doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bobski another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/14/16 06:12 PM
if i can figure out pic posting, i'll post up. but not only did we have a great and safe shoot, we had smoked turkeys, duck, ziti, you name it. campfires went all night with mashmellows and smores.
a fellow from springfield won the trophy on the 40yd line and one of very own 17 year old students from branson won 1st place hoa. imagine that.
be glad to have you guys in april. lmk.
stay in touch.
That's great to hear!!! I know what you mean about posting pics because it got a whole lot tougher when Photobucket started going haywire.
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/15/16 03:40 AM
had 28 saturday.
age group was 11 to 83.
lotsa fun!
Yeah, right.

I add and subtract dozens of images on photobucket every week.
It works fine.

Cripes, even my phone auto uploads to it.

Any issues you may have with photos are by choice or an operator problem.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/15/16 02:07 PM
JPGBOX is easy and the pics never seem to go away. That's the problem with other sites, you go to them later when doing research, but the host has deleted them. You don't even have to have an account, and you simply edit the pics in your computer library before you post them.
I have never had photo bucket to delete any pics, in at least 8 years of using it. My only problem posting pics was not their fault, it was that somehow Flashplayer had become disabled on my Mac, and I could not copy the pics to post them. Once I re-enabled
Flashplayer, on my computer, everything went back to work fine.

SRH
Posted By: canvasback Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/15/16 03:24 PM
lol, Stan, was it you who enabled Flashplayer?
Yes, James. I was trying unsuccessfully to copy a pic from my PB account, when a popup asked me if I'd like to enable it once or all the time. I clicked on "once", clicked on the IMG box again, and it copied just like it used to! I don't know how it got that way, but it's fine now.

I'm guarding my "mouse" closely, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

SRH
Posted By: Ken61 Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/15/16 04:44 PM
The problem with Photo Bucket is when OTHER people delete their pics, so when you find a relevant topic and go to it the poster has deleted the photos. Or, due to the age of the topic, the poster may no longer be with us and the photo bucket account has been closed.
That's true Ken.
I just copy reference photo's and place them in folders on my computer.

I don't watermark my pictures for two reasons.

1. I don't regard myself as that important. and

2. It's the internet, if I didn't want to share them, I wouldn't put them up.

But failing the simple mechanics of getting a picture posted is an operator error.
Posted By: canvasback Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/15/16 10:48 PM
Stan, was just guessing, as happens so often, that we call upon younger (kids, grandkids) people to fix what we have buggered up.

I'm not that good myself but I get by. My mother could destroy the software in a computer within about 15 mins. And when asked (grilled?) she'd claim "I just did what you said!" LOL

My brother and I did what we could 'cause she liked getting on line but man could she mess it up fast.
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/19/16 11:02 AM
im on dialup/xp/ie7 and photobucket is not kind to this computer.
other than that...ive had some people offer to help me....so that is the route I will take.
now...if only we can get some people to come in april, id be able to throw a nice bash for you all.
I don't know I've been getting a lot of advertisements pop ups that jam Photobucket on my computer. I couldn't copy the picture I brought up from my library stuff like that. It use to be real user friendly.
So did anyone figure out what the 50 bucks was for ?
Posted By: skeettx Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/20/16 11:12 PM
For Bobski

Great pics. Great crew!!

But one Sweet Model 12.
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/21/16 12:18 PM
odd fact. the trophy winner, 1st place, and I were the only ones NOT in blue jeans. :>
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/21/16 12:18 PM
thanks skeettx for your IT support.
I hope that one day I can make it as you are close
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/22/16 03:30 AM
that next day is 7-8-9 april. kc is close. 5 hrs max.
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/25/16 11:15 AM
I have more pics but don't want to abuse skeetx's generosity, making this pic thing routine.
Motley looking crew how many days without showering ?
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/27/16 02:19 PM
why don't you come next time and find out.
Bob, what grade of Model 12 is that???? It doesn't look like a Black Diamond Grade.
Posted By: bobski Re: another sucessful meet in vanzant, mo - 10/27/16 08:58 PM
its a pigeon plate 4 with b carving. 2 bbl set. 26 ws1 and 28 full. odd combo. 1964. vented pad gives it away.
Does the 50 bucks not even cover a shower ?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com