doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RARiddell Beretta BL series - 11/20/16 03:23 PM
What can you tell me about the BL series from Beretta, were they a cataloged model under a different name and imported by Garcia corp as the BL? Or were they specifically designed for Garcia? Are there any other Beretta models that use the "Speed Trigger" ?
Posted By: eightbore Re: Beretta BL series - 11/20/16 10:33 PM
I am down to one double trigger BL1, so I don't have a lot of information. I don't think the BL was neccesarily designed for Garcia, but Garcia sold a bunch of them. I don't know which models used the speed trigger, but I think they were installed on some side by side models as well as over unders. No higher grade guns were infected with that trigger that I am aware of.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Beretta BL series - 11/21/16 12:32 AM
Infected, I like that! I was always curious about that trigger, why not just a single trigger?
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Beretta BL series - 11/21/16 03:08 PM
I believe the BL series ran from BL1 thru BL4. I hunted for several years with a BL-2S which was equipped with the hinged speed trigger. I never had any problems with the trigger and it was easy to select either barrel by moving the trigger finger up or down with no repositioning of the hand. Others that tried my gun didn't fair so well, often moving the trigger finger to the center pivot point resulting in no "bang bang".
Posted By: Replacement Re: Beretta BL series - 11/21/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
I believe the BL series ran from BL1 thru BL4.

I used to know a guy who had a BL5 20 gauge. Beautiful gun. Have never seen another one.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Beretta BL series - 11/21/16 10:06 PM
RARiddel, I would rather have my BL1 with double triggers than a fifty year old single trigger on an el-cheapo over under. Not that a Beretta over under made in the sixties has a defective single trigger, but you never know. Double triggers are kind of a guarantee that the gun will go "bang" every time you pull the trigger.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Beretta BL series - 11/21/16 10:55 PM
BL was simply the American designation for the S-55/56/57 guns sold in Europe. Slightly tweaked for the American market. (I think only the BL-1 had DT; no sling swivels; etc.) Nice guns for the money. The smallbores have a decent following among doublegunners who prefer their barrels oriented vertically.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com