doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: tdidona Help identifying Vincenzo Bernardelli Italia - 12/04/16 04:18 AM
Hello all, first post. I've inherited a large gun collection and having trouble identifying a Vincenzo Bernardelli Italia. I can't determine if it's the "standard" model, or the Extra. The right barrel is stamped Acciaio-Speciale-Extra, so I thought it was the extra. But I was told that the Extra would have more intricate engraving and gold inlays. Can anyone assist with this, as I'm trying to determine the correct model and value. I'm hoping my link to pictures works, I can post more if needed. Thanks. Vincenzo Bernardelli Italia
Can you provide additional images of the touchmarks on the water-table, flats & the area ahead of the flats. Those marks may aide in the ID of an unknown hammer scattergun currently of interest:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=464356#Post464356

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
I'll get these pics up this week, currently the gun is not at my house, but I'll have it during the week and happy to try to help. Any idea on whether mine is a standard or extra Italia based on pics?
I'd guess based on the term Extra on the tube but that may just refer to the steel type. Seeing the marks is the best way to ferret out the demon and many times the modell is stamped on the aft lug.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
OK so I have added pics to the shared album in my original post, I can't figure out how to post them on here, I may not have enough posts. It's hard to photograph this gun due to the holographic type pattern on it. Here is what I'm seeing, forgive my ignorance on specific parts, I'm new to the high end shotgun world:

Receiver left side:
63825 - I'm assuming serial no
VB over a G in a triangle, with a leaf on top, I understand this to be the Vincenzo Bernardelli stamp
S.A. Vincenzo Bernardelli
There is also some kind of Y facing right

Receiver right side:
Gardone V.T. (Brescia)Italia
The 3 symbols and a number - you can see these pretty clear in my picture
First symbol is some kind of crossing swords
2nd is PSF with a star above it
3rd is a little worn off, looks like FINITO with a star on top
Number is 521

521 is also stamped under triggers

Barrel left side on silver part:
XXIII / 63825 / 12
Barrel left side on black part:
VB with a star
Barrel right side on silver part:
Vincenzo Bernardelli Gardone V.T.
Same three emblems as above (crossing swords, PSF, and VBG in triangle) / a larger Y / 521 / 12
Barrel right side on black part:
B4 12 with 3 stars

I'd love to know: 1) what model I have, 2) what year this was made, 3) what chokes are set up on this gun, and 4) what size shell I should use in it, as I'm going to use it on Sunday.

Any help you can provide would be great, I'm hoping I might have helped a little as well. I can post more pics if needed.
XXIII would be the date:

I'm not sure on the Modell so I say just email VB.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

The stars denote the amount of constriction or choke.

Star - Full

Star Star Star - Half or Modified

I'd still pattern test it as choke is shot size dependent.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Since the proof marks is a Single Star over PSF and not the Twin Stars of PSF(Nov. 2nd 1962 for 17637 PSI) then the chamber would be 70mm.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com