doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: GrouseGunner Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/25/16 09:31 PM
My Aya 28ga chambers have some heavy fowling, about where the hull opens in the chamber, I have run my bronze brush through it and used a heavy duty solvent/ plastic remover, but it won't come out.

Is this something I should get a chamber brush for? Something I can pull back and fourth through the chambers soaked in solvent? Theres one at brownels Im looking at, could I possibly just use one extension of my rod I already have with my hopped phos bronze brush and just pull it back and fourth to clear it out?

Thanks!
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/25/16 09:39 PM
I wrap 4-0000 steel wool around a bronze brush, wet it with solvent and insert into my electric drill and spin it through. That should do no harm but it will polish out everything...Geo
Posted By: postoak Re: Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/25/16 09:40 PM
Dowel rod with 0000 Steel Wool, light oil, drill motor, and common sense will take care of your fouling.
Posted By: postoak Re: Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/25/16 09:41 PM
George beat me ! smile
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/25/16 09:44 PM
Yes, that also works for all the shotgun gauges. Some plastic hulls tend to leave surface rust in chambers, don't know why, but it happens.
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/25/16 10:32 PM
I have used shooters choice for years- give it a good soaking and hit it with a brush repeat a couple time then run a bore snake through, rule of thumb 5 passes for every 15 shots.
If you can get your hands on some. (What I used in the service,was PD-60 or 680 eats plastic like no tomorrow)
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Cleaning 28ga chambers? - 09/26/16 01:10 PM
Big 45 Frontier Pads have worked better for me than anything else. Wrap some around a brush and chuck it up in your electric drill and introduce some solvent then spin away. I expect your fouling won't stand up to this treatment.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com