eastern Country's after 9/11.
Bottom line: The Koran calls for the annihilation of all infidels and NONE of these attacks would happen either here or in Europe if they were not allowed to enter these country's in the first place.
I would have preferred to have left this thread as a memorial to those needlessly killed but the deniers of radical Islam won't leave it that way.
Jim
Posted By: LGF Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:39 PM
Echoing Larry, I was in Kenya on 9/11 and was deeply touched by the shared grief, condolences, and support expressed by my British and white Kenyan friends. A very special relationship indeed.
Posted By: craigd Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:40 PM
I'm about to go off topic, but since it's already been done, here goes....

....The fact is that a tiny number of so called radicalised Islamists are behind the acts of terrorism. They are disowned by the majority of Muslim followers. Basically these cowardly acts are committed by criminals, however much they may wish to dress it up as something else....

....Tim

If off topic is okay, my understanding is that there are over eighty 'sharia' courts of law in England. Apparently, there is no legal sanction under British law for these 'courts', but they have been given government approval to operate if they have a non binding 'agreement' to not violate British law. My point is, maybe the majority characterize some things in a different way that is not quite assimilated with your more traditional norms.

Back on topic, I admit it's not so easy to engage on a personal level from so far away, but I extend heart felt thoughts to the victims and those closest to them.
Posted By: craigd Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:48 PM
....When some here--perhaps never even having worn their country's uniform--choose to pontificate upon whom should or should not be allowed to immigrate . . . let me say that I'd happily trade any of those individuals for Afghans and Iraqis who've put their lives on the line, working with our military in the war on terror....

Regardless of feelings, those that put their life on the line working with the US military are truly and factually an extremely tiny minority. And, I'd hope a true loyal soldier of any race, creed or national origin would be worthy of the same high esteem, more value than another US citizen.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 03:57 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
....When some here--perhaps never even having worn their country's uniform--choose to pontificate upon whom should or should not be allowed to immigrate . . . let me say that I'd happily trade any of those individuals for Afghans and Iraqis who've put their lives on the line, working with our military in the war on terror....

Regardless of feelings, those that put their life on the line working with the US military are truly and factually an extremely tiny minority. And, I'd hope a true loyal soldier of any race, creed or national origin would be worthy of the same high esteem, more value than another US citizen.

The people that helped over there need to be brought into USA and be helped in starting new life here. It is the only right thing to do.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 04:09 PM
There's a good reason America halted mass immigration in the 1920's. At that time large numbers of Eastern Europeans were coming in. Then, as is now, the vast majority were coming in search of a better life. However, it was also during the Soviet Union's policy of inciting worldwide revolution under Trotsky, and consequentially large numbers of Soviet subversives were coming in as well, mistakenly labeled Anarchists instead of Commies. The parallel is the same today with Radical Islam.

Mass immigration of unskilled individuals feeds Cloward and Piven doctrine, (destruction of Free Market Capitalism and overwhelming government programs) and is merely designed to vastly inflate the Welfare State in order to have them vote for Democrats.

It's no surprise C&P were frequent guests at the Clinton White House, nor that Obama went to Columbia, the home of Cloward & Piven.

Regards

Ken
Posted By: KY Jon Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 04:17 PM
The SS were a tiny minority. In fact they all seemed to be gone by the wars end. If you asked any German if they were a party member or SS and they all would reply that they were not. Never mind finding any from the Gestapo. They were all good little Germans. Point is that a "tiny minority" can do tremendous damage and kill people far beyond their own numbers if we don't stop them. When ever found they need to be eradicated. Not coddled and pamper so we can understand them better. I don't want to understand evil I want to kill it as much as we can.
Posted By: LeFusil Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: craigd

The people that helped over there need to be brought into USA and be helped in starting new life here. It is the only right thing to do.

STFU you tool.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 05:09 PM
We know there is only a few, but what we don't know until they act is, who are the few?

Then its to late for some people.
Posted By: canvasback Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 05:14 PM
This thread was meant to show sympathy and support for our British friends. Perhaps those who can't resist the politics of the situation could start another thread and leave this one alone.

Paying one's respects in the funeral home is neither the time or the place to dump on the dead guy's politics. If you really thought the dead guy was an ass, you should just stay home. Likewise here.
Posted By: James M Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 05:52 PM
And that they way it was CB until the left wing Muslim apologists decided to take this political. These wingnuts should IMO have been tossed off this forum ages ago as their sole purpose here is to cause trouble.
This is also the reason I and several others rarely post here any more.
Jim
Posted By: canvasback Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 05:58 PM
Originally Posted By: James M
And that they way it was CB until the left wing Muslim apologists decided to take this political. These wingnuts should IMO have been tossed off this forum ages ago as their sole purpose here is to cause trouble.
This is also the reason I and several others rarely post here any more.
Jim

Actually Jim, it was jOe, hardly a left wing Muslim apologist, that brought politics into this thread. And I'm no fan of the left wing. But there is a time and place and this ain't it.
Posted By: pooch Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:01 PM
The time for sorrow is long past, now is the time for anger.
Posted By: dal Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:33 PM
Some of you here hate every Muslim. Some Muslims hate every westerner.....see the parallel?

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:36 PM

Tim

You are living in a liberal dream world....feeling sorry for those hurt or killed won't change a thing.

How many sharia law courts are operating in your quaint little country of England ?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:39 PM

All Muslims are terrorists in waiting....wither you want to admit it or not their religion demands it.

When 9/11 happened all Muslims/middle easterners should have had their assets confiscated by the US government and they should have all been deported out of this country.

Plain and simple.
Posted By: dal Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:44 PM
There are 1.6 billion of them stupid. If they all wanted us dead, they would have done it already.

If you had two brain cells to rub together, they would add up to a Canadian penny. No wonder your homeless.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:45 PM
And what would liberal thinking be worth ?

Nothing
Posted By: dal Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:48 PM
I wouldn't know....I'm not one.

What's it like being delusional? We all know you can answer that one.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:49 PM
What are you then a closet Muslim like our last so called president and L. Brown ?
Posted By: dal Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 06:59 PM
Just when one thought your comments couldn't get any more stupid.

But go ahead...impress us once more.
Posted By: Nick. C Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 07:49 PM
Anyone who is prepared to kill innocent people in the name of ANY religion is inhuman.

JOe, England (or the whole UK) isn't a quaint little country anymore. We don't wear shirts and ties on a weekend or play cricket on the village green these days. The people here have not been able to stop the changes made by the E U and have been sold down the river by a succession of weak/corrupt and even criminal politicians. This situation is not our doing. We don't like it and are just peering over the horizon to a fresh start without unelected faceless money grabbing politicians making rules for us whether we like it or not. I see valid points in the majority of the posts I've read here but don't forget, if our enemy understands what it means to divide and conquer, they're ahead on points already.
That's not a dig at anyone in particular, just my view. People have had their lives cut short by a murderer. Let's not forget that.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:02 PM
Immigration without assimilation is envasion.

Any immigrants unwilling to adopt their new country's laws, vaules, and culture should be prohibited, or if already present, removed. Fundamentalist Islam is incompatible with Western concepts of individual freedom and equality. Leftist politicians encourage it because its really Soviet style Balkanization, intended to disrupt societies to the point that a totalitarian police state is inacted.

It's documented Soviet doctrine. Only ignorant fools deny this.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:15 PM
Amen
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:17 PM
Originally Posted By: El Garro
Anyone who is prepared to kill innocent people in the name of ANY religion is inhuman.

JOe, England (or the whole UK) isn't a quaint little country anymore. We don't wear shirts and ties on a weekend or play cricket on the village green these days. The people here have not been able to stop the changes made by the E U and have been sold down the river by a succession of weak/corrupt and even criminal politicians. This situation is not our doing. We don't like it and are just peering over the horizon to a fresh start without unelected faceless money grabbing politicians making rules for us whether we like it or not. I see valid points in the majority of the posts I've read here but don't forget, if our enemy understands what it means to divide and conquer, they're ahead on points already.
That's not a dig at anyone in particular, just my view. People have had their lives cut short by a murderer. Let's not forget that.

Exactly....finally an Englishman with sense.

England should be about ready for a Muslim cleansing.
Posted By: eugene molloy Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:18 PM
Dear God, has it really come to this?

In a forum of supposedly like minded people, with much of interest in common, even an expression of support and sympathy in a time of sorrow can be so debased?

I don't think I have a place here anymore.

Eug
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:21 PM
I'd be more worried about how long it will be before you don't have a place in England anymore.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:24 PM
Probably about time this thread which began with noble intention, but has now degenerated, be locked. After this last election, Americans should not be allowed to discuss politics without pistols at hand...Geo
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:33 PM
Well, last election was Godsend from ultra right wing European Nationalist point of view. It's not that they love or admire Donald J. Trump, but perception is that with his Make America Great agenda they hope he will leave Europe alone to take care of its issues. From what they told me it is hoped he will be our leader for two full terms. If Hillary R. Clinton was elected she would send in more US troops into different countries and try to precipitate localized confrontation with Russia using Ukraine as an excuse, Most Europeans do not want that.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 08:34 PM
True, this thread has gone from expressions of sympathy to the analysis of causation.

How many more times must we express sympathy? Until the point that it is considered "normal" and that the victims really "had it coming"?

The denial of causation is what is really disturbing, as well as politicians willing to sacrifice the lives of their citizens in order to achieve a socio-political goal.
Posted By: keith Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 10:04 PM
Exactly Ken. We do not honor the victims when we choose to ignore the cause of their demise and make excuses for the belief system that led to them being killed.

To read many of the posts here, one would think death due to Muslim Jihad and Islamic beliefs is relatively rare. But of course, there are many here who will refuse to even take a look at sites like this...

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

...until they get the call that their son, daughter, or loved one was shot, blown up, maimed, or murdered in the name of Islam.

As to the absurd statement from the illiterate dla (sic) about 1.6 billion Muslims who could've killed us all by now if they wanted... If he ever took his head out of his little dwarf ass, he would know that the most extreme Muslims have been harshly tamped down numerous times over the centuries. The apologists are only prolonging what inevitably needs to happen to put this disease in remission once again.
Posted By: craigd Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 10:26 PM
Originally Posted By: eugene molloy
....In a forum of supposedly like minded people....

....I don't think I have a place here anymore.

Eug

I'd think you have a very welcome place here. Glad your niece is okay. Even though it hasn't been mention, an American husband and wife are among the victims. Still, the variety of thoughts on the matter might at least be understandable, if not agreeable.
Posted By: bavarianbrit Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 11:10 PM
It was just on the news here in the UK that Kurt and Melissa Cochran from West Bountiful, Utah, were on Westminster Bridge when the terrorist struck Kurt was killed his wife has a broken leg.
My deepest sympathies to anyone who may have known them.
At least there was one armed policeman - a politicians bodyguard BTW did put a stop to the carnage.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/23/17 11:25 PM
We're tired of the sympathy, we want revenge.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/24/17 01:28 AM
Here's a question for our British friends. Why does it appear that Islamic terrorism is being dealt with differently than IRA terrorism was? I don't recall anything like the current self blaming and absurd rationalizations. Nor was the IRA called an "Organization of Peace".
Posted By: James M Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/24/17 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken61
Here's a question for our British friends. Why does it appear that Islamic terrorism is being dealt with differently than IRA terrorism was? I don't recall anything like the current self blaming and absurd rationalizations. Nor was the IRA called an "Organization of Peace".

IMO: You can chalk it up to political correctness gone haywire.
Again when reality returns to Great Britain it will return with a vengeance.
Jim
Posted By: pooch Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/24/17 03:33 AM
The left considers brown votes to be worth more then white lives.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: OT - To our British friends - 03/25/17 03:34 AM
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
We're tired of the sympathy, we want revenge.

I predict that if the so called "good Muslims" don't get a grip on the so called "bad Muslims".

That within a few short years the world wide slogan will be "the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim".
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com